3D Printed am4 bracket?

cj360

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
So I ordered an older cpu cooler that could fit into smaller cases like the S4 and Sentry with their lower height limit for cpu coolers. Cooler in question is a Titan TTC-NC25/HS and it has many different mounting brackets, am4 is left out for obvious reasons. The kit from noctua is a couple millimeters too sort to use their brackets on the bottom of the cpu block and I would rather not try to cut new holes in them to fit.

So I'm wondering if I could use a pair of calipers and a cad program to model the cooler and create a custom bracket. I'm guessing it would be better to design something to be laser cut out of metal? Or would a cheaper plastic material be strong enough?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
The issue with 3D printing would be the strength needed to mount the cooler down tight enough. You don't see any mounting solutions with plastic being used for the tension part of it for a reason, unfortunately.

Laser cut, CNC, or even hand cut steel would be your best bet :)

cj360

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
Yeah that makes sense, just figured I'd ask as there's other users with experience designing or producing parts with CNC or 3D.

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Confusis is right, mounting the cooler requires the strength beyond the strength (and surface hardness) of 3D printed plastic. Another issue would be high temperature that close to the CPU.