Stalled 3.5L HTPC Case- Made for Ryzen!

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Sadly, no. Just the screenshots I've shown. Im going on vacation for 2 weeks soon, so there wont be any updates for abit.
I’d honestly say sliger would be a better choice for yah. In my experience protocase is ridiculously expensive.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Love this concept, exactly what I’ve been looking for. I sincerely hope it hits production.

I highly doubt it will. It's stalled, Mostly due to lack of funds, but also interest. I don't feel like dumping around $1000 to get the production price down to $50 each, for twenty of them, when there is a market for maybe 5. Unless interest spikes, I'm afraid i'll just have to forget this project.

Windfall

Reactions: AleksandarK

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
HEY.... is this still active? I've, thanks to relentlessly questioning @KSliger, made a accurate 3d model complete with pemserts. I still need to make the cover, but things are looking up. I sure hope people are still interested in a production run. If I do, I'll do 20.

SPECS (as of now):

17 gauge steel
3M tape to mount PSU
supports Wraith stealth without AMD shroud- 49 ish mm of cooler height from mobo
no c14 port- no room (maybe use a smaller one?)

I've got a 3d model of the bottom here-
https://autode.sk/2tODvnB

E-Rod

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2018
Really cool case design. In my overzealous quest to eliminate Intel at my house, one of the last things I want to replace is my i3 NUC. I was looking at the Udoo Bolt but it's gonna be December before I can even get one (and it'll still be embedded at best).

This is exactly what I have in mind, I'd probably go with the new 2300X that just leaked and toss that passive AM4 cooler on it. :cool:

Just give me the option of black and I'd be down!

Oh just choosing between steel and aluminum? No magnesium? Kidding... sorta XD

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Really cool case design. In my overzealous quest to eliminate Intel at my house, one of the last things I want to replace is my i3 NUC. I was looking at the Udoo Bolt but it's gonna be December before I can even get one (and it'll still be embedded at best).

This is exactly what I have in mind, I'd probably go with the new 2300X that just leaked and toss that passive AM4 cooler on it. :cool:

Just give me the option of black and I'd be down!

Oh just choosing between steel and aluminum? No magnesium? Kidding... sorta XD

Only one color- black! And only steel. There are no real options on this. Its target? Minimalism.

E-Rod

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2018
Just giving you a hard time, appreciate the design coming along. Definitely like the idea of fitting a HDPLEX 160W + AC/DC internal brick with proper mounting points.

Have you decided on what the cooler / memory height clearance will be? ~60mm would be idea to fit most compact cooler choices. The biggest one I could think of is the Shuriken which is 58mm I believe.

Since you're using steel, it might be a good idea to use countersunk regions for a magnetic fan filter inlay.

Reactions: AleksandarK

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Just giving you a hard time, appreciate the design coming along. Definitely like the idea of fitting a HDPLEX 160W + AC/DC internal brick with proper mounting points.
Have you decided on what the cooler / memory height clearance will be? ~60mm would be idea to fit most compact cooler choices. The biggest one I could think of is the Shuriken which is 58mm I believe.

Since you're using steel, it might be a good idea to use countersunk regions for a magnetic fan filter inlay.

There's enough room for a wraith stealth without the amd shroud. Right around 45mms of clearance. As for the hdplex, I'm going to include 3m sticky pads that are rated to 150 pounds at 110°, witch should hold it. Pemserts would be visible on the front if used, and I want a clean front. Please explain the magnetic inlays.

E-Rod

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2018
The magnetic fan filters are basically fine mesh filters with a magnetic outline so they can stick to the case intake areas.

The Fractal Design cases implement these with a recessed (2mm?) area that fits the filter exactly so that alignment isn’t a problem (and they fit flush with the case).

Other cases do similar. If you google “magnetic fan filter pc” you’ll find some good pictures of how they work.

They’re mostly for intake areas but some put them on top areas to avoid dust falling inside too.

ebc92

Average Stuffer
Mar 4, 2018
HEY.... is this still active? I've, thanks to relentlessly questioning @KSliger, made a accurate 3d model complete with pemserts. I still need to make the cover, but things are looking up. I sure hope people are still interested in a production run. If I do, I'll do 20.

SPECS (as of now):

17 gauge steel
3M tape to mount PSU
supports Wraith stealth without AMD shroud- 49 ish mm of cooler height from mobo
no c14 port- no room (maybe use a smaller one?)

I've got a 3d model of the bottom here-
https://autode.sk/2tODvnB

Specs are looking on point. How do you work around the lack of a c14 port though?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
The magnetic fan filters are basically fine mesh filters with a magnetic outline so they can stick to the case intake areas.

The Fractal Design cases implement these with a recessed (2mm?) area that fits the filter exactly so that alignment isn’t a problem (and they fit flush with the case).

Other cases do similar. If you google “magnetic fan filter pc” you’ll find some good pictures of how they work.

They’re mostly for intake areas but some put them on top areas to avoid dust falling inside too.

That would require cnc milling, wouldn't it? I could include dust filter mounting points.....

Specs are looking on point. How do you work around the lack of a c14 port though?

That, my friend, is called a c8 connector: http://nfc-systems.com/shop-all/fs5yyuelcpkccl596azgxv15m6fv9r