CPU [20/08/2024]ASRock DeskMini X600 BIOS "4.03.MEM01" (with RAM voltage settings!!!) - AGESA ComboAM5Pi "1.2.0.0a"

Stoney

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2024
ofc that 8000 setting is much worse cuz you run the tRDRDSC/tWRWRSC timings now at 2 which is a huge bandwidth hit. They should always be fixed at 1, don't keep them at auto.

Edit: if you feel adventurous you can try my 8000 settings which Hydrax posted here in Post #25

Last edited:

Wakefull

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2024
ofc that 8000 setting is much worse cuz you run the tRDRDSC/tWRWRSC timings now at 2 which is a huge bandwidth hit. They should always be fixed at 1, don't keep them at auto.

Edit: if you feel adventurous you can try my 8000 settings which Hydrax posted here in Post #25
Thanks for the advice. In practice, memory tertiary timings don’t provide anything except nice-looking numbers in ZenTimings ))). Post #25 uses the 8500G (less than 65 watts, different graphics, and fewer cores) with memory based on different chips. In my case, anything below 46-46-46 is unstable at any voltage. And 8000 is unstable and performs worse. I’ve provided evidence of this. Could you share your AIDA64 result? I’d be very interested to see it. Maybe I made a mistake somewhere!?

Reactions: Phuncz

Stoney

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2024
Don't lower all primary timings the same, only tCL and tRP will go lower on your kit, tRCD 46 while possible at 8000 might not be 100% stable.
We basically have the same Ram only yours has a 6000 XMP while mine has a 5600 JEDEC Profile. Chips are the same.
I like to keep a lil bit of safety margin with my timings cuz some errors only manifest after a long time of testing.
Here my Aida, Reads and Copy are FCLK limited. But the iGPU cares little about the FCLK, it probably has a wider connection to the infinity fabric than the cpu cores cuz its performance scales with every MHz higher memory clock even with "low" FCLK.

Wakefull

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2024
Thank you, Stoney, for drawing my attention to some settings. 8000 with higher timings doesn't provide any benefits in my scenario, even though the latency is lower. I'm not sure what could be causing this!? Maybe I just don't have the best chip or memory. For now, I've settled on 7800.

Reactions: HydrAxx747

nirvana

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2020
I have a contact who uses the same model of DDR5 SO-DIMM RAM kit as yours and who advised me these settings for 8000MHz CL38 (yes! yes! 😅) where he holds more than 2 hours of Y-Cruncher (preset VT3) and more than 50 complete cycles of TestMem5 (preset 1usmus) stable, these are his everyday usage settings on his DeskMini X600 (bios "4.03.MEM01") and APU Ryzen 5 8500G, I have not yet had time to test them but if you want to try, you will gain 30~40% additional performance on your iGPU due to the significant increase in RAM/VRAM bandwidth, however you must remember to set your UCLK ratio to "UCLK=MCLK/2" (and not "UCLK=MCLK") to be able support such a high frequency, here is the ZenTimings screenshot he provided me which contains all the details of his voltage, timing and internal RAM resistance settings, to get 8000MHz CL38 @1.40v stable:

Correction: this is a Kingston FURY Impact SO-DIMM 5600MHz CL40 kit but in 2x16GB or 32GB (and not 2x32GB or 64GB like you) but there is a way with a few adjustments that it will still work for you.​

Hello HydrAxx747, apologies for disturbing you.

Do you know which timings would require adjustments for 2x32GB? I want to start my memory OC journey and this seems like a good chance to start learning. If you could point to me which timings require modifications I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

HydrAxx747

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Hello HydrAxx747, apologies for disturbing you.

Do you know which timings would require adjustments for 2x32GB? I want to start my memory OC journey and this seems like a good chance to start learning. If you could point to me which timings require modifications I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance.
No idea sorry, I don't have any DDR5 SO-DIMM kit in 2x32GB or even in Dual Rank at all to test this, all I know is that it will necessarily be more complicated (requiring necessarily more relaxed timings) to manage by the memory controller, moreover the maximum frequencies obtainable in overclocking may also necessarily be lower than with a Single Rank kit too.

nirvana

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2020
No idea sorry, I don't have any DDR5 SO-DIMM kit in 2x32GB or even in Dual Rank at all to test this, all I know is that it will necessarily be more complicated (requiring necessarily more relaxed timings) to manage by the memory controller, moreover the maximum frequencies obtainable in overclocking may also necessarily be lower than with a Single Rank kit too.

Thank you very much for your insights. I guess I'll have to properly learn to be able to figure this out. Dual rank seems a different beast. No matter what I tried, even with all timings in auto and 1.4V (uclk=mclk/2; fclk=2000) I couldn't go past 6800. Time to have fun I guess.

We'll see what dual rank hynix A-die can do. I wonder how much CSODIMM will be able to improve things.

HydrAxx747

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Thank you very much for your insights. I guess I'll have to properly learn to be able to figure this out. Dual rank seems a different beast. No matter what I tried, even with all timings in auto and 1.4V (uclk=mclk/2; fclk=2000) I couldn't go past 6800. Time to have fun I guess.

We'll see what dual rank hynix A-die can do. I wonder how much CSODIMM will be able to improve things.
Exactly, to see what it goes with the CSO-DIMM standard, normally we already have compatibility on the DeskMini X600, at least with BIOS 4.03/4.03.MEM01 because it happens from firmware AGESA AM5 1.2.0.0, and apart from the Ryzen 7000 CPUs (Raphael) which are not compatible for the moment from what I understood but on the other hand no worries with the Ryzen 8000 APUs (Hawk Point) and the Ryzen 9000 CPUs (Granite Ridge).

Besides, I look forward to having a return from someone who will test the Crucial CSODIMM kit(for 170usd in US and 186eur in Europe) which is already available for purchase, it is in 32GB (2x16) 6400MHz CL52-52-52-103 @1.1V. Really curious to see the concrete gains brought by these ReDriver chips...

First Crucial CSO-DIMM kit: https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr5/CT2K16G64C52CS5

Reactions: nirvana

Stoney

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2024
don't expect to much from clocked RAM, the AMD IMC wouldn't really profit from it cuz its not that clock signal quality limited, it would probably only help a lil with dual ranked memory on AMD.

On a side note: Intel says that you wanna bypass the clock driver on CUDIMM if you wanna go for high speeds.