Motherboard [New BIOS Update]ASRock DeskMini X300 BIOS "L1.80A" - AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.7

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Hi DeskMini X300 users, yesterday ASRock secretly released a new Official Beta BIOS "L1.80A" without much information (see no information) more than "Update AMD AM4 AGESA ComboBIOSv2 PI 1.2.0.7" , which was already the case for the Official Beta BIOS "L1.77" and "L1.79".

So now it remains to see for ourselves what changes they have made, which hopefully will be positive, because according to the reports I could hear previously, in the "L1.79" the overclocking of the iGPU had become extremely limited (no more than 2.25GHz on the Vega7 and Vega8 iGPUs of the Ryzen 5600G and 5700G) and for my part impossible to boot (blackscreen and "Clear CMOS" obligation) at more than 3933MHz with my SO-DIMM DDR4 RAM kit "Corsair Vengeance 32GB(2X16) 3000MHz CL16-18-18-39 1.2v" (using Samsung B-Die chips) while with Beta BIOS "L1.77" there is no problems to boot and stabilize at 4000MHz and above.

Link of Official Beta BIOS "L1.80A": https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/AM4/X300M-STX(1.80A)ROM.zip
(Mirror - My personal Uptobox server): https://uptobox.com/ju1yhfhehxfq

Last edited:

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Hi DeskMini X300 users, yesterday ASRock secretly released a new Official Beta BIOS "L1.80A" without much information (see no information) more than "Update AMD AM4 AGESA ComboBIOSv2 PI 1.2.0.7" , which was already the case for the Official Beta BIOS "L1.77" and "L1.79".
So, I contacted ASRock support yesterday in order to know more at least about the changes made in the Beta "L1.80A" BIOS compared to the previous Beta "L1.79" version they had released and apparently it would be a number of changes concerning "deep sleep" and USB power management after the DeskMini X300 was shut down, in short I put a screenshot of the response email from ASRock that you can you make your own interpretation but I don't think it's more telling than what I just said ^^.

Reactions: Phuncz

sl4sh3rl0v3r

Efficiency Noob
Feb 21, 2022
Most likely with the deep sleep fixes, it refers to the fact that many times with deep sleep activated, if you turned on the computer it would stay freezed without turning on the monitor. You had to turn it off the PC and on again, and most likely the 2nd boot was fine.
Has anyone else experienced what I'm saying? I did the test and indeed it was this function that caused this.

Reactions: HydrAxx747

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Hi and Merry Christmas everyone, have any of you had a chance to test the latest Beta L1.80A BIOS (recently released on the ASRock official support webpage) on your Deskmini X300?

And if so, what is your feedback with this "L1.80A" beta BIOS? Because I'm still on the beta BIOS "L1.79" previously provided by ASRock, and I wanted to know how it is, especially in terms of performance and stability, and if you have tried the Overclocking functions to know if it offers better possibilities from this side or if it is exactly the same as with the previous "L1.79" beta BIOS provided.

Thanking you in advance for your responses.

sl4sh3rl0v3r

Efficiency Noob
Feb 21, 2022
Well, honestly, I don't know about the OC issue, but even having "deep sleep" deactivated, there are problems that turn on the computer with incorrect voltages and it doesn't just turn on. I have to keep shutting down/rebooting like this constantly until it boots up fine. I'll go back to 1.79.

• Wow
Reactions: HydrAxx747

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Well, honestly, I don't know about the OC issue, but even having "deep sleep" deactivated, there are problems that turn on the computer with incorrect voltages and it doesn't just turn on. I have to keep shutting down/rebooting like this constantly until it boots up fine. I'll go back to 1.79.
Mind-bogglingly, it is really very worrying that there are such kind of problems and you should report it to ASRock support, that it forces them to keep working on the BIOS of ASRock DeskMini X300.
Otherwise question what is your configuration in your X300 (CPU, RAM, etc.) and are you using the original power supply (AcBel 120W normally) provided by ASRock?

sl4sh3rl0v3r

Efficiency Noob
Feb 21, 2022
Mind-bogglingly, it is really very worrying that there are such kind of problems and you should report it to ASRock support, that it forces them to keep working on the BIOS of ASRock DeskMini X300.
Otherwise question what is your configuration in your X300 (CPU, RAM, etc.) and are you using the original power supply (AcBel 120W normally) provided by ASRock?
Yes, PSU original and 5600G.

sl4sh3rl0v3r

Efficiency Noob
Feb 21, 2022
Okay, I think this problem is caused by disabling SMT. Can you test this? Disable this feature and try reboots. If we draw this conclusion we can send them a report.