Log FormD T1 meets MinisForum BD790i! (Build Log & benchmarks)

hrh_ginsterbusch

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
If compact size is a must, maybe .. get the T1 back and put its components into an S300 or S400?
That'd allow for more flexible fun with the T1 while your family member wouldnt lose anything :)

cu, w0lf.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Could you run Argus monitor and let me know if it can control the cpu fan (and would it be possible to use a "sys" fan header for the cpu)? Also does it support PCIe bifurcation on the slot?
Well I used & tested Fan Control on the BD790i. Results were a bit odd :
  • On the Cha1 channel, I was able to control the fan without any issue
  • On the CPU channel, my control over the fan was far from behind perfect, as if MB was clearly interfering with Fan control.
  • Conclusion : I stopped using fan control as it was only for 1 set of fans (exhaust GPU) that I finally controlled through bios (constant curve @300rpm..:))
Regarding bifurcation, I cannot confirm @100% (I'm not using it), but it was added on BD770i (BD790i and BD770i are sharing the same bios) on bios 1.04
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/questions-about-minisforum-bd770i-capabilities/204529

Reactions: bn-l and rfarmer

bn-l

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 8, 2024
Well I used & tested Fan Control on the BD790i. Results were a bit odd :
  • On the Cha1 channel, I was able to control the fan without any issue
  • On the CPU channel, my control over the fan was far from behind perfect, as if MB was clearly interfering with Fan control.
  • Conclusion : I stopped using fan control as it was only for 1 set of fans (exhaust GPU) that I finally controlled through bios (constant curve @300rpm..:))
Regarding bifurcation, I cannot confirm @100% (I'm not using it), but it was added on BD770i (BD790i and BD770i are sharing the same bios) on bios 1.04
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/questions-about-minisforum-bd770i-capabilities/204529

Thanks for the reply. One more thing: Do you know if it's possible to "unlock" the tdp for the CPU in the bios to increase it past the, I believe, 100w max?