CPU [20/08/2024]ASRock DeskMini X600 BIOS "4.03.MEM01" (with RAM voltage settings!!!) - AGESA ComboAM5Pi "1.2.0.0a"

HydrAxx747

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
I have found the error!
Cause of error: Driver.

I have now tested all the latest drivers.
From version > Adrenalin 24.6.1 (27.06.2024) the problems occur.

No idea what AMD screwed up from then on and whether they will ever fix it.
For all who have similar problems: Up to version Adrenalin 24.5.1 (15.05.2024) everything works fine!

The only thing that bothers me now is that it only boots sporadically with more than 5200 Mhz.
Is this due to the RAM (bad kit), the CPU (bad CPU) or the DeskMini (bad DeskMini?).

As I said, with 6400 Mhz and 1.2V the computer runs like a charm when it boots.
No errors in MemTest86 and no problems in benchmarks.

Can you explain the problem you encountered because I don't see at all what you're talking about? In addition, your account is completely new so I don't see where you would have explained it on this forum, so sorry but what you report seems very vague to me but I would like to understand😅.

DeiDei

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 29, 2024
Can you explain the problem you encountered because I don't see at all what you're talking about? In addition, your account is completely new so I don't see where you would have explained it on this forum, so sorry but what you report seems very vague to me but I would like to understand😅.
Oh, sorry for the confusion.
I had found this thread of yours as I was hoping your released BIOS for the DeskMini X600 would solve my problem.

As described, I could not play Transport Fever 2 with crashes and Cities: Skylines II at all.

At first I thought it was the RAM (hence your BIOS) because there were problems with the memory of the graphics card, which comes from the RAM in an APU) and thought I would get help here.

But now I know it was a problem with the driver (see previous answers).

My question that remains now and where you may have valuable information:

Why does the DeskMini X600 with the mentioned memory (Kingston FURY Impact SO-DIMM Kit 64GB, DDR5-5600, CL40-40-40, on-die ECC) - no matter which RAM OC settings (5200, 5600, 6400) - not always boot? Sometimes it takes 30-60 seconds until it displays a picture and boots, sometimes I have to switch the DeskMini on/off several times until it is ready to boot.

The DeskMini copes with all stress tests for hours without any problems. The memory runs stable at 1.2V and 6400. The boot problems also occur with the standard clock (of course I have loaded the profile for this!).

So I only have the problem with booting. I am using your published BIOS 4.03.MEM01).

That's why I wrote in this thread.
Could I explain it a little better now?