10L Jonsbo V3+ Custom Gaming Build

zaozabot

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2018
Hi everyone! Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Ukraine.
I would like to share my SFF Build, because i didn't find anything of this kind on the forum. In my opinion Jonsbo V3+ case is perfect balance between case size, cooling capabilities and performance per liter. Of course, not without some inexpensive modding. overall i've spent about 1300-1500 USD to build this PC 1,5 years ago.
Here are my specs:
  • Case - Jonsbo V3+ 10L 200 mm (W) x 240 mm (H) x 218 mm (D).
  • Motherboard - MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC
  • CPU - Interl 6600K
  • CPU cooler - Jonsbo HP625 26.5-48.6CFM
    Radiator Size: 138* 123* 77MM
    Fan Size: 120mm* 120mm* 25mm
  • PSU - Corsair SF600 - powerful modular SFX
  • GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 mini OC 8G
  • RAM - Crucial BLS16G4D240FSE.16FAD 1x16GB
  • 2x2,5 HDDs 1,5 and 2 TB Seagate and Toshiba
  • 1x2,5 SSD 60G Goodram
  • 1x m.2 ssd 128G Chinese noname brand
  • 3 rear exhaust fans 4x4x1 cm
  • 2 side panel fans (can fit 3) Noctua 8x8x2,5
  • top exhaust fans 8x8x1,5 cm modded with LEDs
  • Custom lenght PSU wires, custom acrylic top cover, custom rear switches for LED brightness and Fan speeds, custom hdd mount. Also front panel 2.0+3.0 usbs were replaced with 3.0 usbs.
  • RGB led with wireless remote control.
Alhtough some elements look unfinished or crude, this was my first custom pc build, so there were a lot of trial and error until i was satisfied with what i got. If i had access to 3d printing or laser cutting or pcb printing, all cables and wires would be even more compactly fitted inside the box. Also there's a lot of place left to experiment - i've seen people drill hole in front panel for 12cm fan, and if designed properly it's even possible to add water cooling to the build.

Now about temps.
6600k overclocked to 4200Ghz running at full load - 70C"
GPU - no more than 70-75C
Motherboard 40-60 at full load
At idle case is really silent. Only when performace is at rise, fans are starting to spin - GPU's is the loudest one.
I reccomend expensive but silent Noctua 4x4 cm fans for exhaust - even at full load they will not buzz as some of the cheep ones i used.
Case itself is really compact - it will fit in a some of the bigger backpacks if you would want to carry it around.
If some are interested in details or have any questions - i would gladly chat! It's fun to finally found real fans of small form factor pc's!

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Nice, clean build. What are the 3 dials by the power supply?
Pics can speak a thousand words but sometimes reading words might be better than just looking at the pics.;)

''...custom rear switches for LED brightness and Fan speeds...''

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Pics can speak a thousand words but sometimes reading words might be better than just looking at the pics.;)

''...custom rear switches for LED brightness and Fan speeds...''

Thanks, I read through it too quickly and missed that.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
That fan controller in the back is pretty nuts XD Makes me want to get one to take apart and cram it in my little case, even if it's overkill.

zaozabot

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2018
That fan controller in the back is pretty nuts XD Makes me want to get one to take apart and cram it in my little case, even if it's overkill.
Basically by default this case supports only 4 4x4 fans, but after some testing i understood that they have very poor effect on air circulation + mid price fans had annoyng buzzing noise at any rpm. So logical solution was to use them only when gaming at top load. So i just wired them together through potentiometer directly to PSU. So now 2 top cover fans and 2 side panel fans are connected to with one connector. And 3 4x4 fans and additional 4x4 fan can be ajusted with potentiometer. Of course the best solution would be to use some kind of automatic rpm regulator, but motherboard has only 1 case fan connector, and my electroengeneering skills are not high to design custom component for this task.