News ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Guys this needs to be on the front page of the SFF News page! (beaten) nice catch @Aibohphobia

We need to do some more picture and size comparisons like back with the 1080mini came out. We gotta know if this thing'll fit inside the S4 Mini. According to the page is has dual 90mm fans, should be the same size fan shroud as the 1080mini with its 80 and 100mm one. It's also said to have a 21.8 cm length. 218mm... hmm, thats 5mm longer than the 1080mini? i believe the 1080 mini was 213mm?

Oh god, @Josh | NFC can we get a bigger 2D bezel if we upgrade from a 1080mini to a 1080ti mini? :D

It's also dual- 8-pin power. Which means we gotta talk to larry from HDPLEX to figure out how to power this thing from the HDPLEX-400. @hdplex can we hear about options for powering this beast?

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Which one of you crazies is going to buy this day-1 and send it to Josh for an S4 Mini test-fit? I'm broke and satisfied with my 1080mini... lol
Probably any of you who were waiting for the 1080mini and now have a chance to move up to this card. :)

Besides, I'll wait until 4K projector prices drop to reasonable levels before I move up to 4K gaming on my S4 mini, so a 1080ti upgrade isn't warranted for me right now.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Yeah but isnt VEGA basically DOA thanks to this 1080 Ti Mini?

According to AMD's Raja Koduri, VEGA will be competitive in ITX builds due to the HMB2 advantages.

What exactly are those advantages you might ask?
With the HBM and HBM2 being built into the GPU (circled on the right), the PCB can be a lot smaller when the memory IC's don't take up additional space (in squares on the left)

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
According to AMD's Raja Koduri, VEGA will be competitive in ITX builds due to the HMB2 advantages.

What exactly are those advantages you might ask?
With the HBM and HBM2 being built into the GPU (circled on the right), the PCB can be a lot smaller when the memory IC's don't take up additional space (in squares on the left)
Interesting. Welp, only time will tell. We can already know what the 1080 Ti Mini will perform like, as all 10-series cards GPU-boost to the same clocks and the 1080 mini was able to keep up with it's full-size versions... So it's all down to if VEGA can beat 1080 Ti, or a 1080 for that matter. :/

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
Yeah but isnt VEGA basically DOA thanks to this 1080 Ti Mini? If the 1080 Ti Mini can manage to fit inside the S4 then there's no way a VEGA card can outperform the 1080ti? or are you going for a specific AMD build? :)
Well like the others said, it is too early to call it DOA. I am not aboard the hype train, I am just waiting to see what innovations it brings.
I mean, why jump the gun now when I can wait a week and know I won't regret my decision.

but regarding specific amd...hmmm not really. I am getting Ryzen unless intel pools a fast one and releases mini itx skylake x solution that is competitive. GPU wise, I am keeping an eye on AMD because they currently have much better dx12 drivers. For instance lets say tomb raider at 1440p. in dx11 a 1080 beats 580 CF by a huge margin, but in dx12 CF 580s beat the 1080 by 5-10%.

When I first built my sandy bridge rig in 2011 I had an AMD HD6950 which held out as long as it could but I only ever played League of Legends with it as other games had horrible 1% and 0.1%. Later I upgraded to a gtx 970 and I got spoiled by all the nice stuff Nvidia has software wise, and now I have a g-sync monitor to boot.

Even though I have a bad aftertaste from my HD 6950, I am not going to let it sway my reasoning and duty to min max the next gpu purchase I make.

Reactions: CubanLegend

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Looking forward to see a teardown of this card. The PCB doesn't look at tall as the 1080 mini! I think that's a great benefit to have as a tradeoff for a longer PCB. And the Arctic Storm version kills two birds with one stone, no need to wait for some third party waterblock maker to make something compatible. But as for adding a DVI port to both versions... why...

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
After thinking about it, I suspect the dual 8-pin is an error in the render. Because there's no reason for Zotac to go outside of the PCIe spec on a card that will be inherently power (due to limited space for the VRMs) and thermal-limited.

So it's almost certainly a 8-pin + 6-pin configuration like a stock 1080 Ti.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
After thinking about it, I suspect the dual 8-pin is an error in the render. Because there's no reason for Zotac to go outside of the PCIe spec on a card that will be inherently power (due to limited space for the VRMs) and thermal-limited.

So it's almost certainly a 8-pin + 6-pin configuration like a stock 1080 Ti.
Here's hoping you're right. :D

Reactions: jeshikat

WillBlackstone

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
Looking forward to see a teardown of this card. The PCB doesn't look at tall as the 1080 mini! I think that's a great benefit to have as a tradeoff for a longer PCB. And the Arctic Storm version kills two birds with one stone, no need to wait for some third party waterblock maker to make something compatible. But as for adding a DVI port to both versions... why...
I KNOW!! Especially the waterblock version. That just derails all my bifurication ideas unless i break out the dremel on a 750$ plus card..

Reactions: br3nd0