Production Z13 14.6L One-piece molded aluminum housing Powerful compatibility

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The spec seems to be still 61mm (=thickness of 3090 FE).
So, I suppose you can do the math of adding the thickness of a card and that of a fan.
Judging from the pics (of fitting a 3090 FE), it further seems that there is still a little room (perhaps <5mm) between the card and the bottom panel. One might be able to squeeze a couple mm more (but run a higher risk of having air turbulence noise due to narrower gap).

Reactions: coby

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
Hopefully will get an update soon. I've wanted to order one of these, but I'm waiting until they're produced and in stock, since I'm in the process of relocating and don't want to take the chance it will ship to the wrong address.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
We are about to start shipping, currently we can only ship part of the order (orders before July), the rest of the order is estimated to be shipped in April, the reason is that the surface of some shell is not so good when assembling, we will continue to ship after dealing with the problem.

In addition, the production of this product is too difficult, so we don't plan to continue production. If we have a better way in the future, we may continue production, but we don't have one at present.

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
We are about to start shipping, currently we can only ship part of the order (orders before July), the rest of the order is estimated to be shipped in April, the reason is that the surface of some shell is not so good when assembling, we will continue to ship after dealing with the problem.
If I were to place an order now, would that be filled in the April batch? Or is it too late?

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
I can't be sure right now, I don't think it's available.
That's a huge bummer. Would have liked to get one, been following this project since the beginning. Hopefully you can get the production issues ironed out and the Z13 will live again.

Hexxagram

Trash Compacter
Jul 8, 2018
that sucks. this is the closest thing we can get aside from the now discontinued NCASE. I hope there's still a bright future for this awesome looking ITX case.

fatherofkook

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 7, 2022
I too would like to throw in my interest in this case if there was to be a second batch! lovely case. Love the mq6 just wish it could fit a 3070 FE

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I wonder if it is a good idea to use some all-purpose putty/filler (eg Bondo) to make a repair?
It would be a good idea to get a metal refinisher (there are ones specifically for aluminum).

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Is there any sign of the shipping package being broken or taken apart? I did all the checks before shipping, and I would not send out such obvious problems.

I absolutely believe you shipped it out in perfect condition. What likely happened is there was a drop of some sort and it flaked. That happens A LOT with these aluminum style frames.

I'm probably going to try something artistic with it. Shave that spot down and into maybe a triangle shape, and then match it on the other side.

Reactions: rfarmer