Production Z13 14.6L One-piece molded aluminum housing Powerful compatibility

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
Really great design! Would love to also stick a rad under the gpu. Could we put one up top, or a odd shaped one in the rear?

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I love the design, cant wait your update. Also I hope you make own website so i dont need to pay fee for proxy service.
Thanks for liking my design! I'll be doing a development sample load next week and will update then.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Wonderful looking case, I always tell myself I'm done with buying cases and then I find something like this :)

What is the volume of the final design? Is it 14.2L ( 335*167*254) ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
with 3 PCIE slot and classic layout - mDTX should fit right? and even MATX boards if you rotate the PSU 90-degrees? that would draw a lot of interest tbh

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
with 3 PCIE slot and classic layout - mDTX should fit right? and even MATX boards if you rotate the PSU 90-degrees? that would draw a lot of interest tbh
My other design will use a matx motherboard, the Z13 will not rotate the power supply 90 degrees to support matx, one because the internal height of the case is not enough, and two because after the rotation can not install water cooling.

Reactions: thelaughingman

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I
Eagerly awaiting your MQ5 and MQ6 post in concepts :-)
Thanks, I already know some people want to see the mq5, I just finished shooting the samples and will post about the mq5 tomorrow.

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
I know you have multiple projects in the works but had a couple more questions abut the Z13:

1) Thanks for implementing the slim rad option on the bottom of the case! What will the total clearance be for the radiator+fans below the GPU?

2) What is the estimated delivery time if preordered through TaoBao? I realize that there are still lots of manufacturing delays across the board due to Covid, just looking for a possible time frame.

Love how the case is shaping up!

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I know you have multiple projects in the works but had a couple more questions abut the Z13:

1) Thanks for implementing the slim rad option on the bottom of the case! What will the total clearance be for the radiator+fans below the GPU?

2) What is the estimated delivery time if preordered through TaoBao? I realize that there are still lots of manufacturing delays across the board due to Covid, just looking for a possible time frame.

Love how the case is shaping up!
If you use a 40mm thick dual slot graphics card, there is still 26mm of space under the card, which you can calculate based on the data I provided.
Now you don't have to pre-order on Taobao, I'm building my website and after a while you can pre-order on my website.

Z13 is now in the crowdfunding stage, in fact, my plan is to pre-order enough to 50 units I will arrange production, recently I am ready to assemble the prototype, after the crowdfunding progress will be accelerated, I estimate that in October will be delivered.

Reactions: bigwhiteyeti

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Love it. Buying it. This will be on my desk.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
My order is in. If this case lives up to the renders, it will be worth every penny.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
I am taking a poll in China about whether to make the Z13 3mm wider.
After widening it to 14.4L, the width is 170mm, but in terms of graphics cards it will support 140mm high graphics cards, which will allow the Z13 to accommodate 95% of high performance graphics cards.
How do you feel about widening by 3mm? I would like to hear your opinion.

Reactions: Sziklapeti

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I am taking a poll in China about whether to make the Z13 3mm wider.
After widening it to 14.4L, the width is 170mm, but in terms of graphics cards it will support 140mm high graphics cards, which will allow the Z13 to accommodate 95% of high performance graphics cards.
How do you feel about widening by 3mm? I would like to hear your opinion.

This style case is about compatibility as much as it's about size. As GPUs are growing more and more, it would be wise to accommodate as many as possible. So my answer is yes to widening it.

I support a 3mm widening. Actually, I support a 5mm widening just to be on the safe side. I would suggest that if you make it wider, you also increase the height and depth by the same amount to retain the proportions.

I was looking at the NZXT X52/53 as my AIO for this case. The radiator height and width will work, but what about the length? The actual length is 275mm when you include the housing and hose fittings.

Radiator: 275 x 123 x 30mm

Reactions: thelaughingman

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
This style case is about compatibility as much as it's about size. As GPUs are growing more and more, it would be wise to accommodate as many as possible. So my answer is yes to widening it.

I support a 3mm widening. Actually, I support a 5mm widening just to be on the safe side. I would suggest that if you make it wider, you also increase the height and depth by the same amount to retain the proportions.

I was looking at the NZXT X52/53 as my AIO for this case. The radiator height and width will work, but what about the length? The actual length is 275mm when you include the housing and hose fittings.

Radiator: 275 x 123 x 30mm
Thanks for your answer, in fact most of them now support widening.
The size of the AIO is not a problem, the Z13 AIO is very compatible and can still be installed even if it is 285mm long.

Reactions: Revenant