Production Z13 14.6L One-piece molded aluminum housing Powerful compatibility

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020

2022/12/10​

First of all, We need to apologize.
In the last year, we had a big problem with our production.
Because the design was very difficult to produce, the yield rate was very low, about 20%, and most of the goods were scrapped, which caused us to have some orders not delivered on time at the end of last year.

Over the past year, I have spent a lot of time and effort revising the design and trying to re-produce it. We have revised many options and have now completed the design and expect to start shipping later this month.

Here are the updates on the Z13 design.​

1. The internal structure has been redesigned while retaining most of the exterior design.
2. The exterior is free of any screws, making the overall simpler and the installation process is made easier by heavily reducing the number of screws that need to be used during installation.
3. Optimized fan and hard drive compatibility with no change in length, width and height.
4. Price reduction

More details can be found in our latest product descriptions, or head over to our website.cooj.cc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

2021/9/3​

1.Production has already started.
2.A small amount of internal structure optimization.
3.Top cover switch design modification, adjusted from slide up to open to press down to open.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

2021/6/8​

Page update
1. Uploaded the installation shot picture of Z13 developer sample version.
2. Updated the product introduction image.

Design update
1. Added two 2.5" hard drive bays and two 3.5" hard drive bays. Updated a total of four 2.5" hard drive and two 2.5" hard drive can be installed.
2. Computer case size adjustment, width adjustment to 141mm.
3. Graphics card compatibility adjustment, now you can install 325mm (length) * 141mm (height) 61mm (thickness) of the top graphics cards.
4. CPU air-cooling radiator limit raised to 138mm or less.
5. Add external water cooling connection kit. (To be purchased separately)
6. At the bottom to add an easy to remove the dust screen.
7.Changed the size of the tail fan and hard drive bay fan.
8. Adjusted to 3 pcie hole positions.

2021/5/6​

My website is now live and you can now book or purchase through the website.
https://cooj.cc/

2021/4/14

Change of design
I modified part of the internal design and overall dimensions, and the following are the parameters determined after the modification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am glad to show the result of my work in the past long time here.

The most important feature of Z13 is the unibody shell, the internal structure is also unique and innovative, and it supports the mainstream 60mm thickness of graphics cards nowadays, and provides two cpu cooler installation options.

The following are the parameters of Z13:

Volume14.6L
Dimension340mm*255mm*170mm
Motherboardmini-itx
Power supplySFX
Air cooling138mm or less
Water cooling240mm*35mm thick
Graphics card size325mm*141mm*61mm
Hard drive4*2.5" hard drive
2*3.5" hard drive(When using air cooling)
WeightAbout 5kg
MaterialAluminum alloy

Now, let me show it!

1. The Z13 features a unibody housing design, which is achieved through an aluminum profile mold.

2. About the color I designed three colorways, which are silver, gray and black.
where the silver internal frame is silver.
Black and gray internal frame is black.

3. The z13 offers two types of radiator mounting
When using air-cooled radiator side panels.
Radiator height to be less than 138 mm.

When using the side panel of a water-cooled radiator.
A 240 cooling row can be installed with a thickness of less than 35mm.
(Water-cooled radiator side panels can be installed with air-cooled radiators up to 130mm in height)

4. The top cover is also made of aluminum.

5. When you want to install a split water cooling, you can choose to use 240 thin water cooling row at the bottom, or external water cooling.

If there is something you want to know, please leave a message.
Hope you will like it!

Development version sample picture​

1. The development version of the prototype has been modified many times after proof testing, some parts will have installation wear and color difference.
2. After several rounds of modifications in the design of the development sample, the size of the sample is 330(L)*255(H)*160(W), please refer to the above information for the official version.

Preview​

Hardware​

CPU R9 3900X
Motherboard ASUS B550I
PSU MSI A750GF
Graphics Card RTX2080S
CPU Air Cooler D9L
CPU water cooling cooler EK AIO240

One-piece molded aluminum housing​

Parts​

Parts Assembly​

Hardware Assembly​

Air cooling radiator and graphics card installation

Water cooling radiator installation

Full Show​

Last edited:

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020

CPU Temperature Test​

Test environment: room temperature 25°C
Test method. Test the temperature in two cases without housing/with housing installed respectively; test the temperature in two cases with water cooling/air cooling respectively.
Test time: 10 minutes per test single bake FPU

Fan strategy
CPU fan: CPU fan speed is set to 80% when the CPU temperature reaches 80°C; CPU fan speed is set to 100% when the CPU temperature reaches 90°C. Chassis fan: CPU fan speed is set to 60% when CPU temperature reaches 80°C; CPU fan speed is set to 80% when CPU temperature reaches 90°C.

Chassis Air Duct
Air-cooling mode: side air inlet, rear and top air outlet.
Water-cooling mode: side air outlet, rear and top air inlet.

CPU parameters​

CPU modelR9 3900X
Test Voltage1.2V
Test frequency4.1G
Test air cooling coolerNOCTUA D9L
Test water cooling coolerEK AIO240

Test results​

Air-cooled temperature,no housing installed.

Mounting housing, air-cooled temperature.

No housing installed, water cooling temperature.

Mounting housing, water cooling temperature.

CPU temperature test summary​

No housing installedMounting Housing
Air cooler-D9L85°C90°C
Water cooler-EK24074°C79°C

GPU temperature test​

Test environment: room temperature 25°C
Test method: Test the temperature without the shell installed / installed in two cases respectively.
Test time: 10 minutes per test Furmark.

No housing installed

Mounting Housing

GPU temperature test summary​

No housing installed-GPU Temperature68°C
Mounting Housing-Mounting Housing72°C

Last edited:
Reactions: iatacs19

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
really nice concept for the one-piece outer shell. I have some comments as follow:
  • Side mounting bracket: you'll need longer rails to allow user to slide the radiator / fans back and forth as much as they need for their build. refer to the M1/C4/NR200 side bracket
  • Bottom panel: you'll need fan mounting rails there too since people will want to install fans at the bottom for de-shroud graphic cards
  • At 330mm long, 280 radiator support should be considered?
  • Perforated vents: enlarge the area? as it is it doesn't look very breathable
  • PCIE slot: I think 2 is sufficient but others may still want the 3 slots, maybe you could make a poll later
  • What's with the top 2.5" SSD mount? It disrupts the symmetry and IMO not needed. There's a gap between the front of the internal frame and the shell right? That is a common spot for 2.5" SDD nowadays.
  • Looks like there's enough space for a rear fan mount next to the MB IO but there's no mounting support in the internal frame?
look forward to more updates from you!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Personal opinion here - I fail to see any symmetry with or without that top SSD mount anyway. If the creator can utilize that (otherwise wasted) space for drives mount, why not?

My question is more on.. why there seems to be a gap at the front side? Is it simply because you want to accommodate longer GPU?

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
really nice concept for the one-piece outer shell. I have some comments as follow:
  • Side mounting bracket: you'll need longer rails to allow user to slide the radiator / fans back and forth as much as they need for their build. refer to the M1/C4/NR200 side bracket
  • Bottom panel: you'll need fan mounting rails there too since people will want to install fans at the bottom for de-shroud graphic cards
  • At 330mm long, 280 radiator support should be considered?
  • Perforated vents: enlarge the area? as it is it doesn't look very breathable
  • PCIE slot: I think 2 is sufficient but others may still want the 3 slots, maybe you could make a poll later
  • What's with the top 2.5" SSD mount? It disrupts the symmetry and IMO not needed. There's a gap between the front of the internal frame and the shell right? That is a common spot for 2.5" SDD nowadays.
  • Looks like there's enough space for a rear fan mount next to the MB IO but there's no mounting support in the internal frame?
look forward to more updates from you!
Thank you for your advice
1. side mounting bracket I will be lengthened according to your suggestions
2. The bottom will increase the fan mounting holes, and can even install thinner water cooling
3. can not use 280 radiator, because it will conflict with the installation method and length and other internal hardware
4. I will test the air outlet after the completion of the sample, when the post will be updated, if the effect will not expand the air outlet

About the internal frame and the gap in front of the shell, where the 2.5 hard drive can not be installed, the reason is because of the way the shell is installed, see the following demonstration of the installation method
Because the motherboard's antenna interface and the top cover switch protrudes outward (Figure 1), so the shell needs to be installed backward offset (Figure 2), and then downward installed to a certain height and then forward offset, and
This is why there is a gap between the internal frame and the shell of the reason

IO next to where I was designed to have a 9cm fan position, and then felt redundant to remove, if needed can be added to, like the following picture

Reactions: thelaughingman

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Personal opinion here - I fail to see any symmetry with or without that top SSD mount anyway. If the creator can utilize that (otherwise wasted) space for drives mount, why not?

My question is more on.. why there seems to be a gap at the front side? Is it simply because you want to accommodate longer GPU?
You can read the reply I just made to the questioner upstairs, I answered the question about the gap between the shell and the frame.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

without that top SSD mount I can think of 2 possibilities - (1) shrink the case height for smaller volume (removing the top fan mount at the same time), or (2) push the PSU mounting location to the very top thus enable SFX-L support. maybe I'm just bias against all 2.5"/3.5" drives since my build is M.2 only 😁

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
without that top SSD mount I can think of 2 possibilities - (1) shrink the case height for smaller volume (removing the top fan mount at the same time), or (2) push the PSU mounting location to the very top thus enable SFX-L support. maybe I'm just bias against all 2.5"/3.5" drives since my build is M.2 only 😁
1. about the 2.5" hard drive can actually be installed underneath (as shown in the picture).

2. actually support SFX-L power supply, I want to add it to the post but I can't edit the post now.🥲

Reactions: thelaughingman

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
In addition, the power supply can not be moved up, so you will not be able to insert the power plug

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@COOJ thank you for the detailed writeup. the outer shell installation is quite elaborate, I thought it was a simple drop-down and that's it. looking forward to update when you've got the prototype on hand.

btw you cannot edit post since you are a new user, better contact a mod so they can edit it for you 👍

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Thank you for the explanation @COOJ .

I'm a proponent of cases that have the greatest possible hardware compatibility within their dimension boundary.

And yeah it's quite a unique way to put the cover. Previously I also thought it's just a simple lift or drop-down.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
One suggestion (so far):-
Extend the perforations of both side panels all the way down to match the exhaust of the display card (ie the yellow region). This is much more efficient for the card's exhaust to escape out of the chassis asap, instead of going up to the higher region of the chassis and then going through the CPU air cooler and then exhausting back via the rear.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
One suggestion (so far):-
Extend the perforations of both side panels all the way down to match the exhaust of the display card (ie the yellow region). This is much more efficient for the card's exhaust to escape out of the chassis asap, instead of going up to the higher region of the chassis and then going through the CPU air cooler and then exhausting back via the rear.

Fact this problem I have taken into account, please see the picture

The height of the cooling holes provided to the graphics card is about 40mm, which is basically enough

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
This case looks awesome, I love the clean unbroken look for the outer shell. Couple of questions:

Would it be possible to stuff a slim radiator under the GPU for watercooling (a la N-Case M1) and run a double-240 setup? I think this would be a huge boon to people who want to custom watercool in this case over just the standard 240 side rad.

Second, will it come in black?

Looking forward to seeing this take shape, looks great so far!

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
This case looks awesome, I love the clean unbroken look for the outer shell. Couple of questions:

Would it be possible to stuff a slim radiator under the GPU for watercooling (a la N-Case M1) and run a double-240 setup? I think this would be a huge boon to people who want to custom watercool in this case over just the standard 240 side rad.

Second, will it come in black?

Looking forward to seeing this take shape, looks great so far!
1. I have added the function of loading down the slim 240 water cooling at the bottom and will add a fan location at the back of the case, just haven't edited the post yet, I will do the update when I have time.

2. Currently prepared for the silver and gray, if the demand for a larger number of large probability will have black.

Reactions: bigwhiteyeti

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
I love the design, cant wait your update. Also I hope you make own website so i dont need to pay fee for proxy service.