Status
Not open for further replies.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
IMPORTANT (September 5): We are not associated with SFFTEC anymore, and we don't intend to sell another P50 batch. So for now, this thread should be focused on eventual reviews only.

Z-CASE P50 is an innovative console-style SFF PC case, manufactured by Jonsbo with premium materials. At 7.9L volume, it's really compact, while fitting the best available hardware with great airflow, flexibility and options.

Improvements from v1.0 to v1.1: Two tempered glass options (clear or dark), black USB cable, included feet and 2 sets of glass spacers per case, enhanced quality control, better accessories, increased warranty, and other small fixes

Video review, with thermal testing (Tek Everything)

Features:
High quality: 1.5/3mm anodized al., 4mm tempered glass, made by Jonsbo
Small/Portable: Only 7.9L volume, console-style, fits in most 15” backpacks
Powerful: Fits the best available SFF hardware, low noise, great airflow
Flexible/Innovative: Usable in horizontal or vertical positions, various colors to choose, many different hardware options
Widely tested: Hundreds of units shipped worldwide, developed since 2018, 5 prototype revisions, multiple reviews available online, shown at Computex
And more...

Specifications:
Version: 1.1
Dimension (external): 378mm(L) * 291mm(W) * 72mm(H)
7.9 liters volume
Motherboard: Mini ITX
Power Supply: Flex ATX (up to 600w)
Graphics card: Dual slot, up to 285mm length and 146mm width
2,5 slot open air GPU (with 1 set of glass spacers)
2,75 slot open air GPU (with 2 sets of glass spacers)
CPU cooler: up to 40mm height (without glass spacers)
up to 50mm height (1 set of glass spacers recommended)
up to 60mm height (2 sets of glass spacers recommended)
Storage: 5* 2,5” HDDs – 2* above the PSU (up to 15mm height)
3* below the GPU (up to 7mm height)
+ M.2 HDD
Fans: 2* 60mm (up to 25mm thickness)
Front panel: Premium power switch (16mm anti-vandal) + 2* USB 3.0
Materials: 1.5mm anodized aluminum (internal, painted black) + 3mm anod. al. (external, 3 color options) + 4mm tempered glass (clear or dark)
Colors: Red, Black, Silver

Weight: ~4200g (9.2lb)

What's included: Chassis, case stand, ADT PCIe cable, internal power cable extender, USB cable, power switch, screws, standoffs, glass spacers (16mm height – 2 sets), case feet

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Any way to rout the power cable to the bottom? PSU cords are thick and unruly to deal with.

Is this case only for exhaust type gpus?

Hello, thanks for the reply!

If we move power cable to bottom, we would have to enlarge the case a bit, as it won't fit in the current state.
About GPU, we think it can fit any type, as there is a lot distance available to the glass panel. But exhaust ones will probably work better, because of airflow. We will make extensive tests with different hardwares when the prototype arrives, I will let you guys know.

Cheers :)

Reactions: 1461748123

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
do you also think about sfx psu support?

Hi!
At first, not really, as it would make the visual and airflow of the case a bit worse.
I mean, if a lot of people have problem with Flex-ATX, we may change to SFX of course. But its not a priority now.
Do you think Flex is a bad choice? If so, why?

Cheers

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hi!
At first, not really, as it would make the visual and airflow of the case a bit worse.
I mean, if a lot of people have problem with Flex-ATX, we may change to SFX of course. But its not a priority now.
Do you think Flex is a bad choice? If so, why?

Cheers

Noise & pitch. FlexATX has server grade 40mm fans, cross that with the 60mm fans this may wind up a bit noisy on the models over 270W. (I find the 500W FSP model unusable it's so high pitched at load.)

I would also try to offset the 60mm fans 3~4mm from the vent pattern as you'll get blade cavitation with your airflow pattern for even more noise.

May be better to put the fans between the GPU and motherboard, and make the motherboard cavity a positive pressure chamber. The only other concern is the CPU heatsink fan looks a little starved by the tempered glass panel clearance and being in a negative pressure plenum, having the 60mm fans blow across it would address that.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Noise & pitch. FlexATX has server grade 40mm fans, cross that with the 60mm fans this may wind up a bit noisy on the models over 270W. (I find the 500W FSP model unusable it's so high pitched at load.)

I would also try to offset the 60mm fans 3~4mm from the vent pattern as you'll get blade cavitation with your airflow pattern for even more noise.

May be better to put the fans between the GPU and motherboard, and make the motherboard cavity a positive pressure chamber. The only other concern is the CPU heatsink fan looks a little starved by the tempered glass panel clearance and being in a negative pressure plenum, having the 60mm fans blow across it would address that.

Hi!
Ok, thanks for the tips, we will consider them. We just need to wait the prototypes to arrive, because we've already ordered them. We will test different configurations on those.
About the CPU cooler distance to the glass, we are aware that it might not work like this. But don't worry, it's not a huge problem, since we would just need to add vent holes on the glass to solve it. We may try 2 different glass panels on this first prototype anyway, to compare both possibilities (with and without vent holes).

Cheers!

Last edited:

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Beautiful case. Really, it is. I can definitely see the S4 Mini inspiration here.
I'm not a fan of the flat legs (base) on the side though. I understand that it's more for function, but a case like this deserves to be all about the aesthetics and that base don't flow as well as the rest of the case.

I'll definitely be a buyer if it goes on sale.

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Beautiful case. Really, it is. I can definitely see the S4 Mini inspiration here.
I'm not a fan of the flat legs on the side though. I understand that it's more for function, but a case like this deserves to be all about the aesthetics.

I'll definitely be a buyer if it goes on sale.

Wow, thanks for the feedback bro!
We are working really hard to make this a real product, so I'm glad you liked it.
We didn't give much thought on the base design, so if you have any sugestion, feel free to send an idea ;)
The only aspects we considered for the base were: being "clean looking" and not increasing the overall volume much (that's why it's flat).

Cheers!

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
I don't believe this case can install 148 mm height graphic card due power cable for 6/8 pin PCIE remember your card in render is 120 mm height. Also air vent hole is so big that animals like mouse can go inside. And I can see trouble with ventilation for graphic card.

Reactions: BernardoZ

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
I don't believe this case can install 148 mm height graphic card due power cable for 6/8 pin PCIE remember your card in render is 120 mm height. Also air vent hole is so big that animals like mouse can go inside. And I can see trouble with ventilation for graphic card.

Hello, thanks for the post.
Im almost sure the gpu height support is correct, but I will confirm with Kevin tomorrow. I just remember him saying that it can fit almost any taller graphic card available.
About air vent hole, you mean the front gap? If yes, we know that it might be a problem for some people, mainly because of dust. Even if there exists many "open air" cases out there, we may include a dust filter as an option, so dont worry.
At last, gpu airflow wont be problem, specially when using exhaust type ones, since the gpu fan is so close to the front gap hole. But we may also consider adding vent holes on glass for gpu, so we will be doing some tests for that.

Cheers

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hi all.

As stated on first post, we are "pre-revealing" these pics exclusively on SFFForum for a reason, so your feedback is being very helpfull! Thanks a lot for all replies.
Based on those, we think the main concern now is airflow/temps, so we decided making the following tests as soon as the prototypes arrive:

1. Case WITHOUT vent holes on the tempered glass:
a) With 60mm fans turned off (neutral pressure);
b) With 60mm fans pulling air out (negative pressure);
c) With 60mm fans pulling air in (positive pressure).

2. Case WITH vent holes on the tempered glass (both on CPU and GPU spots):
a), b) and c) options.

This way we will know for sure what is the best airflow configuration for the case. We will let you guys know!

About Flex-ATX PSU, would you guys consider a custom made one (with quieter fan, and maybe even modular)? The case would also support standard ones of course, but assuming most people probably don't own one, we would sell them separately on our website, or maybe even offer a "PSU Bundle" option. Kevin is from China, so he knows some very big modders there, I know that. Also, I'm sure it's possible to customize those psus with very good quality, as they exist already in Taobao and other stores. See some examples:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...XriCc&id=550586245256&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail
http://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/

Last, but not least, I will post some extra 3d model pics here later, to clarify all the dimensions clearances.
Any thoughts? Please, make a post.

Cheers!

Philairflow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 30, 2018
I like the design. It looks really nice.

What i dont like is the flex ATX supply. The ones I experienced were annoying in terms of noise emission. And they have this ugly cables. SFX would be better.

I am also worried about temperatures. Things might heat up here without more vent holes. I am excited for your tests.

But otherwise super good work!

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
I like the design. It looks really nice.

What i dont like is the flex ATX supply. The ones I experienced were annoying in terms of noise emission. And they have this ugly cables. SFX would be better.

I am also worried about temperatures. Things might heat up here without more vent holes. I am excited for your tests.

But otherwise super good work!

Thanks for the feedback bro. We know those things may be a problem, but only a proper prototype test will make us certain.
Btw, I've just seen your PROJECT VERTICAL, very nice work! Not really my taste, but I'm sure you will find some people interested in it.
Anyway, good luck to us, I appreciate the comment ;)

Cheers

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Great presentation and look forward to the prototype. Crediting inspiration is CLASSY and shows you are an enthusiast who wants to bring your flavor to established design.

I have lots and lots of questions but we can hash out on Skype.

Peace.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Great presentation and look forward to the prototype. Crediting inspiration is CLASSY and shows you are an enthusiast who wants to bring your flavor to established design.

I have lots and lots of questions but we can hash out on Skype.

Peace.

Hey Josh! Thanks for the comment bro.
You've been really helpful to us with all your advices, so we'll make sure to take all of them in consideration.
About the crediting, don't worry, that's the least i can do. Along with some other people, you've been a pioneer in this "SFF world", so I'm certain you have inspired many others like me.
We are pretty anxious for the prototype too, hope it all works out well and don't take too long, as we are working hard for it.

Cheers ;)

Reactions: seto and Phuncz

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017

Hello guys!
My name is Bernardo, founder of Z-CASES. For almost 6 months now, me and my friend Kevin have been working on a SFF PC Case project, that we aim to crowdfund in a few months.
We were considering to reveal the project only when we had the final prototype in hands, but decided posting it today, because we really need some outsiders opinions. Prototype is being manufactured right now, and is expected to be ready and revealed next month.
For now, we will be posting it exclusively on SFFForum, as it's the only forum I have some "experience" (I've been an active user here since 2016, with "buLL" profile), and I really trust this community.
So please leave a comment, your feedback is really important for us.
Make sure to follow our social media too if you want (we won't spam, only post important updates).

Have a great day!
First of all, I want to congratulate on a great design and for basically creating my dream case; a Lian Li PC-O5 without the bulk (and hopefully a lower price).

An issue I see, is that the "front" air intake (gap between glass a frame) might be too small. I got warned not to buy the PC-O5 a while back due to that having too poor air flow leading to overheating. And that case has perforated side panels, and room for dual 120 mm fans in the top (and 240 mm rad with the S-model).

I personally would like to see this case also utilizing a HDPLEX or G-Unique PSU, in order to keep it all slim, silent and minimalistic, compared to a FlexPSU with a whiney 40mm fan.

Finally, I hope this case will come in white and Lamborghini Orange (well, something close to that anyways. Xp)

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
First of all, I want to congratulate on a great design and for basically creating my dream case; a Lian Li PC-O5 without the bulk (and hopefully a lower price).

An issue I see, is that the "front" air intake (gap between glass a frame) might be too small. I got warned not to buy the PC-O5 a while back due to that having too poor air flow leading to overheating. And that case has perforated side panels, and room for dual 120 mm fans in the top (and 240 mm rad with the S-model).

I personally would like to see this case also utilizing a HDPLEX or G-Unique PSU, in order to keep it all slim, silent and minimalistic, compared to a FlexPSU with a whiney 40mm fan.

Finally, I hope this case will come in white and Lamborghini Orange (well, something close to that anyways. Xp)

Hi Mortis, thanks for the awesome feedback, really! This is the kind of comment that shows we are on the right path, and encourages us to work hard on it.
We have indeed been inspired by Lian Li PC-05, I'm glad you noticed it. I also find their price absurd, specially for such a big manufacturer like them, so we will try to keep our price in the 250$ range.
About the front gap hole, there is not much point on making it bigger, because the PSU would block it anyway.
But don't worry about the airflow, an easy and guaranteed fix for it would be just adding vent holes on the side panel. We are still studying other possibilities, because we think the case looks much cleaner with the "flat" tempered-glass, but we will probably just end up with this solution. As soon as we get the prototype in hands, we will make extensive temp tests to make sure.
Along with airflow, PSU is also a fix priority for us now, so we will work on it for sure. We considered HDPLEX, but they can only go up to 400w, while Flex can go up to 600w. We really feel this case deserves the absolute best hardware, so 400w probably wont be enough for a i7+1080ti or Ryzen7+Vega64 for example. So the first solution we will try for this is getting a Custom Flex-ATX, with quieter fans and maybe even modular, just like Geeek is planning to do (check: https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/ ). Kevin is from China, so he knows some very big modders there who can easily do this for a fair price. We will see how that works on the prototype, and if it's good, we will sell them separately on our website.
For last, orange was actually our 4th color choice after the 3 shown on the pics, so consider it a possibility! I'm not really sure about white, because I was looking at Zaber Sentry updates, and he claims it's really hard to get a perfect white finishing, so we'll see.
Sorry for the long post, hope all your doubts are clarified. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
PS: we might have an exciting update in a few days, so keep an eye ;)
Cheers!

Reactions: Phuncz

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Just a suggestion, but I think if you modified the Flex ATX mounting cage to take either a Flex ATX power supply or a pair of HDPlex 160W/300W AC-DC units you'd have a significantly more appealing unit. I was amongst the first to get my hands on the FSP 500W 80-Plus gold close to three years ago (after pretending I ran a serious PC development company to get a sample lol). It was so loud that I ended up just giving it away to iFreilicht who was super into Flex ATX at the time. Additionally I wouldn't even consider myself a sound Nazi like a lot of people here.

Along these same lines, I think one of the things you perhaps haven't considered in your design is that while the big gap in the front will be great for letting air in, it will also be awesome at letting noise out. I foresee the sound from the 40mm fan channeling through the Flex chassis and puking out right where the glass and metal are furthest apart. If you're using the case correctly with the glass facing you so you can see your 1500 dollar GTX 1070, odds are the fan noise will be reaching your ears virtually unobstructed.

I think the other thing to consider is allowing for a push/pull fan configuration whereby you can intake air with a 60mm fan in the bottom right corner and exhaust out the top, again using 60mm fans. The advantage here would be significant airflow across the motherboard and particularly the area around the heatsink. I think if you had this implemented properly you could have a max supported cooler height of 40ish mm and keep your tempered glass side panel intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.