Not open for further replies.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hello guys!

It's been 10 days since we revealed the case, and we've got enough feedback to solve most complains. Thank you all.
Bad news is, we will have to go back to design phase to add/improve some stuff. But I'm pretty sure you guys will like it.
New version will be revealed in 1-2 weeks, so keep an eye! You won't regret the wait ;)

Spoilers of what may come:
+AIO support!
+more fans
+new feature to the "psu holder"
+custom front IO
+implement a way I thought to solve the "flat tempered-glass" airflow issue (this will be very cool if it works!)
+more hardware support
+improved overall airflow
+wall mount
+some smaller tweaks

Can't promiss all of them will be added on the next update already, but expect at least some.

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
is there a way to lay this horizontal

Hey bro, thanks for the comment.
Yes, of course. If you check the first post, there is a whole pic talking about it ("POSITIONS" pic).
The feet (for horizontal use) are not represented on the renders, but if you notice, there are screw holes on the corners to easily attach them.

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: HeroXLazer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I hadn't said anything yet @BernardoZ but I wanted to comment on your case. Lot of the cases we see here are just remakes of existing cases, but yours is really unique. Hope your prototype tests go well and I wish you good luck with your case. I think it is a great looking design.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
I hadn't said anything yet @BernardoZ but I wanted to comment on your case. Lot of the cases we see here are just remakes of existing cases, but yours is really unique. Hope your prototype tests go well and I wish you good luck with your case. I think it is a great looking design.

Wow dude, thanks a lot for the kind comment, really. Makes me happy you liked it ;)

Btw, if you come back in a couple weeks, we will make a big update, with lots of improvements on the case. Can't wait to reveal them ;)

Cheers

Reactions: br3nd0

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hello guys, I have a question.

We are currently working on the next update, and one of the features we might add is the option to elevate the tempered glass, using different sets of screws.
I don't think I've ever seem this idea being implemented on any case (correct me if I'm wrong), and it would solve 2 of our problems at the same time:
1. Improve temps/airflow on CPU/GPU, while still being able to use a "flat" tempered-glass;
2. Increase CPU cooler height support, depending on the screw set chosen (flexibility).

The only downside of it I think is extra dust. But again, you can choose the screw set you want to use.
PS: airflow will still be ok when using the LOW position. The higher sets of screws only improve the usability.

Do you think this is a good idea? Here is a quick sketch:

Also, are there screws like these (or similar) to buy on the market? Or we will have to design them ourselves?
If there are, what is the name of them? (some links would be nice too).

Cheers

EDIT: the closest searching result I could find was "double shoulder screws". But still, no luck finding one exactly like this, so we may have to design it.
For now, I will call them "mini dumbbell-shaped screws" XD

Last edited:

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Hello guys, I have a question.

We are currently working on the next update, and one of the features we might add is the option to elevate the tempered glass, using different sets of screws.
I don't think I've ever seem this idea being implemented on any case (correct me if I'm wrong), and it would solve 2 of our problems at the same time:
1. Improve temps/airflow on CPU/GPU, while still being able to use a "flat" tempered-glass;
2. Increase CPU cooler height support, depending on the screw set chosen (flexibility).

The only downside of it I think is extra dust. But again, you can choose the screw set you want to use, so it would be just an add-on.
Do you think this is a good idea? Here is a quick sketch:

Also, are there screws like these (or similar) to buy on the market? Or we will have to design them ourselves?
If there are, what is the name of them? (some links would be nice too).

Cheers

Question back: Do you plan on having ANY OTHER AIR INTAKES apart from the gap between the glass and the front/rear panel? If not, the LOW-option is pretty much useless and a waste of R&D.

Also, since I have never worked with tempered glass I do not know how heavy it is, but as far as I know, glass is heavy. Will 4 thin screws be enough to hold up a glass panel? I do not know.

Reactions: BernardoZ

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Question back: Do you plan on having ANY OTHER AIR INTAKES apart from the gap between the glass and the front/rear panel? If not, the LOW-option is pretty much useless and a waste of R&D.

Also, since I have never worked with tempered glass I do not know how heavy it is, but as far as I know, glass is heavy. Will 4 thin screws be enough to hold up a glass panel? I do not know.

Hey Mortis!
Yes, case will have other intakes; one of them will be the "front gap hole" itself, which we will keep (so if the owner wants to use the case in LOW position, airflow will still be ok, just a bit worse). Also, we are adding vent holes on the back of the structure, and an extra 60mm fan on the top, I will show this on the next update.

About safety, we are not sure, we have to test it. Maybe some thick stainless-steel screw will do the job? I just wonder if this type of screw exists to buy, or if we will have to manufacture ourselves XD

Cheers

Last edited:

CageyBoat

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 26, 2018
Can’t wait to see the new version. I’m hoping for a SFX power supply (at least as an option). Keep up the hard work

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017
Can't you use small pillars to hold the glass like the Thermaltake Core P5/3/1? I think this looks way better than using just screws as standoffs.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Can’t wait to see the new version. I’m hoping for a SFX power supply (at least as an option). Keep up the hard work

Thanks man!
We got a bit delayed because of Chinese Holiday, but we will try to make an update next week :)

Can't you use small pillars to hold the glass like the Thermaltake Core P5/3/1? I think this looks way better than using just screws as standoffs.

Hey, appreciate the reply bro.
We actually gave up the idea of designing our own screws, like I was planning to on last post.
But we found a better and cheaper solution, similar to motherboard standoffs (thanks to @Kmpkt tip). This will work for now, since it's just for temp tests.
Sorry if I hadn't post any updates, Chinese Holiday really delayed us. I will show all the improvements as soon as we are done ;)

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey guys! Since we are still making improvents, let me ask you something:
If you plan to buy the case, is SFX psu support really indispensable to you? If so, WHY?

Cause here is the thing. We still think Flex-ATX is the best choice for our case, because of multiple reasons: airflow, cpu temps, upgradability (we will show this on next update), visual, etc.
Also, it might be a good thing for the SFF community if we try to finally push Flex-ATX to consumer market. It just feels so much smaller, because of its thickness and fan placement, which allow many new possibilities.

I know must of you will say: Flex-ATX is too loud. But I think I found the perfect solution for it!
I was talking to Enhance this week, and they will send us a sample of their new ENP7660.
That is a 600w 80+ Platinum, which we will be able to sell to our buyers for only ~$100, if our crowdfunding campaign is successful.
AND THE BEST THING ABOUT IT. Check the noise tests I got from their factory:

It seems like this PSU only starts getting loud from 480-600w wattage use! And those are factory reports, without any tweaks/customization on the psu, which may get it even quieter. Most buyers won't use more than 480w, so it will likely stay quiet in worst case scenario (we will make some tests ourselves when we get the sample).

What do you think? Please give your opinion, this is the only forum I've posted the project so far, so any feedback is very important ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Hey guys! Since we are still making improvents, let me ask you something:
If you plan to buy the case, is SFX psu support really indispensable to you? If so, WHY?

Cause here is the thing. We still think Flex-ATX is the best choice for our case, because of multiple reasons: airflow, cpu temps, upgradability (we will show this on next update), visual, etc.
Also, it might be a good thing for the SFF community if we try to finally push Flex-ATX to consumer market. It just feels so much smaller, because of its thickness and fan placement, which allow many new possibilities.

I know must of you will say: Flex-ATX is too loud. But I think I found the perfect solution for it!
I was talking to Enhance this week, and they will send us a sample of their new ENP7660.
That is a 600w 80+ Platinum, which we will be able to sell to our buyers for only ~$100, if our crowdfunding campaign is successful.
AND THE BEST THING ABOUT IT. Check the noise tests I got from their factory:

It seems like this PSU only starts getting loud from 480-600w wattage use! And those are factory reports, without any tweaks/customization on the psu, which may get it even quieter. Most buyers won't use more than 480w, so it will likely stay quiet in worst case scenario (we will make some tests ourselves when we get the sample).

What do you think? Please give your opinion, this is the only forum I've posted the project so far, so any feedback is very important ;)

Cheers
This is a little more expensive, but it's been modded for silence and custom cables.

http://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
This is a little more expensive, but it's been modded for silence and custom cables.

http://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/

Hey man :)
I know that, I contacted Geeek 2 weeks ago asking for a sample, but they refused it. We may buy their unit later to test.
I wonder if their change on the fan improved that noise graph even more. If it did, Enhance said they can customize for us on large order too.

Anyway, do most people really need SFX psu support, or this solution would be acceptable for you? XD

Last edited:

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I know that, I contacted Geeek 2 weeks ago asking for a sample, but they refused it. We may buy their unit later to test.
I wonder if their change on the fan improved that noise graph even more. If it did, Enhance said they can customize for us on large order too.

Anyway, do most people really need SFX psu support, or this solution would be acceptable for you? XD
I was designing a case with Flex-ATX support, but I realized that SFX-L would be better, but that was at the time of the FSP one, which was loud. The GEEEK one has custom cables so that's a plus, but you should test the silence of the stock and GEEEK one, and if both are too loud, then SFX (not -L, to save space) would be the better option.

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017

I don't think sfx support is needed but it is nice to have because of the lower cost and higher wattages of sfx/sfx-l psu's. This might depend on where you live, I live in the Netherlands and Flex-ATX psu's are almost impossible to find here and if you find one they are very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.