Stalled Z-CASE P50 v1.1: Innovative console-style SFF PC case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddytulips

Efficiency Noob
New User
Sep 4, 2019
Does anyone know whether or not the psu cable is suppose to just fit more or less perfectly through the cut out on the back of the case? Mine is too large despite being the correct rounded square to actually fit properly through the cut out and I've found no real way to mount it against the cutout with the screws supplied w/ the case. It's a problem I had from the beginning but overlooked it at the time. I also have very little idea how the power cables are supposed to route perfectly (not neatly but hidden) beneath the psu shroud. Have recently disassembled my build to fix these issues and figured I'd ask here

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
Just to show off what I've done to the Z-Case. This is probably the way it will stay for a while, with exception to some airflow control with thin clear plastic sheets that wont be seen.

Have a look:
Wow, is this a 7 inch LCD screen? Looks awesome, can you show us how you made it work? :eek:

chrimen

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2019
Just to show off what I've done to the Z-Case. This is probably the way it will stay for a while, with exception to some airflow control with thin clear plastic sheets that wont be seen.

Have a look:
That's exactly what I was thinking when i was thinking of making an acrylic panel. The diagonal vents. What are your temps like with these vents?
Looks sweet!!

chrimen

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2019

Have a look:
I was wondering how you did this, what tools you used and technique. I've been wanting something exactly like this for a while now.

Freddytulips

Efficiency Noob
New User
Sep 4, 2019
Does anyone know whether or not the psu cable is suppose to just fit more or less perfectly through the cut out on the back of the case? Mine is too large despite being the correct rounded square to actually fit properly through the cut out and I've found no real way to mount it against the cutout with the screws supplied w/ the case. It's a problem I had from the beginning but overlooked it at the time. I also have very little idea how the power cables are supposed to route perfectly (not neatly but hidden) beneath the psu shroud. Have recently disassembled my build to fix these issues and figured I'd ask here

disregard this, figured it all out ! :)

Reactions: Daniel.f2277

dacst

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 28, 2020
is anyone else having an issue with the psu shutting off the pc? everytime i try to run a game the pc shuts off. i know its the psu because i connected my 1200w psu to the system and everything ran fine. i have an 8700k (no overclock) and a 2080 ti (overclocked). shuts off when 2080 ti is at stock clocks as well.

dacst

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 28, 2020
What PSU? The enp-7660b from them?

@dacst
yeah, the custom one that they are currently selling and that came with the case with the first batch of case orders. if i play on 1080p its fine but once i go to 1440p/4k it shuts off. bummer because i was planning on using this as a "console" in my living room.

Reactions: Syncro

britsches

Chassis Packer
May 17, 2019
yeah, the custom one that they are currently selling and that came with the case with the first batch of case orders. if i play on 1080p its fine but once i go to 1440p/4k it shuts off. bummer because i was planning on using this as a "console" in my living room.
i think yours might be faulty. there is no way you pull that much power to trigger the overcurrentprotection - normally that is.

JDragon

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2018

Mine works fine with a 2080 Ti at 4k 98hz fwiw.

dacst

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 28, 2020
thanks guys. i see enhance offers a 1yr warranty. hopefully i can get an RMA on it.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
We've had ongoing issues with the user SFFTEC and unfulfilled orders. We are investigating the issue. In the mean time, buyer beware. I'll leave this thread open in the mean time to enable community tech support.

britsches

Chassis Packer
May 17, 2019
Can confirm, i had issues with my order as well, but at least i got one case delivered. Yet the wrong color.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Well i've got an Enhance PSU coming from him hopefully at some point, i've not chased it as naturally the planet is a bit messed up with regards to manufacturing and delivery at the moment so i'm happy to be patient.

I am hoping to get it at some point in 2020 though?

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
UPDATE
The Z-CASE P50 v1.1 batch is ready, and will be shipped in around 2 weeks.
It will have lots of improvements as you can see on the pictures, please check the 1st post for more info.
We still have very few units left that can be purchased here.
Let me know if any questions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.