News YESTON & LEADTEK low profile single slot GTX1650 cards with GDDR6 - first look and benchmark

some new low profile & single slot GTX1650 cards with 4GB of GDDR6 by YESTON / LEADTEK have shown up on TaoBao and I couldn't resist to check it out...

Having owned the ASL GTX 1650 "War Knife" before, I am quite impressed with that card. Despite being a bit shorter compared to the ASL - plus - packing GDDR6 instead of GDDR5 it runs a bit cooler and less noisy. Only disadvantage I found so far is that the fan won't go below 40% and the power consumption in idle seems a quite high with >30W if HWinfo can be trusted.

Summarizing my impressions...

+ probably the smallest GTX1650 you can buy right now
+ currently cheaper than the "ASL War Knife" (which is also up on sale again on JD and TaoBao)
+ comes with GDDR6
+ reasonable "loudness" under load (similar to my Noctua modded FLEX PSU)

- HWinfo reporting >30W power consumption in idle?!?
- fan does not stop in idle (but luckily it's not really noticeable)
- only available in China (TaoBao via Superbuy, etc...)

TaoBao link with some more info and price:

PS: LEADTEK sells the same card with their branding on Tmall, but much more expensive

Last edited:

bezout

Efficiency Noob
Aug 25, 2021
Looks great ! I like that the pick of IO, maybe wished the IO plate had vents though.

How long is the pcb ?

bezout

Efficiency Noob
Aug 25, 2021
Nevermind here it is, 147. Surprised with the 124mm width though, is this because of the not-lp bracket in the picture ?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Looks great ! I like that the pick of IO, maybe wished the IO plate had vents though.

How long is the pcb ?

Agreed, temps are actually fine the way it is but wouldn't have hurt to make a few vents in the IO shield.

The card is about 147 x 72mm, seems the 124mm showing on TaoBao is including the long IO bracket.

KepKe

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
Might just be a noob dreaming, but couldn't manufacturers use laptop cooling designs to make more single slot GPU? All the talk about their superior fin designs for laptop fans and then they use the old water wheels on GPUs... A 75W RTX 3070 Mobile could easy work in this 1 slot half height form factor and offer performance close to a 3060 desktop :/

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I think you're overestimating how good most laptop GPU cooling is, often times it's just power limited a tier or two lower in performance to not hit 99°C after 10 minutes. Also lower end graphics cards would end up with a drastically higher cost for the cooler. There's not much buying market for that niche, even though I would also like better and slimmer coolers.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
While I'm not so concerned about the coolers, I think it would be possible to offer a lot more powerful LP SS options if manufacturers would just put mobile GPUs on those cards. Some small manufacturers in China are actually doing this but only with some old chips that nobody wants (750M, 850M, etc...)

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
While I'm not so concerned about the coolers, I think it would be possible to offer a lot more powerful LP SS options if manufacturers would just put mobile GPUs on those cards. Some small manufacturers in China are actually doing this but only with some old chips that nobody wants (750M, 850M, etc...)
Shoot, the AMD 6500XT is a laptop GPU sold as a 1st party major-brand product. Ironically it's performance isn't gimped because of heat or power...instead by the gimped VRAM buffer and the ridiculous PCIEx4 interface, also the limits on encoding. It is so bad, that it only trades blows with half-decade old entry-level cards. But...it is a GPU that gives you a video output?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Shoot, the AMD 6500XT is a laptop GPU sold as a 1st party major-brand product. Ironically it's performance isn't gimped because of heat or power...instead by the gimped VRAM buffer and the ridiculous PCIEx4 interface, also the limits on encoding. It is so bad, that it only trades blows with half-decade old entry-level cards. But...it is a GPU that gives you a video output?

Speaking of AMD and 6500XT, I wonder how the upcoming W6400 will perform... 😅

Darkness

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 20, 2022
Any chance they will make or have a gddr5 version, it would be perfect for my dell 7010 sff.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Any chance they will make or have a gddr5 version, it would be perfect for my dell 7010 sff.

ASL makes one with GDDR5, but it's longer and more expensive...

Darkness

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 20, 2022
I'll trust a yeston gpu over asl, what's the different other than the size? The card looks a a rtx a2000 knockoff, but I would buy if it was a gddr5...

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I was told my dell 7010 sff can't take gddr6 gpu
That makes no sense.... The GPU core is the only thing that interacts with the gddr6. The dell 7010 would only see a "video output device," the memory interface on the card should not matter.

I do know that a real limitation on some of the Dell Optiplex systems is the power. Not every board is rated for 75w power draw on the PCIE slot.... some are out of spec and much lower.

On topic, this is a really neat find. The A2000, while better, is selling for 3 times this card (and needs 2 slots).

Mussa95

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 15, 2021
Is there another option to buy this card except Taobao? Couldnt find anything, only the Rx550 version on other websites...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Is there another option to buy this card except Taobao? Couldnt find anything, only the Rx550 version on other websites...

Afaik, there is no single slot & low profile GTX1650 which is available globally - they are very niche and rare. Ordering from China (TaoBao, JD, Tmall) is currently the only option I know of.

Reactions: Mussa95