Enclosure WIP 55mm High ITX/PIO Case 3D print + sheet

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
My Work in Progress 55mm H* PIO/ITX STL (* plus top and bottom sheet metal of 1.5mm-2.0mm). It is designed to be used with M3 round standoffs with 5mm OD; brass heat inserts may possibly work. The depth of my board is 190mm, so the sides are 195mm. The front is not final, I will need to make another piece to the front panel to get the Appx 245mm final width. The cutouts are designed to accept some 2mm expanded metal mesh panels epoxied in. The GPU side will be fully vented.

Build log: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/tight_corners-3d-printable-b610i-pio-and-gpu.19307/

Here are some pics of the 65mm high test print. This is an H610i-PIO board from JinWei (TaoBao) and the 4060 Low Profile.

Thingi verse thing 6447759

Last edited:

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Front panel finished printing, not a bad first attempt.

I should say I was inspired by the Revocase Small3.
But I don't have the facility to modify or build it. Would need PSU swapped for Low Profile GPU, and at least 10-15mm added to the size for the 190mm PIO board, not to mention change the lid for 2 vents in the proper location:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...x-case-optional-1-56l-thunderbolt-egpu.17105/

Last edited:

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
great project, looking forward to see the end result!

I really love those PIO boards, perfect to build some really tiny consoles...
I bought that case from you, still using it behind the TV with my H310C. Had an RX6400 in it for a while, but the lack of video decode started getting to me (its an HTPC, not gaming really, probably should go back to a Lenovo 920 Tiny). Went to a GT730.

At $100 the 610 is not really more expensive than a regular ITX board, also with the SO-DIMM it's a lot smaller.

Last edited:
Reactions: REVOCCASES

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Ideally if it works well I'd like to mill the panels out of something like this composite fascia board sample, it's pretty cheap: https://www.homedepot.com/p/NewTech...e-Decking-Board-Sample-US05-12-CH-S/305218616

Another mess up in my model. The button sticks out too far in the back and interferes with the Heatsink/Fan. I can either: mirror the model top/bottom after checking that it won't interfere moving it down there; center up the I/O; or flip the ports' location with the power button. it appears the USB jacks would not interfere if they changed spots. A lazy man might also install a recessed low profile Kailh brown for a power button 😆

Debating whether to do a center plate similar to the GPU side plate. It could also serve as a Motherboard only endplate. And possibly design a locating frame/drill template model that ties in the GPU side motherboard standoff holes and 3 standoffs in the PCIe slot area.

Last edited:

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Current front panel, fixed the 16mm button hole, it was interfering with the CPU Heatsink.

The case in front of the GPU will now be expanded mesh, both for cooling, and for simplicity in accommodating any size GPU you want.