Log "Tight_Corners" 3D printable JieWei H610i-PIO and GPU

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Build/Design Log (resources here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/wip-55mm-high-itx-pio-case-3d-print-sheet.19278/ )

Printable on 220mm build plate. Use sheet stock or Mesh panels for top and bottom. ( painted steel mesh 'Gutter guard' is available for $3-$5 in black or white from hardware store in 6"x36" lengths, roughly 2mm thickness. It may be possible to use for some panels with a little work.)

55-60mm Z height (55mm internal, ~60mm external depending on stock chosen).

Width 250mm(10"), Depth 200mm (8").

Parts I am using:
JinWei H610i-PIO https://www.jwipc.com/products/power-graphics-h610i-p/
55mm high round aluminum M3 Standoffs. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803337647492.html
Heat Set Brass inserts 3mm Amazon: B0CC4S7W1S
Gigabyte 4060 OC Low Profile
Dell/Alienware 240W brick.

Last edited:

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Notes:
300mm PCI-e power is still too long. I'll be crimping my own. The cheap 50CM "mining" ones would work with a big loop and some cable management.

I will be moving the screw holes on the right side of the front panel a bit to the left I think. May even just use a file for this prototype. Seems easier and makes more room for the CPU Cooler. Will be making the CPU side tighter because it is very tight between GPU and motherboard and it moved the front panel over. (this is also one of the largest USB 2.0 ports I have seen. There are many better options)

Exciting news, it looks like a Dell 240w (GAN?) may fit inside over the RAM. No idea yet if this is a good idea. It is also very dense, and will be quite heavy. XD

Last edited:

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
What motherboard is that 🤔

Jiewei JW H610I-P

Fairly reasonable honestly at around $100. I used Superbuy to get it from TaoBao, which is a bit of a process where you pay them to remove the CMOS battery so it will ship. The board itself was $78.16 and the shipping was around $24 (They wound up just wrapping the box in tape to ship it, so I got refunded $4, but I used that to tip the buying agent and shipping agent)

JLatte64

Cable Smoosher
Oct 6, 2023
Heya @milesvw !

I had the same idea as you, haha! I've been developing a concept for a chassis just like yours. 55mm internal, 200mm in length, with a PIO board and the 4060 LP.
Have you seen Mean Well's LOP-300 and LOP-200 series units? They might be the PSUs you're looking for! They are in 4x2 form factor.
The plan with my own chassis was to mount them over the RAM with a bracket.

If you're going 19V, MORNSUN has their LOF225-20B19 unit in the same form factor, though you may be cutting it close with the wattage - this is, however, the only 19V PSU in 4x2 form factor I could find after tons and tons of scouring.

Best of luck!! I'll be following this thread to see how it goes!

Last edited:
Reactions: milesvw

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Heya @milesvw !

Have you seen Mean Well's LOP-300 and LOP-200 series units? They might be the PSUs you're looking for! They are in 4x2 form factor.
The plan with my own chassis was to mount them over the RAM with a bracket.

If you're going 19V, MORNSUN has their LOF225-20B19 unit in the same form factor, though you may be cutting it close with the wattage - this is, however, the only 19V PSU in 4x2 form factor I could find after tons and tons of scouring.

I looked around, but the Dell/Alienware GaN HA240PM200 is 240w with no fan, and it's only $31 shipped (https://www.ebay.com/itm/296173522209 ) , can't really beat that, and I tried.

The H610 does not support 12v as far as I can tell, only 19v.

Reactions: JLatte64

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
The AXP90 is a great cooler, however the backplate is quite heavy, making it less portable/wearable. Added to that is a very thick CPU socket backplate. (Now that I'm thinking about it, it makes sense with the spring loaded retention mechanism, but I'm using a contact frame).

Enter something I found in my junk pile, a dead 12th gen HP "Reno" motherboard.

The integrated backplate uses the 115x pattern* same as the JW H610i-PIO so it is really quite the find. It seems to be lighter because it uses a folded design to add strength. I assume I may need to cut off the threaded posts and drill them a little for clearance. And double check the arms don't hit anything on the motherboard.

* HP has done this for years, the AMD boards have always used the Intel LGA pattern. It makes a lot of sense because they use the same heatsink across all systems, now including LGA1200 and 1700, and probably AM5. I would guess they can set the Z height with the threaded posts in the backplate.

Last edited:

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Plot twist: rescued this https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...-tipio1-1-9l-thin-itx-pio-console-case.16711/ from behind the TV and guess what, it 'fits':

I have clearanced the ports after this, I only lost 2 USB (I have an F SKU, so won't miss HDMI)

*And yes, the case is literally under the plastic fan shroud, but it fits!

Help! what blower style fan might work on an AXP90 36 or 47? or another low profile that might work with the lousy clearance?

Last edited:

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
I will probably keep re-design my case for the Jubo H310c. Ironically I started this case because I thought the TIPIO1 wouldn't fit my 170mm x 190mm H610.

But now that the H610 does fit, the 170mm² H310 will benefit from a possibly tighter case 😂

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Something shiny came: a "0.05CM" riser https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802545196290.html

Since its a double 180° I measured the true card offset at 30mm. The next option is "0.1CM", so I would presume that gets you an 80mm offset?

My thinking works like this. If I need a bigger Heatsink/Fan on the CPU anyway, why not move the GPU in/up as well and enjoy perhaps a full height card? Or at least a reduced width on my case.

• Love
Reactions: nerdbit

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2022
Obviously the ideal would be a 180° on the female end only, then the other end could fold anywhere and make any offset needed.

Reactions: nerdbit