Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

Koxx5D

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 26, 2020
The spacer you need // spacer we will be sending out, will have the following measurements:

• Inside Diameter: 4.34mm (0.171 inch) (Acceptable range: 4.25 - 4.5mm)
  • Outside Diameter: 6.35mm (0.25 inch) (Acceptable range: 5.5 - 7.5mm)
  • Length: 6.35mm (0.25 inch) (Acceptable Range: 6.25-6.45)
Acceptable Ranges are noted to make it easier to source metric spacers, as much of the mITX / ATX specification is written in Imperial standards, forcing our horrible unit system on the rest of you. o__o

This will perfectly match the length of the standoffs (which are 6.35mm as the mITX / ATX specifications dictate) on the spine. You will need 4 of these for the motherboard side if you have this issue.

We will be including 4 of these with every single case that has an affected central spine (All of the Kickstarter Batch). If your case has already shipped and you have this issue, please reach out to us and we will get you some of these. If you don't have this issue, currently, but upgrade to a new motherboard in the future, and then have this issue, reach out to us at that time. 10 year warranty isn't just for show. :)

Note: measurements are in the image below are using the Imperial System (inches) (Not SI, which is EXTREMELY annoying)

Thank you, as always with you, it is perfect.

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
@WinterCharm
Will you be planning to make extended version of Winterone in the future? Extending it by 8cm to fit 2x360 rads would vastly improve gpu compatibility and provide additional space for a pump. It would still be SFF(just below 20l), and I am sure there would be a demand for it.

The only problem i have with your case currently is lack of space for a pump with a long GPU. This would solve this once and for all :)

Last edited:

Post-Newt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 12, 2020
anyone trying to cram a d5 in here, here's my suggestion:

the res is temporary - remove it after a day or so of running.

and dont laugh at all my parts... ive been waiting for this case way too long. 🤣
So far the heatkiller D5 appears to be the winner when it comes to a non-custom D5 solution fitting in this case without mods. The real-estate is more limited for tubing coming out the sides of the pump than I realized so the top inlet/discharge of that heatkiller block are critical. Curious if anyone else has figured out an alternative D5 solution.

On a side note: Don't count on any EKWB D5 products fitting in this case. The standard EK D5 mount has a slightly larger bolt pattern than the pump bracket.

Edit: This aquacomputer top might also work.

Last edited:

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
@WinterCharm
Will you be planning to make extended version of Winterone in the future? Extending it by 8cm to fit 2x360 rads would vastly improve gpu compatibility and provide additional space for a pump. It would still be SFF(just below 20l), and I am sure there would be a demand for it.

The only problem i have with your case currently is lack of space for a pump with a long GPU. This would solve this once and for all :)
360mm radiators are unlikely to be supported as the 280’s offer as much surface area for cooling, as well as increasing costs due to smaller volumes of side/top panels.

Past that, the machines used to make the case can’t actually handle anything larger than what’s being made!

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
@WinterCharm

With a long GPU there is still enough space to comfortably fit a DDC or MCP50X pump under the card. Furthermore, as stated by Qzrx we basically pushed our supply chains capabilities to the limit when expanding the case for 3090FE support.

Going any larger on part compatibility will require carving rectangles into the front/rear panels, and upsizing the case will push cost to astronomical levels.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
So far the heatkiller D5 appears to be the winner when it comes to a non-custom D5 solution fitting in this case without mods. The real-estate is more limited for tubing coming out the sides of the pump than I realized so the top inlet/discharge of that heatkiller block are critical. Curious if anyone else has figured out an alternative D5 solution.

On a side note: Don't count on any EKWB D5 products fitting in this case. The standard EK D5 mount has a slightly larger bolt pattern than the pump bracket.

I *think* that AC adapter is too thick. The HK part is your best bet, and d5 next will not fit with it.

Koxx5D

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 26, 2020

I don't know yet which pump I'm going to mount, but I bought a D5 and a DDC. For the D5, I bought the top from Singularity computer, for the DDC, it will be the AD II or I will install it alone with a mini tank. In any case, I will fill the circuit with an external low cost 12V pump.

But everything can still change when I receive the W1. :)

Reactions: mxj1

doot4runner

Caliper Novice
Jan 22, 2020
I don't know yet which pump I'm going to mount, but I bought a D5 and a DDC. For the D5, I bought the top from Singularity computer, for the DDC, it will be the AD II or I will install it alone with a mini tank. In any case, I will fill the circuit with an external low cost 12V pump.

But everything can still change when I receive the W1. :)
I have a few different options that I am going to explore for a pump, but yeah, should have waited to buy stuff til I had the case in hand...... :)

bomaaye

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2020
anyone trying to cram a d5 in here, here's my suggestion:

the res is temporary - remove it after a day or so of running.

and dont laugh at all my parts... ive been waiting for this case way too long. 🤣
I see QDCs there, any plans for use within the loop, or are they temporary?

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Can the spacers be sent as standard for the rest of the shipments of the first batch?

It will save time(and money) for international buyers I would guess.

Yes. It's also overall a better experience for everyone. That is already the plan, as discussed here:

We will be including 4 of these with every single case that has an affected central spine (All of the Kickstarter Batch). If your case has already shipped and you have this issue, please reach out to us and we will get you some of these. If you don't have this issue, currently, but upgrade to a new motherboard in the future, and then have this issue, reach out to us at that time. 10 year warranty isn't just for show. :)

Just to double confirm IF your case has not shipped yet, we're including the Nylon spacers by default, for *everyone*. This is not expected to delay shipping, we're still doing QC for the panels that came in, and the spacers arrive tomorrow.

I'll be making a proper announcement with this weekend's Kickstarter Update, so everyone is on the same page. :)

Also LTT is already aware of the issue and the incoming fix.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
As good as it looks, it'll be hard removing the optimus for this, but I'm hoping doing so will get some data for other users. It's definitely got a cool factor to it though. Thanks again for making that happen.