Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
how will the posters ship? Tube boxes or folded into Winter One box?
They are packed flat inside the Winter One box :) We made them 9 x 13 to ensure they could be shipped flat inside the box. SFF case, SFF poster ;)

But when you hold one, you'll see that we took a large poster, and upped the quality just as much as we shrunk the poster itself :D

That's awesome! Congrats!

I don't do discord, would you mind trying to cross post some of these major-type announcements here too? Thanks

Of Course! I'll be sure to drop those types of updates here, more often, as well.

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Update #18 is Live!

Batch 1 has started shipping!!! 🎉

Quick Summary​

• 26 Batch 1 cases have shipped. Some people are getting cases as early as tomorrow!
  • Another Shipment of Side Panels arrived today.
  • We ran into issues with pre-paid VAT, and cannot offer it at this time. We’ll be working on integrating it into our system in the future, but it's currently causing havoc in our invoicing system.
  • Revision 8 of the user manual is now out.

Batch 1 Shipments​

• If your case has shipped, will have gotten a receipt via email, that contains tracking information, as well as any notes, your case serial number, and the list of options you used.
  • Please be careful removing the power button from the packaging. (don’t yank it by the cord, pull the button out directly by the body / switch).
  • We’d love to see your impressions / live reactions as you unbox your cases :) please send them our way!
  • For your safety, everyone who packed cases tested negative for COVID within the last week (PCR tests). Additionally, parts were cleaned with isopropyl and everyone was masked during the packing process.

QC Update​

• 2920 / 3085 parts have arrived. (95% completion!)
  • A Shipment of side panels just arrived today. They will be QC'd and we will pack and ship additional cases this week.

Website Update​

• We’ll be updating the website with a community page soon, where we will be sharing some of your builds.
  • Please send in pictures / videos if you’d like to be featured there! :)
  • We made more progress on Stripe integration, to prepare the way for Batch 2.
  • There may be a little bit of downtime this week, as we update systems in the background, but we'll try to keep the site up as much as possible, so access to the manual isn't interrupted.

Manual Update​

Winter One Manual v1.2 Revision 8 is out. You can download it from HERE

• More updates and clarity on cord length for custom cabling
  • More tool tips added to clarify parts of the manual
  • Manual is finished, save for small corrections we may apply in the future

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
I'm thinking we fold down the second row, and this thing becomes the official transport vehicle... I bet he could fit every single pre order in there. lol

My wife has an odyssey and we've put all kinds of stuff in there with the seats folded down.

ckrueger99

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2020
I'm thinking we fold down the second row, and this thing becomes the official transport vehicle... I bet he could fit every single pre order in there. lol

My wife has an odyssey and we've put all kinds of stuff in there with the seats folded down.
I hope he's got the V-6 and deluxe disc brakes, because that puppy is going to be HEAVY.

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
my only other experience with a riser cable is with the steck.

This riser cable has a perfect fit. color me impressed.
The amount of attention to detail in the beta units is pretty surprising, but then @WinterCharm went and took literally every single piece of feedback, no matter how minute, and fixed it.

That riser cable? Shortened by 1cm from the beta version so it’ll be nice and snug :)