Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

ta22175

Cable Smoosher
Jun 25, 2020
What version of the case is shipping? I placed my order during the first batch. I haven't been able to keep up with updates here due to real life stuff so I am not sure what has changed.
v1.1 is what you would have ordered. v2.0 is still in design phase.

Edit: like others, I didn't even realize this was the winter one thread. my answer applies to the formd t1, hope that question is about the formd t1 as well :D

Last edited:

Mikecom32

Chassis Packer
Oct 27, 2020
Dan A4 has the 3M Riser that is Gen4 compatible
I'd honestly much prefer it ship with a Gen4 cable. I've heard some annoying things about using Gen3 risers with Gen4 cards. Sounds like if you update the bios or otherwise reset the bios settings, you end up needing to either plug in a Gen3 card or remove the riser and plug the card directly into the board to be able to get back into the bios to turn the CSM back on.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I'd honestly much prefer it ship with a Gen4 cable. I've heard some annoying things about using Gen3 risers with Gen4 cards. Sounds like if you update the bios or otherwise reset the bios settings, you end up needing to either plug in a Gen3 card or remove the riser and plug the card directly into the board to be able to get back into the bios to turn the CSM back on.
yep, this is the case if you are on the latest generation of hardware CPU-Motherboard Chipset-GPU and use a Gen3 risers. It gets to a point that you wonder why pay more for all the troubles.

this gives me even more appreciation to Dan's foresight into including the 3M riser with the A4 in the first place. and now even Wahaha, after staunchly rebuffed so many Gen4 riser requests for the T1, is re-designing the case to support classic layout to getaway from this riser mess.

hopefully @WinterCharm can include the 3M riser without any price increase or provide it as an 'upgrade' option to backers. I'm not a backer myself but personally I think it warrants a thinking

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
It’s been stated earlier, but there’s basically zero gen4 risers on the market that will work across all GPU/motherboard combinations. Some on the horizon, sure, but they’re also solidly north of $100 a pop and whether they will actually _work_ is a total question mark right now. Better to use a gen3 riser that is known to work than a gen4 that will drive up costs significantly and potentially cause major issues In folks’ builds.