Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

G23 Mr Gimp

Caliper Novice
Bronze Supporter
Sep 14, 2020
Although a bit of a disappointment simply as I'm extremely nervous about shipping to the UK (it's already an absolute disaster thanks to ports being completely swamped, then we have the looming prospect of actually leaving the EU without a deal thanks to years of government incompetence, now that's further hindered by the fact that we seem to have a super virulent new strain of Covid breaking out in dense population centres, coupled with it being Christmas and having a seemingly room temperature IQ general populace) I think it's mainly that old hideous fear of missing out!

I continue to be incredibly impressed by your complete transparency and the fact you're striving to deliver the very best product you can, so can echo the sentiment that I'm sure everything will be worth the wait though!

crackerlegs

Trash Compacter
Sep 19, 2020
Halooo,

A GPU question. How are the blow through (ampere FE) looking for this case? I'm keen on getting the Fe and slapping the fabled spk on it in the future. Seems silly to buy an Aib card when I'm going to have custom cooling anyway and their performance increase seems negligible.

Sorry about the delays - you're handling it like a champ and I doubt anyone here is going to be too miffed.

Reactions: WinterCharm

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Halooo,

A GPU question. How are the blow through (ampere FE) looking for this case? I'm keen on getting the Fe and slapping the fabled spk on it in the future. Seems silly to buy an Aib card when I'm going to have custom cooling anyway and their performance increase seems negligible.

Sorry about the delays - you're handling it like a champ and I doubt anyone here is going to be too miffed.

The PSU layout in this case provides ample room for the pass-through cooling of the FE card (and other cards like it).

G23 Mr Gimp

Caliper Novice
Bronze Supporter
Sep 14, 2020
I've just managed to snag a 3080 FE, 2 x of the 280 GTS rads and a 5900x this week, and was worried about the 3080 slightly as performance in my Ghost S1 isn't exactly stellar thermally. Excited to know it'll be ok on air in the Winter One even if there are any stock issues when trying to build my loop further down the line!

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
What’s your expected shipping durations once batches are complete? Have you decided on carrier and service?

Carrier for these shipments will be UPS / FedEx We could user cheaper "standard" carriers, but I've found that proper / dedicated Carriers are often much better about delivery times and have lower rates of shipping issues (no carrier is perfect, but some have better service than others). I created a custom shipping table, and inked deals with them for various regions, slightly subsidized the shipping costs, and passed those savings onto all of you.

Yes, shipping isn't the cheapest, but these shipments are also insured properly, and should not have major delivery issues that you can sometimes get if you go with local mail carriers and such.

What is the thickness of the panels?

2.5 mm for the side panels. They're the thinnest. Top / Bottom are 2.5-5.0 mm (structural reasons) Front / Rear are 5.0 to 7.5 mm. They're quite hefty.

Reactions: Koxx5D and Goatee

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
@WinterCharm when can we expect some photos of the WinterOne V12 Black? I was hoping they gonna be in this update. Didn't you receive the validation unit yet?

Some parts of it have arrived. I'm waiting the last set of parts, due to the delays in metal verification at those lines. I'm disappointed, too because I was hoping to create a build video, and show pictures of v12.

Next Update, we'll go into a deep dive on v12, even if those parts have not arrived yet (I'll set up some renders instead). I hope to do an instructional build video as soon we have the complete validation prototype.

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Will the black be available in any quantity for batch 2?
Batch 2 will be silver only. Right now we don't have the order volume to do multiple colors per batch, so we've decided to alternate colors. Batch 3 will be the next batch in Black.

dotnetapp

Chassis Packer
Sep 25, 2019
Batch 2 will be silver only. Right now we don't have the order volume to do multiple colors per batch, so we've decided to alternate colors. Batch 3 will be the next batch in Black.
Now that Batch 1 will be delayed to late January how much further will be Batch 2 delayed?(just guess it :p )
Also will be Batch 2 the same revision as Batch 1? (v12)

crackerlegs

Trash Compacter
Sep 19, 2020
I've just managed to snag a 3080 FE, 2 x of the 280 GTS rads and a 5900x this week, and was worried about the 3080 slightly as performance in my Ghost S1 isn't exactly stellar thermally. Excited to know it'll be ok on air in the Winter One even if there are any stock issues when trying to build my loop further down the line!
O ma days, how did you secure the 3080 FE?

I'm hoping scan will have a batch to grab in the new year. I'm sitting on the stock drop discord atm.

Looking forward to seeing your build!

G23 Mr Gimp

Caliper Novice
Bronze Supporter
Sep 14, 2020
O ma days, how did you secure the 3080 FE?

I'm hoping scan will have a batch to grab in the new year. I'm sitting on the stock drop discord atm.

Looking forward to seeing your build!
As soon as the DE and FR drops came in I logged into Scan to get the Captcha out of the way, and then waited for 14:30 to roll along in the hope that the links on the nVidia page went up.
I've never so fervently hammered a keyboard before when putting my payment details in!

Koxx5D

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 26, 2020
As soon as the DE and FR drops came in I logged into Scan to get the Captcha out of the way, and then waited for 14:30 to roll along in the hope that the links on the nVidia page went up.
I've never so fervently hammered a keyboard before when putting my payment details in!
I did the same thing here (Fr), but I finally received my card.

On the other hand, impossible to find a quadro in EU. :mad:
I ordered a new WB / CPU made in France. In theory, it should be efficient ... I will wait to have the Winter One before ordering a pump (DDC or D5).

crackerlegs

Trash Compacter
Sep 19, 2020

I just missed them this morning too. My fault for sleeping in past 10:00 am - I'll get one eventually!

I also just watched the GN FE 3080 tear down and it looks like it'll be a good card to add waterblocks/SPK too.

Arviel

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2020
So I happened to get my hands on a 3090 strix. Any chance it could squeeze in? Dimension are 318mm vs the case's 315mm GPU clearance. If not I can just return it and get the tuf version which is shorter.