Will it fit? Noctua U9S and Asus X570-I Gaming

jaz

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

my Nacase M1 will arrive very soon and i just asking to myself, if the Noctua U9S with a double fan configuration will fit on the ASUS X570-I Gaming motherboard. There is this big chipset cooler at the IO panel on the left side, which might cause clearance issues. Maybe there are other recommendations for a air cooling solution at this motherboard. The CPU would be a 3700X.

What do you guys think of it?

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
We were talking about this in the Lone L5 thread. While I'll can't say if the U9S will fit, I'm planning on using an L9x65. I would of suggested using the Cryorig C7, but there is a plate on the rear of the board which would block the cpu cooler bracket. If you go with the Cyrorig C7, use J-Hack's 45 Degree bracket.

Here are some more images of the board if that helps: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/amd-x570-itx-motherboards.10310/post-165385

raymondzzd

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2019
I use C14S and it fits fine. The heat pipe is 0.5cm away from the IO shield and VRM fan.

My guess is U9S will fit too. I do recommand C14S, bigger is better?

Reactions: knewt

jaz

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 16, 2019
The Noctua U9S will fit with 2 fans. I've put the second fan slightly higher to gain more space between the Noctua and VRM motherboard fan.

Reactions: raymondzzd

quietriv

What's an ITX?
Dec 19, 2019
The Noctua U9S will fit with 2 fans. I've put the second fan slightly higher to gain more space between the Noctua and VRM motherboard fan.
Now that you have it installed, what temps are you getting on your 3700x? I'm planning on getting the same Motherboard & CPU and wanted to know if a U9S would be enough to do some light to moderate overclocking.

mika

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2019
I use C14S and it fits fine. The heat pipe is 0.5cm away from the IO shield and VRM fan.

My guess is U9S will fit too. I do recommand C14S, bigger is better?

Yep, just completed the same build with X570-I Gaming and NH-C14S.
It fits well, even leaving enough room for 25mm NF-A9 PWM on the back plate.
And for double 15mm NF-A12x15 PWM mounted with fan bracket on the side panel.

Reactions: raymondzzd