Advise for air cooling in case

Baygonvert

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Mar 28, 2021
Hello everyone

I am building my first ITX case in the Ncase M1.
I have :
- Asus B550 I gaming
- Ryzen 5600x
- GTX 1050

I still have to buy everything for the air cooling. What is your advice ?

Should I go for Noctua L12S or U9S or something else ?
What other fan should I buy ?
I want to be as quiet as possible.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Joe1963

Efficiency Noob
Mar 11, 2021
Hey,
been doing some research in to this as well.

from the research I’ve done - the Noctua NH-C14s seems to be the best solution, either with with stock 140’m attached and the sfx psu rotated 90 degrees, or with a 120mm fan attached and the psu in its default position.

hope that helps!

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
I ran a U9S on a 5600X with -20 negative offset in PBO with great results (quiet fan curve), if you want to avoid the annoying install of the C14S. Exact setup is a U9S single push fan with an exhaust 92mm on the back of the case.

LordNothing

Chassis Packer
Oct 1, 2021
i had fitment issues with the Noctua NH-C14s when using the included am4 kit with my 5800x on an MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI mobo. the cooler would protrude from the top of the case by a few mm. good thing the top panel comes off. i had to 3d print me some custom retention mechanisms to space out the top panel. unfortunately its no longer flush with the case and it looks kind of weird. i was thinking of ordering me a laser cut acrylic piece to fill the gap which i can light from the inside for cool effect. or i might just switch to a different cooler or an aio, whichever approach is cheaper.

LordNothing

Chassis Packer
Oct 1, 2021
I ran a U9S on a 5600X with -20 negative offset in PBO with great results (quiet fan curve), if you want to avoid the annoying install of the C14S. Exact setup is a U9S single push fan with an exhaust 92mm on the back of the case.
did this cooler block the slots for the side case fans? i got a couple slim fans. i actually have 4 in total but i may have to remove the bottom ones to fit a video card. im still trying to get a 3070, but many have huge coolers that just wont fit. i had an otb to buy a 3 slot card but it was too big in almost every dimension. anyway id hate to have to strip out all my case fans to get everything else to fit.