Discussion What's the smallest case to support 240mm max graphics cards

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
So I'm planning on getting in early on a Zotac RTX 3070 twin edge and while I'm likely to just keep using my FormD T1, I was wondering what some of the most compact case options were that support 240mm GPU's?

I tend to enjoy thinking up theoretical systems and was interested in what the options were.

Reactions: Acalanata

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Interesting - I'm sure there's something in the 4l area but maybe it hasn't been done haha
Well technically the Velka 5 V2 just sneaks into the 4L range at 4.94L ?

Unfortunately because of packaging constraints a 240mm GPU doesn't really save much if any space over a full size 260-270mm GPU. You really need to drop down to an ITX size GPU to get close to or sub 4L.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Well technically the Velka 5 V2 just sneaks into the 4L range at 4.94L ?

Unfortunately because of packaging constraints a 240mm GPU doesn't really save much if any space over a full size 260-270mm GPU. You really need to drop down to an ITX size GPU to get close to or sub 4L.
Yeah that's true - part of me was wondering if there'd be a use case for mounting the Flex ATX PSU on its side under the motherboard to limit GPU length but grant greater CPU cooler clearance and potentially some slim 120mm case fans. Like a shorter and fatter Velka 5 haha