Other What's on Taobao

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
Is there any info/actual pictures of the Acat X2 anywhere?

This case is the most interesting to me since the FormdT1 yet there's no info on it.

I've been hunting for a case that can handle both a 3090FE and a 280mm AIO under 15L for a while, was going to get the Akkla A4V2 but build quality seems really subpar, panels are not looking to align well and don't seem to fit securely. The X2 would be perfect, it looks like an evolution of the M1 (slightly bigger but that space is used extremely well).

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
Haven't seen people talking about this Acat X2 case:
It's currently accepting pre-order, and based on my conversation with the business owner, the case will be shipped in 20 days.
It seems to be a Ncase m1 configuration + Ghost s1 appearance. I also heard that the quality will be similar to Formula X1 (meaning better than Acat X1).

Man - really nice find, thanks for that! Huge fan of the combination of M1 layout and Ghost looks. And, mATX compatibility too... But what's the volume on that? Must be around 15L, at least...?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Man - really nice find, thanks for that! Huge fan of the combination of M1 layout and Ghost looks. And, mATX compatibility too... But what's the volume on that? Must be around 15L, at least...?
SellerCaseImageStyleCase Length (mm)Case Width (mm)Case Height (mm)Volume (L)Footprint (cm2)Weight (kg)
Acat机箱X2Classic32816426414.20537.923.5
CougarQBX/QBX KazeClassic38417829119.89683.52?

Check this SFF Master List

BakaBazooka

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: SnakePlissken

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Could try this: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.66ba2e8dGwtVjm&id=629191729864&_u=j3nada6k46e3

its relatively new but most Chinese builders are flocking to this rn.

Was worried about its stability, but as the days go by, the reviews are really positive.
From what I can tell its a modified Enhance design, so it might be good, but it still isn't certified for use on NA/EU power grids.

So its at your own risk, I'd personally go with the least sketchy option(the stock PSU.

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
Nice design but I'm not sure about these 2x80mm fans in the back and the power cord connection

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
Is there any info/actual pictures of the Acat X2 anywhere?

This case is the most interesting to me since the FormdT1 yet there's no info on it.

I've been hunting for a case that can handle both a 3090FE and a 280mm AIO under 15L for a while, was going to get the Akkla A4V2 but build quality seems really subpar, panels are not looking to align well and don't seem to fit securely. The X2 would be perfect, it looks like an evolution of the M1 (slightly bigger but that space is used extremely well).
No real pictures so far. I preordered. Even though the owner said it to be shipped in 1 month (the conversation happened 2 weeks ago, so should be in 2 weeks if counting from today), I wouldn't be surprised if it the shipment doesn't happen in several months according to my past experience.

Reactions: Nero

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
From what I can tell its a modified Enhance design, so it might be good, but it still isn't certified for use on NA/EU power grids.

So its at your own risk, I'd personally go with the least sketchy option(the stock PSU.
Just be aware that this business owner was red flagged by some customers due to its poor customer service and sms spamming the customer who gave negative rating. Not sure if anything was improved since then.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just be aware that this business owner was red flagged by some customers due to its poor customer service and sms spamming the customer who gave negative rating. Not sure if anything was improved since then.
Link pls

BTW, to anyone who is interested to learn more about this PSU maker, here is an review-article which has more info.
(as usual, use your favourite translator if needed)

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
Link pls

BTW, to anyone who is interested to learn more about this PSU maker, here is an review-article which has more info.
(as usual, use your favourite translator if needed)
and a few other posts, but this one seems to be the worst as sms spamming is unacceptable. I'd keep the conversation on this merchant short to avoid deviating from the topic of this entire thread.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
and a few other posts, but this one seems to be the worst as sms spamming is unacceptable. I'd keep the conversation on this merchant short to avoid deviating from the topic of this entire thread.
I read the entire 3-page thread. This Echo guy said one thing and the seller Cat said another thing. I see no proof or evidence of any kind, pointing either way.
Anyway, no big deal here. There are always hard-to-please customers just as there are always unfriendly sellers.
Perhaps one good way to judge is to see how long the seller is in business. Bad business often go away soon while good business often last longer.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Other than the Cat customer service, I think everyone is more interested in the performance and noise aspect.

Had some videos posted on this 700W flex psu, if anyone is keen.
While I scanned through the buyer's feedback in the TB product page, I note that many buyers are happy with and thus recommend the Noctua fan upgrade option.

SnakePlissken

Cable Smoosher
Sep 24, 2020
Guys thanks for your feedback!. I am afraid i have another question ^^. I couldn´t find a PCIE 4.0 riser on taobao so i thought of using a extender card like the one linked below. I ask myself however wether thos cards always are PCIE 4.0 as long as I put them into a PCIE 4.0 slot or if there are differences just as there are differenct riser cables? https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...4.95220.42296_0_0","x_object_id":35513660739}

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Guys thanks for your feedback!. I am afraid i have another question ^^. I couldn´t find a PCIE 4.0 riser on taobao so i thought of using a extender card like the one linked below. I ask myself however wether thos cards always are PCIE 4.0 as long as I put them into a PCIE 4.0 slot or if there are differences just as there are differenct riser cables? https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141001.2.7295432cTZBmLQ&id=35513660739&scm=1007.12144.95220.42296_0_0&pvid=581ba666-df90-42a0-bb77-84da6d0b271e&utparam={"x_hestia_source":"42296","x_object_type":"item","x_hestia_subsource":"default","x_mt":0,"x_src":"42296","x_pos":2,"wh_pid":-1,"x_pvid":"581ba666-df90-42a0-bb77-84da6d0b271e","scm":"1007.12144.95220.42296_0_0","x_object_id":35513660739}
Given the lack of mention of PCIe 4.0 support and no visible redrivers or anything like that, I would assume it lacks it. It might work, but that depends on signal integrity and so on. PCIe 4.0 is much more sensitive to having several connectors in between the host and device, as well as needing redrivers for even relatively short trace lengths. If this has really good connectors, a well designed PCB, and your motherobard has great signal integrity, then it might work. Or it might still not. I wouldn't bet on it.

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
You guys know of any Taobao case under 15L that can for a fact fit a 3090 FE?

I've checked the Master list but many cases are in that blurry zone where it would in theory be a tight fit and many times it seems that power connectors would not allow the closing of the side panel (hard to tell how the sellers measure the GPU clearance, with or without the cabling?).

It's Taobao so can't ask the sellers directly and just ordering to see would be quite expensive. Would really appreciate any insight.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

I've checked the Master list but many cases are in that blurry zone where it would in theory be a tight fit and many times it seems that power connectors would not allow the closing of the side panel (hard to tell how the sellers measure the GPU clearance, with or without the cabling?).

It's Taobao so can't ask the sellers directly and just ordering to see would be quite expensive. Would really appreciate any insight.
What are the dimensions of 3090 FE?
Be specific about how the dimensions are measured.

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019

Isn't the Acat X2 having a 3090 FE in the technical drawing? Would also be sub 15l (~14.7l).
I ordered that case today - from what I've read here, it should be ready to ship now.

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
What are the dimensions of 3090 FE?
Be specific about how the dimensions are measured.

312mm length, 138mm width, 55mm thick (but requires 3 full slots because of bracket).

Isn't the Acat X2 having a 3090 FE in the technical drawing? Would also be sub 15l (~14.7l).
I ordered that case today - from what I've read here, it should be ready to ship now.

I've also ordered it it looks like the absolute perfect case with its 280mm AIO compatibility in such a small chassis but several people said here, on reddit and on the SFF discord that Acat's shipping delays are very often much longer than promised :/. As in months longer.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018

The ZZAW B3 should do the job, its very similar in both dimensions and layout to the Acat X2 you have on order.

Alternatively, if you're in the US, the Sliger Conswole is a great option and should get to you a lot quicker.