Other What's on Taobao

azimus

Case Bender
New User
Oct 11, 2020
ZS Cases is making V3 for ZS-A4. The size has increased from 7.5L to 8.3L to support 3 slot cards. It will have 5 position of adjustable CPU cooler height and GPU thickness. It has added support for up to 3 x 120mm fans.

Size: 320x134x194mm = 8.3L
GPU: up to 315x140x60mm

A:CPU 49 mm/GPU 60mm
B:CPU 53 mm/GPU 54mm
C:CPU 57 mm/GPU 50mm
D:CPU 61 mm/GPU 46mm
E:CPU 65 mm/GPU 42mm

Does this case support SFX-L PSU?

noticemesinepi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 11, 2020

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
This is actually very nice case. Darn, I wish my SM550 had these features as well.
I mean - adjustable compartments is a must nowadays. I mean, you can put 3900X/5900X inside and run it in Eco mode and still have 24 threads beast but good luck finding many 2-slot high-end GPUs. I will trade my 55mm cooler space for 2.5-slot GPU anyday.

Also I think the lack of SFX-L vs top fan is better option - probably many swap SFX for SFX-L due to thermal and noise and such fan will help a lot. Not to mention the GPU thermals.

Nice case :)

azimus

Case Bender
New User
Oct 11, 2020
They didnt mention it can support SFX-L so you might have to ask the seller directly. Just eyeballing it seems there is space but at the expense of bottom fan and much more cramped cable management.

I wish i could but i guess taobao intentionally does not want non-chinese access to their world. Even though i managed to register by using google translate. Now does not accept my password. Each time i reset, it resets succesfully but does not accept my new password. Strange. Anyways thanks for the feedback. I will wait for space gray version. Then i can give it a go. Hope it supports SFX-L. It looks like a fair alternative to T1. Customer reviews are good for other cases. What i see from pictures is that quality of finish looks decent.

Sieglinde

Cable Smoosher
Jan 27, 2020
ZS Cases is making V3 for ZS-A4. The size has increased from 7.5L to 8.3L to support 3 slot cards. It will have 5 position of adjustable CPU cooler height and GPU thickness. It has added support for up to 3 x 120mm fans.

Size: 320x134x194mm = 8.3L
GPU: up to 315x140x60mm

A:CPU 49 mm/GPU 60mm
B:CPU 53 mm/GPU 54mm
C:CPU 57 mm/GPU 50mm
D:CPU 61 mm/GPU 46mm
E:CPU 65 mm/GPU 42mm

Any info on storage capacity?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I wish i could but i guess taobao intentionally does not want non-chinese access to their world. Even though i managed to register by using google translate. Now does not accept my password. Each time i reset, it resets succesfully but does not accept my new password. Strange.
I wonder why you need Google Translate as it seems the registration has 'English' too.
I suggest, make sure your password contains the usual upper and lower case alphabets and numbers and special characters.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
No official information yet but I guess you can put drives in place of fans on the bottom of the case as usual for sandwich cases

EDIT:
Photos of the early ZS-A4 V3 prototype batch is out in Taobao.

Are those AC lines running from the incoming to the Power Supply, safe to use? I mean they look so thin and not double insulated. I see many using these thin wires for AC, while some use the double insulated type (3 wires in one black insulated cover). Just wondering what is the safe standards?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
No official information yet but I guess you can put drives in place of fans on the bottom of the case as usual for sandwich cases

EDIT:
Photos of the early ZS-A4 V3 prototype batch is out in Taobao.

In the product page, go into the Buyer's feedback (that red 11) and there are more pics of actual built.

The back panel design is interesting, with those 5 exchangeable back plates.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Are those AC lines running from the incoming to the Power Supply, safe to use? I mean they look so thin and not double insulated. I see many using these thin wires for AC, while some use the double insulated type (3 wires in one black insulated cover). Just wondering what is the safe standards?

Those kind of cables are actually pretty common in taobao cases, as long as the insulation is rated for 240v it should be fine.

As far as I'm aware (i'm no licensed electrician, so double check) double insulation isn't required inside an enclosure.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Those kind of cables are actually pretty common in taobao cases, as long as the insulation is rated for 240v it should be fine.

As far as I'm aware (i'm no licensed electrician, so double check) double insulation isn't required inside an enclosure.
I don't see how it could be required - you need to strip insulation to get to the leads to connect them to anything, so somewhere within any enclosure with an AC input there will always be wires without double insulation. Of course in many cases this is within non-user-serviceable parts of the enclosure (such as a PSU), but in many others that's not the case.

Should be entirely safe as long as there isn't any stress on the wires (stretching, excessive bending, pinching, etc.) and the ends are secured properly.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020

Nothing on Taobao has a UL label...although to be fair many offbrand consumer electronics no longer bother with UL either. Reason being, if the good catches fire and kills someone or burns someone's house down...they'll just unlist their entire store and relist.

Which is why UL, a relic of brick and mortar retail liability, is a big deal. They clear circuit designs as safe for retail sale.

UL doesn't green light less than 20AWG wiring...which isn't good enough for a PSU for a computer; and this isn't even 20AWG

Thing with cheap goods, never trust a rating stamp. The seller/maker lies. For 5A+ of load...that wiring is not good enough, and is a fire hazard. You want at least 16AWG or 1mm copper (bare minimum) for 120V service. Someone on r/SFFPC got one of these tails of AliExpress, it was using 26AWG wiring --which is a joke and a danger to people and property.

Maybe it is bare minimum okay for 240V residential use outside the USA, someone else would have to say.

I don't see how it could be required - you need to strip insulation to get to the leads to connect them to anything, so somewhere within any enclosure with an AC input there will always be wires without double insulation. Of course in many cases this is within non-user-serviceable parts of the enclosure (such as a PSU), but in many others that's not the case.

Should be entirely safe as long as there isn't any stress on the wires (stretching, excessive bending, pinching, etc.) and the ends are secured properly.

The insulation isn't the problem. The gauge AKA cross sectional area is too small especially for 120V service. Wiring will overheat (resistance of the wire), the excuse for insulation will melt, and the electrical service will ground out on the case. AKA an electrical fire.

Last edited:

Vaughan14

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2020
I know alot of people are waiting for a T1 clone, myself included.
I'm really hoping they put the fan/radiator mounts at the top instead of the bottom, does it bother anyone else that everyone running a radiator has the case upside down?

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Nothing on Taobao has a UL label...although to be fair many offbrand consumer electronics no longer bother with UL either. Reason being, if the good catches fire and kills someone or burns someone's house down...they'll just unlist their entire store and relist.

Which is why UL, a relic of brick and mortar retail liability, is a big deal. They clear circuit designs as safe for retail sale.

UL doesn't green light less than 20AWG wiring...which isn't good enough for a PSU for a computer; and this isn't even 20AWG

Thing with cheap goods, never trust a rating stamp. The seller/maker lies. For 5A+ of load...that wiring is not good enough, and is a fire hazard. You want at least 16AWG or 1mm copper (bare minimum) for 120V service. Someone on r/SFFPC got one of these tails of AliExpress, it was using 26AWG wiring --which is a joke and a danger to people and property.

Maybe it is bare minimum okay for 240V residential use outside the USA, someone else would have to say.

The insulation isn't the problem. The gauge AKA cross sectional area is too small especially for 120V service. Wiring will overheat (resistance of the wire), the excuse for insulation will melt, and the electrical service will ground out on the case. AKA an electrical fire.
Good to know! I am also skeptical of how safe these low profile power connectors are. Better check with ZS directly or the seller using similar connectors to see what kind of wires they are using before buying.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Good to know! I am also skeptical of how safe these low profile power connectors are. Better check with ZS directly or the seller using similar connectors to see what kind of wires they are using before buying.

FWIW, You could probably swap the wiring on the pigtail and *probably* be OK. Depends on what is inside the connector. These 90-degree flat PSU connectors are slick looking and could be life savers in SFF, but the wiring on them is crap. Usual caveat emptors IANAL, YMMV, etc.

The other option, being to find another pigtail...although SFF pigtails are hard to find.

My ZZAW B6 I use my NCase pigtail, the stock ZZAW was probably OK--but I err on caution when Old Sparky is involved.

noticemesinepi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 11, 2020
FWIW, You could probably swap the wiring on the pigtail and *probably* be OK. Depends on what is inside the connector. These 90-degree flat PSU connectors are slick looking and could be life savers in SFF, but the wiring on them is crap. Usual caveat emptors IANAL, YMMV, etc.

The other option, being to find another pigtail...although SFF pigtails are hard to find.

My ZZAW B6 I use my NCase pigtail, the stock ZZAW was probably OK--but I err on caution when Old Sparky is involved.

Hi, just asked the seller about the wiring of the pigtail. They said it's 0.75mm2/AWG 18. Not sure if that's credible though. Is there any way that I can do to check the actual AWG of the wiring when I get the case? Thanks!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Hi, just asked the seller about the wiring of the pigtail. They said it's 0.75mm2/AWG 18. Not sure if that's credible though. Is there any way that I can do to check the actual AWG of the wiring when I get the case? Thanks!
Not without cutting the wire. You could always measure the outer diameter of the wire with calipers, but that doesn't tell you how thick the copper inside is. The insulation should also be stamped with the wire gauge. Though you can't always trust that: I once cut an "18AWG" power lead on a cheap PCIe riser to find that it was in reality something like 24AWG - barely a few strands of copper in there (in hindsight, I could tell that that wire was off: plastic insulation bends very differently from copper, obviously, and it felt very different from 18AWG PSU cables I've used, softer, and it held bends to a much lesser degree). But for something made to transfer at least a couple of amps of AC, I see no reason to doubt that its 18AWG. 18AWG should be fine for around 3A (.75mm² wiring is what is used for standard C8 appliance power cables, which are rated for 3A), so it'll handle >600W on 220V or >300W on 120V. For a short run like that it might even be fine for higher amperages than that, but don't take my word for it - I'm not an electrician or electrical engineer.

noticemesinepi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 11, 2020
Not without cutting the wire. You could always measure the outer diameter of the wire with calipers, but that doesn't tell you how thick the copper inside is. The insulation should also be stamped with the wire gauge. Though you can't always trust that: I once cut an "18AWG" power lead on a cheap PCIe riser to find that it was in reality something like 24AWG - barely a few strands of copper in there (in hindsight, I could tell that that wire was off: plastic insulation bends very differently from copper, obviously, and it felt very different from 18AWG PSU cables I've used, softer, and it held bends to a much lesser degree). But for something made to transfer at least a couple of amps of AC, I see no reason to doubt that its 18AWG. 18AWG should be fine for around 3A (.75mm² wiring is what is used for standard C8 appliance power cables, which are rated for 3A), so it'll handle >600W on 220V or >300W on 120V. For a short run like that it might even be fine for higher amperages than that, but don't take my word for it - I'm not an electrician or electrical engineer.
Thanks for the input! Just did a bit of research and apparently our country supplies electricity on 220V so I think it should be fine. Will try to take more pictures of the cable once I get the case (should be arriving in a couple of days) and build on it.