Other What's on Taobao

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020

ZS is also updating their ZS-A4L SFX half sandwich case to V2. Main change is it is smaller compared to V1. From 7.6L to 6.7L at 188x134x266mm
No information on clearances yet but should be similar to V1 and other cases with this layout. Will be available in October 2020

This looks like a worthy successor to the now defunct CCD M1-6 ITX.

Reactions: HRT1337

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
This looks like a worthy successor to the now defunct CCD M1-6 ITX.
I used to have a MI-6 and would have loved to have this top fan option.
There are actually quite a few cases that has the same layout as CCD MI-6 in taobao like a few below

SeaDamaged SE Mid Mini 5.5L

Sunmilo S01 6.9L

Captain S. V6.1 7.39L

AKKLA A3 7.5L

LZmod F1-SFX 7.5L

Metalfish T40 7.55L

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Three new cases appeared in Taobao.

Acat S1 699RMB SFX half sandwich

192x140x247mm 6.6L
67mm CPU cooler height. 189x135x48mm GPU clearance. SFX/SFX-L PSU
Have an optional top hat for 120mm rad

LZmod HS-V1 389RMB SFX APU

190x326x73mm 4.5L
49mm CPU cooler height. SFX/SFX-L PSU
End of October 2020 release

Mechanic Master C28 mATX Case

342x185x284mm 18L
162mm CPU cooler height. 120/240/280mm rad support. 335x160x80mm GPU clearance. Up to 5x120mm or 4x140mm case fans. ATX PSU (140mm length)
End of November 2020 release

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018

192x140x247mm 6.6L
Hot damn, that is one of the best looking cases I've seen in a long time. If only I was in the market for something in that size class ... *drool*
Mechanic Master C28 mATX Case

That ITX layout sees the RTX cooler exhaust the majority of its air directly into the PSU intake. Yeah, that sounds like a really bad idea. I mean, it probably works, but it'll tank the efficiency of your PSU and likely dramatically shorten its lifespan...

HYPERBOLOCO

Trash Compacter
Sep 27, 2015
I'm not sure the air will be as hot as you think. With the front fan and bottom fan there is a lot of cool air being moved in the direction of the PSU

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Hot damn, that is one of the best looking cases I've seen in a long time. If only I was in the market for something in that size class ... *drool*

That ITX layout sees the RTX cooler exhaust the majority of its air directly into the PSU intake. Yeah, that sounds like a really bad idea. I mean, it probably works, but it'll tank the efficiency of your PSU and likely dramatically shorten its lifespan...
I'm not sure the air will be as hot as you think. With the front fan and bottom fan there is a lot of cool air being moved in the direction of the PSU

It looks, based on the render and the location of hardware that the PSU is flipped to intake air from the bottom....but that is just a guess based on a render.

For 700 or 800Yuan...I'd want to see an actual product and not a render.

Sando

Case Bender
New User
Sep 18, 2020

192x140x247mm 6.6L

That Acat S1 is a really fine looking case! I've been looking at the X1 (Ghost S1 clone), but that is a really nice alternative! It's just a shame that there are so few <190mm graphics cards around these days in the top segments. I don't think there's anything higher than RTX 2070 non-super from Nvidia or RX 5600 XT from AMD, as far as I know at least.

I'm also a bit skeptical about the 48mm gpu thickness. I've seen some pictures on Taobao of 43mm thick cards, and it looks like a tight fit. I really doubt 48mm would do it, or even that my 46,5mm RX 5700 Pulse would fit. Has anyone seen any confirmation on the GPU clearance for this or the X1?

Oh, and first post. Long time lurker, though! Just had to register for this thread alone :)

Reactions: Kundahli

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
That ultimately doesn't matter much, as the vast majority of that air will be coming through the GPU heatsink under anything putting a load on the GPU, and will as such be hot when it reaches the PSU. Of course it would be even worse if there wasn't a plentiful supply of fresh air, but remember, this is a 320W GPU. That's a lot of heat for a small case. And unless you're going for a top quality PSU, most of them are only rated for operation at up to 40°C, which will easily be exceeded by the exhaust coming off that GPU.
It looks, based on the render and the location of hardware that the PSU is flipped to intake air from the bottom....but that is just a guess based on a render.
I can clearly see the intake grill on the PSU on its bottom, so yeah, definitely taking in air from the GPU fan as I said.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
I read many mentioned that it was a pain in the ass to install the V2 with the seamless case. Cables would get caught easily. Some videos shows the builder adding a piece of paper to prevent the cables from getting caught while dropping the build into the shell.
I own a V2. It is an absolute pain in the ass. Its a nice technical achievement, but just getting the whole shell to slide on nicely is hard, because the entire computer is held up by a single panel in the middle, which then has to slot on grooves at the top and bottom of the inside of the outer shell. Then you have to deal with power and SATA cables to the front hard drive mount plate, and cables will easily get stuck inside, preventing sliding the computer into the shell.

Also, the front panel has very strong magnets, which makes it very hard to pull off. Again, an elegant solution but just annoying to deal with. If you are someone who can build the machine once and not touch it its perfect. But for a tinkerer like myself its just far too inconvenient to disassemble and reassemble.

I like the carryover of the dual/triple slot configurable panels to the new case. In a lot of respects it looks like V1's layout with tweaks.

I see a lot of Ghost S1 clones on here, is there any Sidearm T1/FormD T1 Clones on this site?
None yet, but I suspect its a matter of time. Its probably easier that the T1 arrives in pieces, which can be cloned piece by piece. My guess is that someone 3D scanned the S1, and then fixed up the model. That model is floating around the QQ groups and stuff.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
I own a V2. It is an absolute pain in the ass. Its a nice technical achievement, but just getting the whole shell to slide on nicely is hard, because the entire computer is held up by a single panel in the middle, which then has to slot on grooves at the top and bottom of the inside of the outer shell. Then you have to deal with power and SATA cables to the front hard drive mount plate, and cables will easily get stuck inside, preventing sliding the computer into the shell.

Also, the front panel has very strong magnets, which makes it very hard to pull off. Again, an elegant solution but just annoying to deal with. If you are someone who can build the machine once and not touch it its perfect. But for a tinkerer like myself its just far too inconvenient to disassemble and reassemble.

I like the carryover of the dual/triple slot configurable panels to the new case. In a lot of respects it looks like V1's layout with tweaks.

None yet, but I suspect its a matter of time. Its probably easier that the T1 arrives in pieces, which can be cloned piece by piece. My guess is that someone 3D scanned the S1, and then fixed up the model. That model is floating around the QQ groups and stuff.

Understand your frustration with the V2 like many others who feedback on the difficulty of getting the build into the shell. The V3 looks like a much better improvement over the V2. Only nitpick is the power switch located at the rear.

SnakePlissken

Cable Smoosher
Sep 24, 2020

It was never neccessary to 3D Scan the S1 since Loque released the actual cad files themselves as promised on their Kickstarter Campaign ^^. Thats why there are so many clones. The T1 would actually be perfect for cloning since there is almost no entry barriers due to the lack of special tools needed to manufacture it. I was working on a clone myself but it´s just not economical for a single case to have all those cnc parts made.