Other What's on Taobao

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
It was never neccessary to 3D Scan the S1 since Loque released the actual cad files themselves as promised on their Kickstarter Campaign ^^. Thats why there are so many clones. The T1 would actually be perfect for cloning since there is almost no entry barriers due to the lack of special tools needed to manufacture it. I was working on a clone myself but it´s just not economical for a single case to have all those cnc parts made.
Ah I didn't know that.

Yes indeed, CNC for one copy is not worth it.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It was never neccessary to 3D Scan the S1 since Loque released the actual cad files themselves as promised on their Kickstarter Campaign ^^. Thats why there are so many clones. The T1 would actually be perfect for cloning since there is almost no entry barriers due to the lack of special tools needed to manufacture it. I was working on a clone myself but it´s just not economical for a single case to have all those cnc parts made.
I reckon, when T1 is cloned, the clones will not be exact replica of the original. There will be alterations/improvements made. And it will be interesting to see what improvements are made.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I reckon, when T1 is cloned, the clones will not be exact replica of the original. There will be alterations/improvements made. And it will be interesting to see what improvements are made.
I would be interested to see how the Chinese case designers put their own spins on the T1. The most obvious change they could make is adding 3-4mm to the radiator chambers to fit 30mm rads. Not quite sure how they could optimize internal space further since the T1 internal is so open already.

Reactions: jamescarter117

SnakePlissken

Cable Smoosher
Sep 24, 2020
I agree they are very practical when adding features and functionality but unfortunately less talented when it comes to design or attention to detail it´s just not their way of thinking. I am actually surprised that there is no clone yet given the attention the case got on the chinese internet.

jxfong2

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
I agree they are very practical when adding features and functionality but unfortunately less talented when it comes to design or attention to detail it´s just not their way of thinking. I am actually surprised that there is no clone yet given the attention the case got on the chinese internet.
It does not attract chinese user as there is another cheaper alternative since few years ago.
水冷快乐盒

People buy T1 for build quality and aesthetics, not for 3 slot gpu + cpu water cooling compatibity.

• Wow
Reactions: eedev

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 5, 2017
Oh, so it's not going to be sold anymore? :(
Will the MKVII feature a similair layout?
Here are news

SnakePlissken

Cable Smoosher
Sep 24, 2020
It does not attract chinese user as there is another cheaper alternative since few years ago.
水冷快乐盒

People buy T1 for build quality and aesthetics, not for 3 slot gpu + cpu water cooling compatibity.
That alternative is a perfect example of what i was talking about ^^. I saw some Chinese website with a lot of praise for the T1.

survfate

Trash Compacter
Jul 30, 2020
Three new cases appeared in Taobao.

Acat S1 699RMB SFX half sandwich

192x140x247mm 6.6L
67mm CPU cooler height. 189x135x48mm GPU clearance. SFX/SFX-L PSU
Have an optional top hat for 120mm rad
I don't see any info regarding the optional top hat in the URL?

velka5simp

Chassis Packer
Aug 27, 2020
Here are news
Ohh, almost 6L. That too big for me :(
Would've liked to the under 5L "old" Mini MKVI.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Anyone can help with a reliable 600w SFX PSU from taobao?
FSP MS600. Has been reviewed by EXPReview, who concluded that it was a good power supply. They've done the full range of tests against ATX PSU specification. They comment that 5V and 3.3V voltage stability could be better, but they are both within 5% tolerance as required by ATX specification. The fan also turns off on idle/low load, I can confirm this on my MS450 as well.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
A round up of new cases that I found recently in Taobao

Ghost S1 clone (8.48L)

Same internal and external dimensions as original Ghost S1, like Kevcase
Starts from 399 RMB

XWORKS X32 (3.5L)

Small open case with Flex ATX PSU half sandwich layout
359 RMB
175x100x200mm (3.5L)

LGK2S (6.19L)

A new case from a new manufacturer called Old / Six Pigeon with Ghost S1 aesthetics. Like a bigger Formula 2S.
499 RMB
199x125x249mm (6.19L)
52mm CPU Cooler Height
190mm Dual slot GPU
Flex ATX PSU
2x2.5" SSD/HDD
2x92mm slim 15mm fans on top

LGK3S (7.41L)

Second case from Old / Six Pigeon using an SFX PSU half sandwich layout
599 RMB
192x145x266mm (7.41L)
67mm CPU Cooler Height
Supports optional top hat for 120mm rad. Doesnt seem to be released yet
186mm Dual slot GPU
SFX / SFX-L PSU
6x2.5" SSD/HDD
Support one 120mm or 140mm slim 15mm fan on top

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
A round up of new cases that I found recently in Taobao

LGK3S (7.41L)

Second case from Old / Six Pigeon using an SFX PSU half sandwich layout
599 RMB
192x145x266mm (7.41L)
67mm CPU Cooler Height
Supports optional top hat for 120mm rad. Doesnt seem to be released yet
186mm Dual slot GPU
SFX / SFX-L PSU
6x2.5" SSD/HDD
Support one 120mm or 140mm slim 15mm fan on top

I've noticed case pictures can show "optional" stuff, but no package is offered to buy it. So in this case, how to order it with optional top hat? Do you have to contact the seller directly before placing an order? How is that done if using an agent like Superbuy? You somehow tell the Superbuy agent to ask the seller for the optional item, after placing and paying for the order?

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
I've noticed case pictures can show "optional" stuff, but no package is offered to buy it. So in this case, how to order it with optional top hat? Do you have to contact the seller directly before placing an order? How is that done if using an agent like Superbuy? You somehow tell the Superbuy agent to ask the seller for the optional item, after placing and paying for the order?
I never used Superbuy before but there might be an option in Superbuy website to ask questions to the seller before buying the product. Maybe through their customer service or something.

As for the optional top hat itself, it might not even be ready yet as the case itself is might still be in prototype stage as its just renders without any real photos.

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
ZS Cases is making V3 for ZS-A4. The size has increased from 7.5L to 8.3L to support 3 slot cards. It will have 5 position of adjustable CPU cooler height and GPU thickness. It has added support for up to 3 x 120mm fans.

Size: 320x134x194mm = 8.3L
GPU: up to 315x140x60mm

A:CPU 49 mm/GPU 60mm
B:CPU 53 mm/GPU 54mm
C:CPU 57 mm/GPU 50mm
D:CPU 61 mm/GPU 46mm
E:CPU 65 mm/GPU 42mm

Thanks so much for pointing this out! Had no idea - and this is indeed very appealing. Question though : Does anybody know if this comes with a riser? I'm almost positive the one from my V2 would work, but I couldn't find any mention of this.