Other What's on Taobao

MrVoshel

Efficiency Noob
Jul 6, 2020
I'm planning on buying a DENG F12 next year, but I have some doubts. Can I have metal side panels on both sides by using the ¥150 panel? I don't really like the tempered glass as I'm going for a minimal look. And is it possible to install a 280mm AIO or do I need to order the ¥100 addon?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Is the V2 water-cooled version already with the integrated top hat?
It looks like so.
Standard version (ie air cooled version) is 335x155x190.
Water-cooled version is 335x155x250. That additional height must refer to the integrated top hat. While you can still buy a standard version with a top hat, I think, if you plan to watercool, the water-cooled version looks better and functions (at least, structurally speaking) better.
we had a small gathering in Hanoi over the weekend and someone brought an Akkla V1 with 2 tophats (L+M). The fitment is just terrible, the build quality is bad, especially next to the no-longer-mine Formula X1. The guy said he's so disappointed that he's not even bothered building in it and just leave the case as is. Let's say V2 is much better, then the watercooling version is the safer bet versus standard + tophat.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I'm planning on buying a DENG F12 next year, but I have some doubts. Can I have metal side panels on both sides by using the ¥150 panel? I don't really like the tempered glass as I'm going for a minimal look. And is it possible to install a 280mm AIO or do I need to order the ¥100 addon?
RMB150 for the side panel and RMB100 for the watercooling support brackets

Reactions: MrVoshel

MrVoshel

Efficiency Noob
Jul 6, 2020
RMB150 for the side panel and RMB100 for the watercooling support brackets

Thanks. Also is 135mm referring to the radiator+fans thickness?

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
There's another interesting Flex 1U powered case. I like how the power supply is mounted, sucking cool air from the mesh side panel instead of pulling hot air from the internal of the case. But at the expense of the GPU. One can only mount a low profile GPU or just run with built in graphic.

ZS A4DC V2

HYPERBOLOCO

Trash Compacter
Sep 27, 2015
Pulled the trigger on a white C34 ATX. Got the airflow front panel and MATX plate as well. Hopefully it makes it here in one piece ??

Z33

Chassis Packer
May 31, 2020
Got my formula X1 case build up by an enthusiast friend. The build quality seems ok but unfortunately, the packing was not great and the case got scratched on route in a few places.

I plan to feedback to the seller and my forwarding agent superbuy. I would like to attach pictures but I don’t know how on this forum!

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Got my formula X1 case build up by an enthusiast friend. The build quality seems ok but unfortunately, the packing was not great and the case got scratched on route in a few places.

I plan to feedback to the seller and my forwarding agent superbuy. I would like to attach pictures but I don’t know how on this forum!
that's unfortunate, did you choose to have it transported in wooden crate? mine was and it came to me without any scratches.
for the pictures you can use imgur or similar website and link it to here

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I just found my courage and got a Tiptrans account. What petite, sub-8L cases on Taobao have IR windows like Streacom has and HDPlex used to have?

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I just found my courage and got a Tiptrans account. What petite, sub-8L cases on Taobao have IR receivers like Streacom has and HDPlex used to have?

The Streacom IR recievers are internal Flirc revievers, but they have USB dongles too if needed. Only problem is that IR gets blocked easy so the dongle would probably be in the front: https://flirc.tv/more/flirc-usb

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
The Streacom IR recievers are internal Flirc revievers, but they have USB dongles too if needed. Only problem is that IR gets blocked easy so the dongle would probably be in the front: https://flirc.tv/more/flirc-usb
Thanks for the suggestion. IR receiver development, in my opinion, has taken a significant step back from the focus. The focus has turned from full automation to multiplatform cross compatibility and tiny, USB-port-sized form factor. These are remarkable strides forward, but the latest and greatest offerings lack one major feature that would give a truly hands-free experience: they cannot power on from S5. I did research into this corner of the market. The basic requirement is an IR receiver provide power switch headers to connect to the motherboard and case power switch. There are just three options available now that I am aware of that provide IR control via a USB header and (more importantly) power on via an IR signal:

-FLIRC Streacom Edition (FLIRC-SE)
-Perfect Home Theater (PHT) IR receiver
-Inteset Internal IR Receiver

The PHT and FLIRC-SE are both compatible with Streacom's internal mounting patterns for their IR windows. Meanwhile, the Inteset is meant to be mountable via a DIY solution. Unfortunately, in my testing, the Inteset could not operate properly off of on-board USB power unlike the other two options and required using the included power brick. Because of this limitation, I strongly recommend either the PHT or the FLIRC-SE. Jason at FLIRC is working on releasing an updated version of the FLIRC-SE. It will have more responsive and accurate IR circuitry found on the current-generation version 2 FLIRC USB receivers.

Reactions: Ceros_X

Hanslol2

Cable Smoosher
Jul 18, 2020
Update on the FEIYOUPU Ghost S1 Clone.

Today my case arrived at the superbuy warehouse and they sent me some QC Images. I decided to keep the case as on the images it doesn't look quite as bad as i feared. I ordered the Air Cooled Chassis, which now is apparently integrated and not a seperate tophat.

Here is the link to the images:

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Whats the max GPU length for that case? (C34) Is it 330mm? Supports ATX? And fans on the bottom? I need to find a review.

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
ON second view of the C34, it looks like the bottom intake holes are very small, and probably create a lot of fan noise turbulence.