Other What's on Taobao

dotori

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2019
Does anyone know the difference between the AKKLA A4 and the A4 v2 thats on preorder? I know they have slightly lower QC issues than the other ghost replicas but i like how the top is white on a white case vs the black and the front usb c is actually gonna be super useful for me, but does anyone know of any other ghost replicas that are similar to this one?

Also, I have an asus strix 1080ti OC, that wont fit in here right? I think it says the maximum thickness for a gpu is 50mm and mine is 52.5 according to asus website. I'm also running a 3900x, should I get a tophat to run an aio or will a low profile air cooler like a NH-l12s be enough?

effuh

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2020
Is there anywhere there are more pictures of the Feipu Ghost clone? Or does anyone have any info on the QC of the case? And how is the construction, particularly how are the side panels attached? With screws or do they slide in?

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Is there anywhere there are more pictures of the Feipu Ghost clone? Or does anyone have any info on the QC of the case? And how is the construction, particularly how are the side panels attached? With screws or do they slide in?
The side panels slide in and also have L brackets you can screw in for additional rigidity. have this clone and it's very good - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/whats-on-taobao.885/page-78#post-204369

Reactions: effuh

effuh

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2020
The side panels slide in and also have L brackets you can screw in for additional rigidity. have this clone and it's very good - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/whats-on-taobao.885/page-78#post-204369

Thanks!

I assume the air/water cooled version use tophats? I'm really looking for a Ghost clone that can fit a fan or two in the top without the addition of a tophat, and fit a LH-12S/Ghost edition.
Some I've seen are the AKLLA a4 (But the QC scares me a bit), Formula X1 (which might end up more expensive than a regular a Ghost with shipping and customs), Acat X1 (But it ships in October).

And does the Kevcases 1.1 support a top fan?

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
I assume the air/water cooled version use tophats? I'm really looking for a Ghost clone that can fit a fan or two in the top without the addition of a tophat, and fit a LH-12S/Ghost edition.
Some I've seen are the AKLLA a4 (But the QC scares me a bit), Formula X1 (which might end up more expensive than a regular a Ghost with shipping and customs), Acat X1 (But it ships in October).
Yes the air/water cooled versions come with either a medium or large top hat. The dimensions are slightly different from Louqe so I doubt you can mix top hats from another maker. There is no room above the cpu/mobo for a top fan without a top hat.

Is it possible to mount the PSU bracket further down to fit a slim fan above it?
Yes, if you move the PSU bracket all the way up you can fit a 25mm fan underneath. If you move the PSU bracket all the way down it gives you 20mm of clearance on top so you may be able to fit a slim fan above and below the psu.

Reactions: effuh

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
Finally got around to finishing this build. obligatory item link - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=606304906165

That actually looks like a really high quality piece of kit.

If you could, mind if I'd ask for a few more pictures of the space available for the GPU?

Cheers!

dotori

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2019
@tinyitx I have ordered this one. Mine is about to ship after wait of nearly 40 days. I am in their QQ group. It appears seller has small workshop where he prepares them - hence longer wait times. But he seems a genuine person.

That Yuan 500 version is now 600 and called Youth version. Standard version is Yuan 900. About quality, he mentions that, Youth version uses same CNC process and material as standard version. But surface treatment is different between these two versions. It also appears that he has improved upon some of shortcomings of earlier version of clone.

Similarly, I had checked a lots of Ghost clones on Taobao. Summary from my end;
Formula clone - expensive but probably best clone. It even goes to improve upon some shortcomings of original Ghost S1
Kevcases standard version - near replica of Ghost S1 except may be magnets ?
one which @hereforthefeast bought - nice balance on quality and price
Kevcases youth version - probably most VFM variant going by few available reviews and discussion in their QQ group.
Aklla - I would personally avoid these. Build quality is okay-ish and design deviates a lot from original Ghost S1
Acat X1 - actual product pictures are very pleasing for what it costs but delivery estimation is 29th October - it does not seem practical to wait that long.
Wdean Dora D1S - not very sure about quality but steep pricing of about USD 212 and lead time of 3+ months is putting off.

I was wondering where did you see the acat delivery times? I originally wanted the aklla a4 but got a message saying its out of stock, even for the v2.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I was wondering where did you see the acat delivery times? I originally wanted the aklla a4 but got a message saying its out of stock, even for the v2.
At top of the page, it states 29th Oct as the latest delivery date. It might be earlier but that is just the planned latest date.
I think, Acat has a representative (AcatFormula) in this forum and you might PM him.
Or, just talk to the seller directly thru Taobao. This should be the surest way to get the latest info.

Last edited:
Reactions: dotori