Other What's on Taobao

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Hey vyral_143, I ordered my Kevcases Youth on June 1st, do you have any info if it will be included in this batch? Or is it best if I try to join the QQ group and ask the seller myself?

According to me, June 1st is definitely not going to be this batch. I may be wrong, but this batch included orders pending from April 19.

Did you purchase it for Yuan 599 or 499 ? Cause list price was increased by 100 Yuan some weeks before. If it was purchased for 599, my estimate for shipping is July 1st - 2nd week.

Reactions: Orangensaf1

Orangensaf1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 21, 2020
According to me, June 1st is definitely not going to be this batch. I may be wrong, but this batch included orders pending from April 19.

Did you purchase it for Yuan 599 or 499 ? Cause list price was increased by 100 Yuan some weeks before. If it was purchased for 599, my estimate for shipping is July 1st - 2nd week.

My Youth version was 599. If it ships sometime in the next 3 weeks then that's fine by me, after all he was very clear about the long production time on the Taobao page. Thanks for the info!

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Just a word of warning of SGPC on Taobao. I ordered a K39 from them, and they promptly gave me a shipping id. After some days without updates on the shipping I contacted the Taobao agent, and they say it was a fake shipping id, and that they (SGPC) will ship the case after 30 days. I saw no such message when I ordered the case, it seemed in stock and all was fine (including shipping id that I got, as mentioned).

Now, it gets worse. I waited almost 30 days just to get the message from the Taobao agent that they (SGPC) says the black K39 is out of stock. Asking me to switch color or refund. I chose refund, which I hope will work.

This was a farce. Taobao and their agents have always been fine, it's just SGPC that I want to warn of. Their handling of my order made no sense and wasted 30 days for me.

Reactions: aggressivehog

evd

Trash Compacter
Mar 24, 2020
Can't you just get it off aliexpress direct and not have to bother with an agent? I got mine from there..came rather quick.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Can't you just get it off aliexpress direct and not have to bother with an agent? I got mine from there..came rather quick.

Yeah, for the K39 AiliExpress is probably best. Never had a problem with Taobao before, so I thought I could order directly from the assumed creator of the case, SGPC. But turned out to be an epic fail this time.

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
@vyral_143
So, have you made good use of yesterday? I like to see how much you have built so far in your Kevcase!

I have pretty much completed my build. Yet to affix 2TB 2.5" HDD though.

Here are some snippets;

Vaughan14

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2020
That looks great, what do you think about the quality?

I haven't heard word about mine yet, all my parts haven't arrived yet so not a big deal.

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
That looks great, what do you think about the quality?

Build quality feels very good. Packaging is okayish but it secures all panels with good cushioning.

Another point about color difference between side panels and front panels; it is not that significant and evident unlike other clones.

Reactions: Vaughan14

cblueprint

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 27, 2020
Recently purchased the ZS-A4 v2 case

Build:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC (Bios Version: 7A40vAB)
Corsair SF750
Adata XPG D10 DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
Intel M.2 660P 1TB
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC (Version: 20.5.1)
ZS a4 v2 with ADT 190mm PCI-E 3.0 x16 riser cable
Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004)

The system works fine with the GPU directly plugged into the mobo, but I still get the occasional green screen and black screen.

I experience all sort of problems when I try to use the riser cable and the PCI-E1 - Max Link Speed in bios is set to auto. I get stuttering to no video playback, laggy windows and distorted to no sound.

On manually setting to gen 3, I still experience similar problems as when it was set to auto. I heard from other users where setting to gen 3 fixed all their problems.

I tried gen 2 as well and most of the problems disappeared except for sound distortion.

Any advice on how to fix this issue or any suggestion on a different riser cable?

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
I'm considering ordering the ZS-A4 V2 via Superbuy, but my understanding was that one of the benefits of these agents is inspection before they send the goods to you...but, in my cart, the case carries a "Unable to professional inspect" or some such notification. The info bubble on cursor hover is pretty clear - they say they can't inspect it and that they're not responsible for any defects found on receipt.

Is this a common occurrence for ZS-A4 V2 orders? I thought people in the recent past, who had ordered one, had seen pictures of their ZS-A4 V2's before they were shipped from the agents...can any recent purchasers comment?

Cheers!

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
I would ignore that notification - I think that means they don't offer the additional professional inspection service. You should still get the couple of free photos of the item.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Recently purchased the ZS-A4 v2 case

Build:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC (Bios Version: 7A40vAB)
Corsair SF750
Adata XPG D10 DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
Intel M.2 660P 1TB
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC (Version: 20.5.1)
ZS a4 v2 with ADT 190mm PCI-E 3.0 x16 riser cable
Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004)

The system works fine with the GPU directly plugged into the mobo, but I still get the occasional green screen and black screen.

I experience all sort of problems when I try to use the riser cable and the PCI-E1 - Max Link Speed in bios is set to auto. I get stuttering to no video playback, laggy windows and distorted to no sound.

On manually setting to gen 3, I still experience similar problems as when it was set to auto. I heard from other users where setting to gen 3 fixed all their problems.

I tried gen 2 as well and most of the problems disappeared except for sound distortion.

Any advice on how to fix this issue or any suggestion on a different riser cable?
There is a new Beta BIOS (after 7A40vAB) which might help.
Also, I read that someone said rolling back to some earlier driver for the 5700XT solved his problem. You might try as last resort, I suppose.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Build quality feels very good. Packaging is okayish but it secures all panels with good cushioning.

Another point about color difference between side panels and front panels; it is not that significant and evident unlike other clones.

Any more pics? Lovely clone case btw.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Anyone here able to message taobao sellers? I have a pre-purchase question but I can only message sellers via the superbuy agent after buying an item

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Anyone here able to message taobao sellers? I have a pre-purchase question but I can only message sellers via the superbuy agent after buying an item

It is super easy. On Taobao app,after landing on page of item you want, click on bubble like icon at bottom. Only caveat is, you have to use Chinese language - Google Translate is enough for it.