Other What's on Taobao

OnionFromOrion

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2019
Wdean Dora has something based on the Ghost S1 aesthetics, but closer in layout to the Captain S. V6 and Sunmilo S01. Unfortunately the GPU length is limited to 178mm, generous CPU cooler clearance at 65mm though. Also a top hat for 120mm slim fan and AIO support.

max2173

Case Bender
New User
Mar 6, 2020
Hey, just signed up as very interested in getting something from Taobao. Does anyone here have experience getting something shipped to the UK? Just wondering what the cost of delivery ended up being (I'm aware it won't be quite the same, just would like to hear from someone)

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
Wdean Dora has something based on the Ghost S1 aesthetics, but closer in layout to the Captain S. V6 and Sunmilo S01. Unfortunately the GPU length is limited to 178mm, generous CPU cooler clearance at 65mm though. Also a top hat for 120mm slim fan and AIO support.
I smell some CCD MI-6 chassis here.

Reactions: ignsvn

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hey, just signed up as very interested in getting something from Taobao. Does anyone here have experience getting something shipped to the UK? Just wondering what the cost of delivery ended up being (I'm aware it won't be quite the same, just would like to hear from someone)
From what I have heard, a lot of UK users have used bhiner rather than Superbuy(I think it has to do with Import/duties.... But maybe I just misunderstood that user).

I'm not sure on Shipping fees, (since it will come down to size and weight of the product ultimately).

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I smell some CCD MI-6 chassis here.

It does look like CCD MI-6 - well the layout is not unique anyway.

However, MI-6 does offer up to.. 191mm GPU clearance. In fact, IIRC @rfarmer managed to install 196mm Inno3D RTX 2070 in there, albeit with the help of some manufacturing tolerance.

Reactions: rfarmer

pipshag

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 7, 2020
I have been trying to buy warhead papyrus for the longest time. In the end got a refund. Seller is unresponsive and contact person on taobao is outsourced to some form of customer service. If anyone knows any case which has a small gpu with the same layout :

please let me know!

I registered to let you know that I have the worst experience with @WH-team and the Papyrus as well. Pre-ordered in beginning of January, got the delivery date postponed and then even got the case "shipped" only to hear that the selected color is now unavailable and that there's one in stock in silver. Upon agreeing to take silver I now got another message through Superbuy - "the silver case has defect on front and side".

I'm going crazy, though that they would respect pre-order and queues but all I can hear is excuses and empty words for a case that's probably not even in stock.

--

Wanted to have an aircooled case that supports the TR Silver Arrow 130 with additional cooling. The K55-style case is inefficient with a big SFX-PSU covering airflow. Can't really find anything similar that seems to provide adequate airflow as well as look good at the same time.

Reactions: aggressivehog

ywori

Trash Compacter
Jul 6, 2018
I registered to let you know that I have the worst experience with @WH-team and the Papyrus as well. Pre-ordered in beginning of January, got the delivery date postponed and then even got the case "shipped" only to hear that the selected color is now unavailable and that there's one in stock in silver. Upon agreeing to take silver I now got another message through Superbuy - "the silver case has defect on front and side".

I'm going crazy, though that they would respect pre-order and queues but all I can hear is excuses and empty words for a case that's probably not even in stock.

--

Wanted to have an aircooled case that supports the TR Silver Arrow 130 with additional cooling. The K55-style case is inefficient with a big SFX-PSU covering airflow. Can't really find anything similar that seems to provide adequate airflow as well as look good at the same time.
Yes it is a hit and miss with taobao sellers, I hope you manged to get your refund.

But thank you for letting me know that I am not the exception and warhead does not deliver.

Reactions: pipshag

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019

I'm in the process of ordering a Nano4 Pro case to the UK, via Superbuy. It's been delayed substantially owing to the virus outbreak, plus I chose a custom ventilation design. Once I know the UK shipping costs, I'll give you an update.

Guacs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 1, 2020
Any console style cases or cases like the velka 5 that you guys have seen? I've been trying to look for something with a small footprint that would fit a zotac 1070ti mini and an sfx PSU.

K G B

Case Bender
New User
Mar 8, 2020
Hi all,
I've been watching this thread for 2 months now going through all your amazing information. Thank you all for your hard work.

I've watched too many cases with too many options and my brain is scrambled. I love the new cases but I can't really wait too long as I have already built the pc on my desk, sitting in open bench mode, collecting dust :) it needs a home.

• I am building a new VR box so I can take it around and show my demos to various potential clients.
  • Can you recommend a custom bag store that can create a carry bag for my custom size case?
  • Both sides to be aluminium as I need to carry this around and can't have glass/acrylic. it needs to be robust.
  • I know weight could be a problem but I prefer good quality/design over weight (I'll probably change my mind after carrying it for 20 minutes)
  • I like new mjolnir or ZS A4 V2 but would want to have two fans mounted top/bottom to help with air circulation but most importantly to create a bit of positive pressure in the case so dust can't come in.

Can anyone suggest a similar case like ZS A4 V2/mjolnir that has two fan top/bottom option?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OnionFromOrion

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2019
SGPC's K99 is sandwich style and has supports for two top fans, although it's a bit taller since that space is meant for AIOs. You can order an aluminium side panel to replace the acrylic. And SGPC sells their own carry bags as well.
Kyle's Studio has the X1M, which is sandwich layout, has decent CPU clearance and supports two slim fans on top, and one full size fan at the bottom
Aside from SGPC's carry bags, there's a few others out there, no idea where to get custom stuff though:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=613103295159
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=610864218598

Although I do want to mention that SFF cases tend to be very easy to dust as usually you can access everything with the removal of 4 screws

Reactions: K G B

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Anyone have any decent looking mini-sandwich cases that support thin 92mm fans on the top for exhaust? I figure the extra width also likely gives room for a thicker heatsink on the CPU.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
SFF Taobao lurking time

T12-TG
Will be released end of April?
CPU cooler height 50-65mm? Can take a 240 radiator. GPU length to 300mm
Size is 12.5 L

SKTC 100
CPU cooler height of 80mm, GPU length of 310mm
Size is 13.5 L

DF1-I/DF1-M
Like more famous cases such as the Deng case and small one, except there's also an MATX version
CPU cooler height 135mm for the DF1-I, GPU length is 270mm
Size is 9.2L for the DF1-I, closer to 16L for the MATX or DF1-M

CNC ITX case aka Case with a monitor
Why haven't more people done this?
CPU cooler height of 85mm with SFX PSU, GPU length is 220mm
Doesn't include screen apparently, but at least it is built to accommodate one
Size is 10.85L

YTX MA4
Dan case with a rare 120mm rad cooler option
CPU cooler height is 65mm, GPU is 325mm without 120 rad, 272mm with a 120 rad
Size is 10.4L

GEEK Ghost S1
GEEK famously does DIY acrylic panel cases, but this seems to be metal
CPU cooler height is 55mm, GPU length s 315mm
Size is 10.6 L

G-A4L
just another dan case, with top 120mm fan options
CPU cooler height of 65mm, GPU length unsure, guess at least 300mm
Size is 10.6L

全铝M-ATX
I might have posted this before, but still impressed to see M-ATX in a case with a handle under 14L
CPU cooler height is 115mm, GPU length is 250mm (so only Zotac mini series and the PNY 2070 XLR8 OC edition at best?)
Size is 13.7L
and that handle! A HANDLE, GUYS! Though airflow is a little weird. But full access to all pci-e slots and still under 14L!!!

Last edited:

OnionFromOrion

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2019
That case's name is actually 掠夺者X86. Taobao vendors tend to name drop a few other cases for what seems to be search algorithm reasons.