Other What's on Taobao

yensteel

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2017
Hi,

has anyone ever seen a case with the following characteristics?

Ncase layout
3-slot, with room for 2 small fans underneath
2x front intake fans, with unobstructed access to fresh air
at least 160mm cpu cooler height

Thanks
How about the Lian Li Tu150? It has pretty good ventilation for the gpu so the fan limitations aren’t as big of a problem.

Monfy

Cable Smoosher
Jan 16, 2020
You already got your case delivered to the warehouse? It should be much faster as they just need to ship it. Mine was told to be end of March as they havent even start making my case lol. Hopefully everything can resolved soon enough.

Yes, it’s in my warehouse. However, there isn’t even a timeline for when Superbuy will resume international shipping. It just says “subject to further notice” or something similar. I wonder when I will approximately receive my case at this point. Could be in a couple weeks or a few months.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Thanks for the findings man! I added them all into the case list.

For Acat3, do you understand the price configurations with different side panels? I am a bit confused about it.

Standard ¥439 = double acrylic side panels with aluminium panels? Choose one of them? Or one acrylic and/or aluminium?
Package 1 ¥597 = tempered glass and aluminium?
Package 2 ¥699 = ?
+¥100 for one aluminium side panel
+¥30 for RGB switch

Standard is as per the photo. Left panel acrylic window
Package 1 = Left panel is aluminium (probably vented), Right panel is tempered glass
Package 2 = I've left a message with the seller, but I'm guessing its two aluminium panels EDIT: yes confirmed, price is for both panels to be made out of aluminium

Last two options are what I also understand them to be

Last edited:
Reactions: prayogahs

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Yes, it’s in my warehouse. However, there isn’t even a timeline for when Superbuy will resume international shipping. It just says “subject to further notice” or something similar. I wonder when I will approximately receive my case at this point. Could be in a couple weeks or a few months.
General consensus appears to be 18th of Feb is when most businesses will come back online

Reactions: Monfy and Nanop

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Just 2 random finds from ali:

It looks like this one can be customized on demand

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
Hi di hi, you glorious community, you! I’m after a bit of help understanding a taobao listing. I’ve tried google translate, but I can’t work out if the Loli1 case by Formula Case comes with a riser cable included or, if not, which model is the correct one for that case to add to the order. Has anyone any experience with that case, or a better comprehension of the listing than I’ve been able to reach? Many thanks in advance for any and all help you can offer! I'm really rather keen on it, over (say) the K39, owing to the additional top fans in a more useful size than the 80mm types. The M34 also appeals, but the quality of this one looks higher, and the improved GPU depth and CPU cooler height stands it apart somewhat. Going to pair it with an HDPLEX 200W AC-DC & DC-ATX combo, I think. Unless perhaps somewhat knows what this one is?

Last edited:

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Hi di hi, you glorious community, you! I’m after a bit of help understanding a taobao listing. I’ve tried google translate, but I can’t work out if the Loli1 case by Formula Case comes with a riser cable included or, if not, which model is the correct one for that case to add to the order. Has anyone any experience with that case, or a better comprehension of the listing than I’ve been able to reach? Many thanks in advance for any and all help you can offer! I'm really rather keen on it, over (say) the K39, owing to the additional top fans in a more useful size than the 80mm types. The M34 also appeals, but the quality of this one looks higher, and the improved GPU depth and CPU cooler height stands it apart somewhat. Going to pair it with an HDPLEX 200W AC-DC & DC-ATX combo, I think. Unless perhaps somewhat knows what this one is?

Hello,
I have this case on order. The seller said you should get a dual reverse 180mm riser. it does not come with a riser on hand.

Reactions: tinyitx

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
The quality of Formula Cases is said to be very high. Anything by SGPC is low quality, but cheap. Judging from the shape of the handle, that last case is most likely a Lzmod A18, V1 (which is superseded now).

If you like this form factor there's also the interstellar i1 and the LOUSU LSIG

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi di hi, you glorious community, you! I’m after a bit of help understanding a taobao listing. I’ve tried google translate, but I can’t work out if the Loli1 case by Formula Case comes with a riser cable included or, if not, which model is the correct one for that case to add to the order. Has anyone any experience with that case, or a better comprehension of the listing than I’ve been able to reach? Many thanks in advance for any and all help you can offer!

Loli1 does not come with a riser cable.
Check out this installation video. Note 5:30 begins to show the riser cable used.
There are some shops in Taobao which sell such riser cable. One example is:-
For Loli1, it lists ''dual reverse'' version (ie HL-002). It recommends 17cm long. But it takes order of custom length too. So, you can order 180mm if you wish.

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
Check out the B2 by zzaw.

And, of course, the 'classic' G5 Plus by metalfish.

Not sure if these are considered 'clone' enough though, not definitely in the same spirit.
Yeah but not close, neither in quality nor in style. I was hoping they would take Dune Pro and just shrink it to itx size. I guess they need it to ship first to clone it?

Also, what is the best Ghost clone, quality wise with integrated 240 AIO? Is it this
cube X1 or Vikingdom M1S ??

Also what is the best Ghost clone with a large tophat option? I've counted at least 6 clones:
Formula x1
WDEAN DORA R1S
GHOST S1A4 SFX
Ghost S1 mini
Dora1
Loli X1

Reactions: orangeteax

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Yeah but not close, neither in quality nor in style. I was hoping they would take Dune Pro and just shrink it to itx size. I guess they need it to ship first to clone it?

Also, what is the best Ghost clone, quality wise with integrated 240 AIO? Is it this
cube X1 or Vikingdom M1S ??

Also what is the best Ghost clone with a large tophat option? I've counted at least 6 clones:
Formula x1
WDEAN DORA R1S
GHOST S1A4 SFX
Ghost S1 mini
Dora1
Loli X1
The Vikingdom M1S is a lot bigger than the Cube X1. The Cube X1 is pretty well regarded for quality I think. But technically its not a Ghost clone, since it doesn't have the sliding panels. Its closer to a A4 clone.

Out of the Ghost clones its probably going to be the Formula X1 or Dora R1S. The Loli X1 is not available for purchase anymore.

The X1 is not strictly a clone, it has some alterations over the original Ghost. Here are some comparison images from the QQ group, red is the X1, right is an original Ghost S1.

First of all its taller and shorter.

Secondly you can see that the top hat is secured by larger (probably stronger?) magnets

Next we can see that the panel fitment is tighter on the X1 than the Ghost

We can also see that that chamfering on the ventilation holes is better on the X1

Didn't know how to caption this

sv3

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 19, 2020
Man the 2s looks so good. I have been wanting to move down to this size for a while.

However, having a 3700x and seeing the temps in the thread here: chiphell is a bit scary. Do you think there might be better luck with a loli1 instead? Maybe having the top fans could help out a bit. But if it wasnt for those temps, I would definitely go in on the 2s

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
The X1 is not strictly a clone, it has some alterations over the original Ghost. Here are some comparison images from the QQ group, red is the X1, right is an original Ghost S1.

Secondly you can see that the top hat is secured by larger (probably stronger?) magnets

Does that mean the tophat is attached by magnets to the main case, not screws?? How is it even possible?
Also, with Ghost there is a problem that you can't secure the top grill to a tophat, because there are no screw holes, like on the main body of the case (not sure why they did it this way but sucks because magnets are not good enough for security reasons for instance. Does X1 have the same issue?

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Man the 2s looks so good. I have been wanting to move down to this size for a while.

However, having a 3700x and seeing the temps in the thread here: chiphell is a bit scary. Do you think there might be better luck with a loli1 instead? Maybe having the top fans could help out a bit. But if it wasnt for those temps, I would definitely go in on the 2s

Ryzen 3xxx loves to spike in temps, but Ryzen 3700x with a Thermalright AXP-90 would be fine in keeping it in check, especially with long term tasks. If my Noctua L9A can keep a 3950X in eco mode at a constant ~71 or so while gaming for hours, a Thermalright AXP-90 (47mm CPU height) will be fine!

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
It looks like the Formula 2s V6.0 is finally available for purchase

Has a removable panel a la Ghost

Overall dimensions: 22x11.4x18.2cm = 4.6L
CPU heatsink height: 48mm
GPU support: 181mm, 42mm wide
2.5 inch drives: 3x or 1x15mm + 1x7mm

That looks really good, better than any of the other mini sandwich cases on the market I think.

I still think most of these cases would benefit from a few extra mm on top or on the front to allow for ventilation fans though.