Other What's on Taobao

Nanop

Cable Smoosher
Jan 20, 2020
Hello,
here for some advices ^^ , do you have any idea about the build quality of

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=611803897758

or

I am looking for a new case, classic layout and if possible with some place for AIO (but not necessary) i ve seen the Sunmilo C01 and C01s which look pretty well constructed.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Hello,
here for some advices ^^ , do you have any idea about the build quality of

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=611803897758

or

I am looking for a new case, classic layout and if possible with some place for AIO (but not necessary) i ve seen the Sunmilo C01 and C01s which look pretty well constructed.
No idea on the quality of Ultra Civilz M1 as doesnt seem to be reviewed by users. Not sure whether its still selling or not. Alphs is still on prototyping/preorder so cant comment on quality. But based on Warheads other cases, it should have decent quality for the price but may not be as good as Sunmilo or Deng cases. Some choices are Mechanic Master C26, Deng F12 or F15 Pro. Deng cases have really good quality and have support for AIOs.

Nanop

Cable Smoosher
Jan 20, 2020
No idea on the quality of Ultra Civilz M1 as doesnt seem to be reviewed by users. Not sure whether its still selling or not. Alphs is still on prototyping/preorder so cant comment on quality. But based on Warheads other cases, it should have decent quality for the price but may not be as good as Sunmilo or Deng cases. Some choices are Mechanic Master C26, Deng F12 or F15 Pro. Deng cases have really good quality and have support for AIOs.

Thank you, I love the master C26 but asked an agent on superbuy and they told me that it s not in production anymore, the F15 pro is 'big' and in that case i would go with the Lian li TU 150 which is a pretty nice case even if it doesn't support AIO but it can fit the biggest of tower cooler which is pretty nice, and concerning the F12 thanks to @tinyitx i know that Deng have a very well built cases but i don't know what to think about the lack of connectors on the front.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Ultra Civiliz M1 's title says ''現貨氧化 三天可發'' which I take it to mean their current stock begins to have oxidation and the seller is eager to sell as quickly as possible and can deliver within 3 days.
How little or how bad is the oxidation is unknown. If you go this route, contact the seller to confirm. The case is supposed to be mostly Aluminum and so....

This case does support AIO. See this build log:- (use google translate or whatever)
Build quality should be quite OK but not as good as MK3s or SmallestOne, so said by the builder.

Sunmilo cases are usually well made and of good quality. If you like the look and the internal layout, consider them by all means.

Last edited:

def

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020
I have ordered the Ultra Civiliz M1 end of last year via superbuy. The communication is very very slow and hard with this seller. I requested some modifications.
At the moment I am still waiting for an answer.. :D

OnionFromOrion

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2019
Reactions: Nanop

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Warhead design has several cases out already, it's probably best to look at actual pictures from buyers of their other cases to get a rough idea of the quality to expect from them
I've got a Warhead Sans. It's not good quality. I think it comes down to the construction method. Other designers will use thick sheets of metal that has been machined to create all the panels, external and internal. Warhead seems to use a lot of thin steel panels, which you can see in the renders of that link

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I've got a Warhead Sans. It's not good quality. I think it comes down to the construction method. Other designers will use thick sheets of metal that has been machined to create all the panels, external and internal. Warhead seems to use a lot of thin steel panels, which you can see in the renders of that link
Maybe this new case Alphs is different?
It is ''1.5mm Aluminum sheet bending (for internal frame) + 3mm CNC external frame''.
But this is completely new and so there is no actual user's report. It is quite 'cheap' at 599 RMB.
One thing I cannot figure out is the airflow of this case, particularly how fresh outside air gets into the case for the CPU air cooler. From the pics, it looks like air will enter through the bottom panel (assisted with a 12015 intake fan), which looks quite 'restrictive'.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Just a heads up for the coronavirus situation might affect orders.

Bought the 12.8L Seven M1 case before CNY and whole virus situation got out of control and the seller told me it will ship end of Feb. They just messaged me yesterday that the case delivery will be delayed till end of March.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Maybe this new case Alphs is different?
It is ''1.5mm Aluminum sheet bending (for internal frame) + 3mm CNC external frame''.
But this is completely new and so there is no actual user's report. It is quite 'cheap' at 599 RMB.
One thing I cannot figure out is the airflow of this case, particularly how fresh outside air gets into the case for the CPU air cooler. From the pics, it looks like air will enter through the bottom panel (assisted with a 12015 intake fan), which looks quite 'restrictive'.

Maybe. But its essentially a horizontal version of the Dual Cool and you can see that the panels are thin on that as well. For example:

The black sheet of metal has been bent to form the corners. If we look at something that has been assembled from panels:

Each piece has been crafted from a much thicker piece of material. Corners are made by screwing panels together. This is probably why Warhead's cases are very cheap, the materials are less expensive.

I'm willing to bet that those sheets are much thicker than 1.5mm.

According to the renders it appears that its not a sandwich case, but something like the Deng series:

It looks like theres an intake fan at the bottom, 2x exhaust fans at the rear, and also another fan directly above where the CPU heatsink would be. That explains the bigger set of air vents on the right hand side of the case, as opposed to the left which only has a vent for the power supply.

Graphics card sits on top, with fresh air through the vented panel at the top. Could be quite good from an airflow perspective. What's different is that usually the graphics card is positioned on the bottom, so this is a pretty cool innovation.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Recent updates from my browsing:

Mechanical Master has a new vertical case on presale, the T12-TG

Supports 240mm watercooling, with total height of 60mm for radiator and fans

Overall dimensions: 24.7x13.7x37cm = 12.5L
CPU heatsink height: 65 mm
Maximum GPU length: 300 mm, 320 mm for 50 mm wide cards
2.5 inch drives: 3x15mm + 1x10mm

New case from 浪险电竞. I'm going to call them Langfang E-Sports. It's apparently just called the A4

Overall dimensions: 32.2x14.5x23cm = 10.7L
CPU heatsink height: 67 mm
Maximum GPU length: 290 mm

CP-3 from 临界机箱 / Critical Cases

Supports 240mm water cooling

Overall dimensions: 32.2x15.7x24.6cm = 12.4L
CPU heatsink height: 138 mm
Maximum GPU length: 317 mm, 60mm thickness
Disk support: 2x 3.5" + 1x 2.5" or 7x 2.5"

WDEAN DORA R1S

Haven't checked what is different between this and the D1S, but its another Ghost S1 clone. There's apparently a comparison video and/or chart on the QQ chat group, but I couldn't find it with my limited Chinese skills.

Overall dimensions: 31x18x18.4cm = 7.9L
CPU heatsink height: 68 mm
Maximum GPU length: 306 mm, 48mm thickness

Acat Acat1 (Air Cooling Version)

The fact that this one is marked as the air cooled model and the title mentions water cooling makes me assume that there will be a water cooled version of this case.

Overall dimensions: 30x12.9x18cm = 7L
CPU heatsink height: 59 mm
Maximum GPU length: 300 mm, 50 mm thickness

Acat Acat3 (Air Cooling Version)

Overall dimensions: 27.8x15.3x21.5cm = 9.1L
Maximum GPU length: 271 mm, 45 mm thickness

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Recent updates from my browsing:

Mechanical Master has a new vertical case on presale, the T12-TG

Supports 240mm watercooling, with total height of 60mm for radiator and fans

Overall dimensions: 24.7x13.7x37cm = 12.5L
CPU heatsink height: 65 mm
Maximum GPU length: 300 mm, 320 mm for 50 mm wide cards
2.5 inch drives: 3x15mm + 1x10mm

New case from 浪险电竞. I'm going to call them Langfang E-Sports. It's apparently just called the A4

Overall dimensions: 32.2x14.5x23cm = 10.7L
CPU heatsink height: 67 mm
Maximum GPU length: 290 mm

CP-3 from 临界机箱 / Critical Cases

Supports 240mm water cooling

Overall dimensions: 32.2x15.7x24.6cm = 12.4L
CPU heatsink height: 138 mm
Maximum GPU length: 317 mm, 60mm thickness
Disk support: 2x 3.5" + 1x 2.5" or 7x 2.5"

WDEAN DORA R1S

Haven't checked what is different between this and the D1S, but its another Ghost S1 clone. There's apparently a comparison video and/or chart on the QQ chat group, but I couldn't find it with my limited Chinese skills.

Overall dimensions: 31x18x18.4cm = 7.9L
CPU heatsink height: 68 mm
Maximum GPU length: 306 mm, 48mm thickness

Acat Acat1 (Air Cooling Version)

The fact that this one is marked as the air cooled model and the title mentions water cooling makes me assume that there will be a water cooled version of this case.

Overall dimensions: 30x12.9x18cm = 7L
Maximum GPU length: 300 mm, 50 mm thickness

Acat Acat3 (Air Cooling Version)

Overall dimensions: 27.8x15.3x21.5cm = 9.1L
Maximum GPU length: 271 mm, 45 mm thickness
Thanks for the findings man! I added them all into the case list.

For Acat3, do you understand the price configurations with different side panels? I am a bit confused about it.

Standard ¥439 = double acrylic side panels with aluminium panels? Choose one of them? Or one acrylic and/or aluminium?
Package 1 ¥597 = tempered glass and aluminium?
Package 2 ¥699 = ?
+¥100 for one aluminium side panel
+¥30 for RGB switch

Monfy

Cable Smoosher
Jan 16, 2020

Bought the 12.8L Seven M1 case before CNY and whole virus situation got out of control and the seller told me it will ship end of Feb. They just messaged me yesterday that the case delivery will be delayed till end of March.

my ZS A4v2 is stuck in my warehouse because of the Coronavirus until end of March?! I just got my black ridge today as well... I hope everyone over in China is okay and things resolve smoothly. ?

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
my ZS A4v2 is stuck in my warehouse because of the Coronavirus until end of March?! I just got my black ridge today as well... I hope everyone over in China is okay and things resolve smoothly. ?
You already got your case delivered to the warehouse? It should be much faster as they just need to ship it. Mine was told to be end of March as they havent even start making my case lol. Hopefully everything can resolved soon enough.

def

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020

Have ordered the case as described or have you talked to the seller and made some modifications?

harry2009

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2018
Hi,

has anyone ever seen a case with the following characteristics?

Ncase layout
3-slot, with room for 2 small fans underneath
2x front intake fans, with unobstructed access to fresh air
at least 160mm cpu cooler height

Thanks

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Hi,

has anyone ever seen a case with the following characteristics?

Ncase layout
3-slot, with room for 2 small fans underneath
2x front intake fans, with unobstructed access to fresh air
at least 160mm cpu cooler height

Thanks
Cant really find a case with those requirements, especially front intake fans and 160mm cooler height. Some cases I can find that support some a part of your requirements are Sunmilo C01, SKTC Q1/Q2/Q3, POLARCASE SC, Deng F15 Pro, Mechanic Master C34.

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Cant really find a case with those requirements, especially front intake fans and 160mm cooler height. Some cases I can find that support some a part of your requirements are Sunmilo C01, SKTC Q1/Q2/Q3, POLARCASE SC, Deng F15 Pro, Mechanic Master C34.
Yes, right on. I think 'unobstructed front intake fans' is more harder to find than '160mm cooler support'.
Of these 3 requirements, I think '160mm cooler' is relatively least useful.
I was looking for such a case myself and I did some extensive research and came up with nothing. Unless something new came up in the past 6 months or so, the chance of having such a case is very slim.

I finally settled on a Deng F15 (for 3-slot support + fan ; 150mm CPU cooler). At that time, I also discovered Sunmilo T02 Pro (unobstructed front intake fans). It is a nice case but unfortunately, it was already discontinued.