Other What's on Taobao

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Not that I expected everything to go perfectly when ordering with Superbuy, but when paying for the international shipping, I apparently paid for an estimated parcel weight, only.

Shortly after I paid, I got a message saying that the weight was higher than estimated, and that I need to pay more, potentially delaying the shipment. I get a choice to cancel the shipment, refund, and start over, or continue the shipment but having to pay an additional fee 3 days later, or something. Now it probably gets delayed into the Chinese New Year, when they take time off. Sigh.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I was just checking this thread one more time before embarking on that research myself. =) I would suppose it would fit, but I'm even more interested to know how thick its stock fan assembly is - I'd much rather run 2 x NF-A12x15s on it.

EDIT : Found this thread on reddit :

In terms of actual heatsink measurement, looks like it's somewhere between 34 and 35 mm, so that part looks OK - but, in there, someone has a pic of the Accelero's backplate. Never thought that would be a problem, but the thing sticks out like 8mm! I don't know why they have those huge spacers between the backplate and the PCB - might be possible to not use them...?
It shouldn't be 8mm out the back. According to the manual not uses 3.5mm spacers + the thickens of the backplate (should be ~2mm). Unless the Eva foam is so thick it bulges that much.... But I think it would be 4mm thick foam. So I think it should stick out the back maybe 6mm at most.

jonomarkono

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 18, 2020
Hello everyone, new member here. Creating this account because I want to engage with sff community ?

Some question, I'm interested in buying a case from taobao. My preferences are 240 AIO support, and around 10-11L volume.

I'm currently eyeing the T03 but I'm not too fond with the glass panel. Is it possible to request for full aluminium side panel?
I'm planning to buy the stuff via superbuy if that's any help

Also, if there's any more suggestion I'm open for more option.
Thanks, cheers!

Reactions: ChrisMCP

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hello everyone, new member here. Creating this account because I want to engage with sff community ?

Some question, I'm interested in buying a case from taobao. My preferences are 240 AIO support, and around 10-11L volume.

I'm currently eyeing the T03 but I'm not too fond with the glass panel. Is it possible to request for full aluminium side panel?
I'm planning to buy the stuff via superbuy if that's any help

Also, if there's any more suggestion I'm open for more option.
Thanks, cheers!

@prayogahs made an awesome list. They are organized by size, you can see if cases support 240mm aio and if they have glass or alu side panel options.
The sgpc k99 comes to mind and is Available on AliExpress also. It come with glass side panels, but also has alu panels as an option.
The build quality on the k99 will be lower than the t03 However...
Th

jonomarkono

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 18, 2020

@prayogahs made an awesome list. They are organized by size, you can see if cases support 240mm aio and if they have glass or alu side panel options.
The sgpc k99 comes to mind and is Available on AliExpress also. It come with glass side panels, but also has alu panels as an option.
The build quality on the k99 will be lower than the t03 However...
Th

Ah, I see. Will definitely check that page. Yeah I read about the quality difference too, from the post in p36, I think?
Does the build quality difference really that far apart?

Anw, thanks for the suggestion

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

Possibly yes and no, I think.
No, because the case is offered in 2 standard packages only. Package 1: both side panels are tempered glass. Package 2: GPU side has Al panel with vent holes and the CPU side has TG panel.

Possibly yes, the pics seem to show that side panel on both sides is attached with same screw positions. So, I imagine you can attach an Al panel (meant for the GPU side) onto the CPU side. Now, since there is no existing stock and each case has to be ordered, I suppose you can order Al panel for both sides. But, the trick is you must contact Sunmilo and confirm whether he can cater this for you (and the corresponding price change).

jonomarkono

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 18, 2020
Possibly yes and no, I think.
No, because the case is offered in 2 standard packages only. Package 1: both side panels are tempered glass. Package 2: GPU side has Al panel with vent holes and the CPU side has TG panel.

Possibly yes, the pics seem to show that side panel on both sides is attached with same screw positions. So, I imagine you can attach an Al panel (meant for the GPU side) onto the CPU side. Now, since there is no existing stock and each case has to be ordered, I suppose you can order Al panel for both sides. But, the trick is you must contact Sunmilo and confirm whether he can cater this for you (and the corresponding price change).

Ah, I see. Thanks for the input, think I'll try going for that route.

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
@Vonwilbur I’m super interested to see more pictures your deep ash ZS-A4 v2, especially built and on a desk. Has it come in by chance?
It actually came in on Thursday, I just posted on reddit about the case. I'm very happy with it, especially paired with the AXP-90. The color is beautiful in person and the case has great build quality, very sturdy with very minor imperfections in some places. Here's the post, let me know if you have any questions!

Monfy

Cable Smoosher
Jan 16, 2020
It actually came in on Thursday, I just posted on reddit about the case. I'm very happy with it, especially paired with the AXP-90. The color is beautiful in person and the case has great build quality, very sturdy with very minor imperfections in some places. Here's the post, let me know if you have any questions!
Wow I didnt expect such a detailed review. That’s wonderful, thanks. Glad It’s a good experience with the case so far.

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
Wow I didnt expect such a detailed review. That’s wonderful, thanks. Glad It’s a good experience with the case so far.
Thanks! I tried to include as much information for others who are interested in the case, as I find it really helps to read reviews. I'm going to be searching for a good carrying bag/backpack for the case soon so I'll probably make a post about that when I come across one I like.

TheAquaticZissouLife

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 17, 2020

I LOVE the look of that case! The review is fantastic, thanks! Question for you: How much did you spend overall on the case and shipping? I'm pretty sure you have persuaded me into buying this case! Thanks!

Reactions: smitty2k1

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
I LOVE the look of that case! The review is fantastic, thanks! Question for you: How much did you spend overall on the case and shipping? I'm pretty sure you have persuaded me into buying this case! Thanks!
Thanks I appreciate it and I'm glad you like it as much as I do haha! For the case, the PSU cables, and the riser cables it was ~$160 and then another $60 for shipping so all in all it was around 220 USD.

Monfy

Cable Smoosher
Jan 16, 2020

Hello, I did a translation of the ZS A4 V2 instruction manual that the original seller on taobao provides. It's pretty roughly translated and contains outdated information which I have added notes for, but it should work ok.
This is going to be mad helpful when my case arrives. Thanks! I’ll also try to do a review with pictures once I finish the build. It’s only right to give back to this amazing community!

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
anyone know nas case from taobao or smaller sff that can fit 3x3.5 disk? i dont mind doing some mods to fit them just want the smallest case as possible. i have a itx board and will probably use a flex psu

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
anyone know nas case from taobao or smaller sff that can fit 3x3.5 disk? i dont mind doing some mods to fit them just want the smallest case as possible. i have a itx board and will probably use a flex psu

Would like to know as well, even better if there is one that can fit 4x3.5 disk. Currently using a CM110 for my unRaid Box looking to either downsize and/or expand with more disk but same size or smaller.