Other What's on Taobao

Clipz98

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2019
No, trust me, do not buy straight from Taobao,
Taobao is a marketplace, there is a lottery of product quality, seller reputation...
I ordered through Superbuy:
- They have great customer online support
- They help you for almost anything (negotiating, delivery issues...)

My first case wasn't perfect with some minor defects, my agent warned me about it and negotiated on her owns with seller in order to return package without any handle fees
I got pictures when they receive package
Second issue, my new package was stuck at chinese custom domestic and they sent it back to warehouse
I found this combo Taobao/Superbuy even better than Aliexpress which most of my order went into a litige and sellers are bad faith and trying to offer very small compensation (like few usd of refund)
Yeah, that's definitely a great case for the agents that I can see myself paying a bit more for than if I were to do so myself. I've heard enough things about Superbuy that, to be honest, I'd probably use them or another agent at first just to test waters if I ever order from TB finally. I haven't really had a bad experience with slightly more expensive items from AE (at least not yet), so I may just be lucky. I think I'm just more spoiled by Ali's more streamlined experience and not having to use ghetto Google translations in order to navigate the damn site, much less place an order haha.

Reactions: aggressivehog

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
I got many of dropshipping from my orders on Aliexpress
They deliberately misinform you and expect you to wait a week maybe more to get shipped
The other cons on Aliexpress, they sent sometimes wrong product or being out of stock
I received wrong product due to the product homepage, similar product but it aint exactly same
Using Taobao through Superbuy, you can still cancel within 24 hours and of course finding a product rarely seen anywhere else
The downsides its international shipping, it may not pass through custom which i ve experienced
Either way, in both case, you have to take some risks
Google translation isn't an huge deal breaker, i assume you did translated into english?
Google english translation is good enough, at least sentences cannot be misinterpreted
It takes time to get used to order on Taobao/Superbuy, once you ve done it, you ll be fine

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Noctuas are good. Scythe kaze flex slim 120 is decent. And I've heard good things about the Id-cooling no-9015 (slim 92mm).

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Any silent slim fans (92mm or 120mm) you guys recommend?
I have one of the Noctua NF-A12x15 I am using with an IS-60 and it is really good. I am also using 2 Scythe Kaze Flex with a 240mm radiator. The Noctua is a bit better with higher airflow and a bit quieter. The Scythe are about $10 cheaper though.

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
Got my order on the M69 processed and submitted and shipped out today! cant wait to get it even it was red colour =) i had a really luck with the superbuy agent kellyding helping me and speeding up things! now just need to find a mini keyboard :D

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
My order on the ZS-A4 V2 finally got stored at the superbuy warehouse and I got to ship it! I was a little concerned that the color was not the space gray I requested so I asked my agent to ask for a contrast picture between the standard silver and the "deep gray" finish, and I figured here would be a good place to post the comparison. The I attached the inspection pictures as well as the color comparison below, to me it looks like it may still be silver instead of the gray but it could just be the lighting.

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
That's what I figured, I cancelled the parcel and asked my agent to confirm whether it is the silver or deep gray color before I ship it again.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
To me it looks gray(especially in the 3rd photo where to box is blocking some direct/harsh light) If you look at the comparison photo, you can see that the silver it more reflective of the light. Then looking back at the original pictures they don't reflect light the same way(as the silver does).... Now I don't think it's space gray (like apple) but it does look gray compared to the silver.

Last edited:

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
To me it looks gray(especially in the 3rd photo where to box is blocking some direct/harsh light) If you look at the comparison photo, you can see that the silver it more reflective of the light. Then looking back at the original pictures they don't reflect light the same way.... Now I don't think it's space gray (like apple) but it does look gray compared to the silver.

The deep gray does look very similar to the silver, someone on taobao posted a review of the gray color and in some shots it looks indistinguishable from the silver. I think the main difference is the shine rather than the brightness of the anodization, which was not the case on the previous revision of the case. I might just end up un-cancelling the order and taking what color it comes out to be, I've waited long enough for it haha.

EDIT:
On second thought I will wait for the agent to respond, I've waited this long so I can wait a few days longer. I've also noticed that in other superbuy inspection photos the products look brighter than they do in real life, so I have a good feeling that it is probably grey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poblopuablo

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Silver or gray silver whatsoever, it looks clean and sleek either way
I actually like the color rendering from the photos

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
My agent got back to me and sent me this picture of the case, and I'm glad to say it is much closer to the color I hoped it would be! Poblopuablo was right, the pictures were deceiving and you can really see in this picture that the grey color has much less of a metallic sheen than the silver. Overall I'm happy and super excited to get this thing to build in! (I'm also receiving the AXP90 CPU cooler to use in this case, I'll try to post some temps on my 1800x once everything is together.)

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hey guys, sorta longtime lurker here.

I'm looking for another case, since the Velka 5 just got a 40 USD price increase with no explanation behind it. I would love to buy the A4S (if I can squish my MSI GTX 1080Ti Aero at 269 mm in it).

But I don't get the TaoBao website. It doesn't even list the price of the case itself? https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a21wu.12321156-tw.0.0.6da74d71wy6677&id=607127322062
  • ¥ 760.00
  • About USD 109.35
Cconvert the ¥ to USD. Conversation rate is ~ $1.00(USD) = ~7.00 CNY ¥

Edit: GPU compartment is 269mm*42.5mm*140mm

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
My agent got back to me and sent me this picture of the case, and I'm glad to say it is much closer to the color I hoped it would be! Poblopuablo was right, the pictures were deceiving and you can really see in this picture that the grey color has much less of a metallic sheen than the silver. Overall I'm happy and super excited to get this thing to build in! (I'm also receiving the AXP90 CPU cooler to use in this case, I'll try to post some temps on my 1800x once everything is together.)

How did you get them to inspect it for you? I am trying to order it on Superbuy and I am told that inspection service is not available for this category of products:
1578479613040.png

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
How did you get them to inspect it for you? I am trying to order it on Superbuy and I am told that inspection service is not available for this category of products:
View attachment 349
I got the same message on my order but was still sent inspection photos of the case, as well as the PSU cables and PCIE riser, without any other action on my part.

Reactions: bubbl3