Other What's on Taobao

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The accurate height of that K29 is 48mm, not 40mm.
48mm - (2x panel thickness of 1.5mm) - (2x 1 mm top and bottom clearance) = 43mm for max height of the display card.
In this pic, you see the 43mm thick MSI 2060 Aero fits tightly.
So, this is more like a 3.6 litre case.
I read that heat management can be a challenge.

This question was asked and answered by the seller.

I think, this seller is not trying to deliberately deceive with an inaccurate spec.
Actually, I notice a number of sellers were/are too eager to post a specification even while the case is still in the design stage. Maybe he wishes to test the waters or wants to get feedback from interested buyers (?)

Anyway, when the case finally goes into production, the seller is not 'professional' enough to quickly update the original posted spec with the final spec. In addition, sometimes after selling out the first batch, a case maker will make adjustments to the second batch without changing the original spec in the product page. To cover this possibility, they would put a note on the product page, saying something like ''the posted details are not necessarily the final spec. Contact the seller beforehand to confirm.''
So, a good practice to buy a Taobao case is to contact the seller for confirmation or wait for some user reports while not jumping for the very first batch.

Last edited:
Reactions: prayogahs and BaK

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Another brief hit of taobao searches. A lot more bulk manufacturers entering the space.

ABEE RS01
239mm x 162mm x 335mm, 12.97L, looks to be a sorta smaller NCase M1. With more color options.

S3 ITX
been seeing this one quite often, 200mm * 250mm * 105mm, so 5.25 L, has a handle and longer GPU restriction at 195mm

Razer Antex Cube
Not at all SFF, just thought it was interesting that Razer is branding a case now

Mate4
A full ATX, but hear me out: most ATX towers are not under 25L. This one is 24.15L, 360mm x172m x 390mm, can hold 240 Rad at top and bottom. The smallest ATX case I know of that's commercial is the Thermaltake G3, but it's tall. This one is a little less so, but then it's wider as a result.

LD03
Not in anyway SFF either, but is interesting ITX vertical glass tower.

Less big corporation cases

Nova1024
Another DanCase A4, but has top capable of 3 fans

HTPC M-ATX
Uses the 1U or flexATX psu, 360mm x 240mm x 140mm or 12L, can only take the low profile GPU it seems, but has a handle

HGL ITX A4
Another A4, but it allows for 240 rad on top, and has a handle. No information on size and availability, but taking preorders?

CP-Two
Another A4 clone, with 240 rad support. 333mm*144mm*240mm, 11.5 L, the ventilation looks to be much more compared to others.

Customer images

Some FlexPSU sellers.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...a380739-3d3e-4108-ae90-c95ddd3015bc&utparam={"x_hestia_source"%3A"42296"%2C"x_object_type"%3A"item"%2C"x_mt"%3A0%2C"x_src"%3A"42296"%2C"x_pos"%3A2%2C"x_pvid"%3A"9a380739-3d3e-4108-ae90-c95ddd3015bc"%2C"x_object_id"%3A596285092810%7D

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Making a round up of all cases that look interesting to me here so that I don't have to constantly browse this thread over and over XD:

[Sandwich Layout - 240mm AIO]

High End:
Sunmilo T03
BS2
Cube x1
K02
Midrange:
SGPC K99
Warhead Micro
Critical cp-two
SKTC S02
Jonsbo A4
Seven SL-A4
所及 A4
Lesser Known:
UC-A4S
UC-跨越V1
HGL A4
RDX1024

[Sandwich Layout]

Top/Bottom Case Fans:
ZS-A4
LZ-A4
Cube x1m
Seven FL-A4
Geeklab Frontier-S
Warhead Watercooled Happy Box L
Coolfish G5 Plus
Nova1024
No Extra Fans:
K01
Formula x1 (Ghost S1 clone)
SGPC K55
Flex PSU:
ZS-A4S
Geeklab Founder's ITX

[Sandwich Layout - ITX GPU]
To be updated...

Last edited:

Ariamella

Trash Compacter
Aug 19, 2019
Who would be a good seller to go to if I wanted a custom A4-style case with 280mm rad support in the top and bottom?

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Who would be a good seller to go to if I wanted a custom A4-style case with 280mm rad support in the top and bottom?
Don't think I've seen any, and I've p much browsed this thread completely 4 times by now. Why would a Cerberus not fit your needs?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I really like the look of the Metalfish Coolfish S3 with SFX support that's been recently mentioned.
I've never bought anything from China other than via ebay.
It would be coming to the UK, how do I go about shopping for it with an English speaking agent and check the full shipping costs before buying?
I'd also want to confirm what the case comes with, it looks like the PCIe riser and handle are included, but I'd need to be sure.
I see Panlishop has been recommended here, but wouldn't know what to look for in an agent.
Thanks

cheese

Efficiency Noob
Aug 31, 2019
I'm looking to buy the Loli1 v2 case. Wondering if I should go this route or go with a different maker? Anyone have experience with <~4L cases on Taobao?

Also, I'm seeing varying prices for pcie riser cables. Is the one I'm listing overpriced? Also, how do I determine the weight of a case? Do I have to wait for the items to be delivered to the local warehouse (using Superbuy)? Seems like in most cases listing does not include the weight of the item.

pcie riser cable from Formula.
cheaper version of pcie extension
Loli1 v2 (worth the price difference between this and the zs-a4m or k39?)

i'm also seeing varying prices for 500w modular flex psu's on taobao.
would this be sufficient? I also saw an HZ Mod variant and it was way pricier.

Last edited:

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Because it can't fit 2x280 rads with a windowed side panel as far as I know
Cerberus X fits 2x 240mm AIOs with acrylic side panel if you're willing to go a bit smaller on the AIO

I'm looking to buy the Loli1 v2 case. Wondering if I should go this route or go with a different maker? Anyone have experience with <~4L cases on Taobao?

Also, I'm seeing varying prices for pcie riser cables. Is the one I'm listing overpriced? Also, how do I determine the weight of a case? Do I have to wait for the items to be delivered to the local warehouse (using Superbuy)? Seems like in most cases listing does not include the weight of the item.

pcie riser cable from Formula.
cheaper version of pcie extension
Loli1 v2 (worth the price difference between this and the zs-a4m or k39?)

i'm also seeing varying prices for 500w modular flex psu's on taobao.
would this be sufficient? I also saw an HZ Mod variant and it was way pricier.
Both the Loli1 v2 and the zs-a4m are great cases, the loli is bigger and offers better CPU cooling and storage options, while if you want something smaller you can get the zs-a4m.
The formula riser cable is 300mm, while the lzmod one is 200mm, I'd be careful with substituting it out in case it doesn't fit.
I haven't heard of the PSU brand in the first link, but the HZ mod one is a modified Enhance 7660b (which is p much the best flex PSU you can buy atm) which probably explains why it's so expensive.

Reactions: cheese

Sam

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
M1 alternatives

Reactions: renecop545

Ariamella

Trash Compacter
Aug 19, 2019
By SFF case, what volume are you going to entertain with as I imagine a case being able to hold 2x280mm rad is going to be a 'large' SFF case?
Yeah I'm aware, I was hoping for something similar to the Sliger SM580 with some of that extra room for fan/rad mounting on the top shifted to the bottom. It has 72mm for fan/rad mounting above the spine so if you move 17mm of that to the bottom and add 13mm ish or so to the overall height of the case at the bottom to get 55mm for fan/rad mounting top and bottom, you'd get 357mm x 155mm x 300mm which would be 16.6L.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
M1 alternatives
Apparently for the last one, certain graphics cards are tight fit for the PSU cables.