Other What's on Taobao

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thanx for the info!
This is inspiring, finally a good reason to have a glass panel!
Just have to find out how to connect HDMI and mini USB (5V?) internally...
This sample installation video shows both the USB and HDMI cables go from the rear of the motherboard and the display card into the case interior (via the 3rd case rear slot) to connect to the little monitor.
Starts watching around 2:15 if you do not want to follow the little story.

Reactions: BaK

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
this case looks really interesting, a 16.5L fanless design that can support 65w cpu and 120w gpus

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...tt0FG3&id=581630718996&ns=1&abbucket=8#detail

Reminds me of this case, except with half the amount of heat pipes. I guess that explains why the CPU is limited to only 65W and GPU to 120W.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
I strongly suggest to buy from this shop, formula case, I live in china and have gone through 7-8 custom cases. these guys make the best quality I have seen so far, better than any retail one I have owned as well

I have recently built their loli's bigger brother that supports SFX power supplies, pictures below

How does airflow work in that case lol? Looks like the CPU cooler is entirely choked by the glass panel, and I don't see any bottom intake fans. The rear of the case looks completely sealed off too

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
I would add to your list the MK3s. I originally wanted to have one but each time when it was opened for pre-ordering, the number of people was so large that it needs a lottery system. And its waiting period is just too long. So, I have just ordered a Deng F15 for an upcoming build for a buddy. Might give a brief review when it arrives.
Would definitely appreciate a build log, I've been browsing through this build of the Deng F12 all day and it's been making it hard for me to not just rip open my wallet and order it...

Reactions: Poblopuablo

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
@Rjk1617 thanks for posting that list. Just ending up purchasing the grey f15. I really wanted the f12, but didn’t like the power extension hole.

Reactions: Rjk1617

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Would definitely appreciate a build log, I've been browsing through this build of the Deng F12 all day and it's been making it hard for me to not just rip open my wallet and order it...
Sure, I can put up a build log. But it will not be an all-in-one-go type but rather a longer log. This Deng F15 is the first of all the components of the new system. (I have some 'control' over what components to buy and I have convinced my buddy to go for this SFF case.) Other hardwares will be purchased gradually over the next coming 6 months. Hopefully, all components will be collected and ready by next summer. My buddy wish to build this system with an Intel 10th generation Ice Lake CPU, which should come out sometime next year.
Anyway, I expect to receive the F15 sometime next week. Once I have it, I will create a build log.

@Rjk1617 thanks for posting that list. Just ending up purchasing the grey f15. I really wanted the f12, but didn’t like the power extension hole.
I personally do not mind the F12's power extension hole but as I want more clearance for CPU air cooling and also 3-slot space for GPU, I have ordered a grey F15 as well. I expect to have it next week. But I will not start the building until sometime next summer, the earliest. So, I bet you will build sooner. And I look forward to your build.

Reactions: renecop545

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
How did you go about ordering it? Where are you located? I'm in the US and thought about getting it through taobao, but just wondering about others. :)

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
How did you go about ordering it? Where are you located? I'm in the US and thought about getting it through taobao, but just wondering about others.

I’m in the US as well - purchased using SuperBuy. Total at the moment is 250 for the grey Watercooling option for radiator mount. Probably need to spend another 40 for shipping, but won’t know that until it actually ship.

Reactions: Poblopuablo

hellotimmutton

Chassis Packer
Jan 6, 2019
this one can be easily purchased at an english taobao agent: Panlishop.com as follow:
http://www.panlishop.com/product/detail/600326254848.html
I really like this style of design, cool to see a version that supports sfx and full size graphics cards. I wonder if it could be made smaller by using a tfx power supply

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Metal fish just released what I believe is the smallest case possible that supports a 17 cm GPU @ 2.9L !!!!!

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...seqNFx&id=586965287081&ns=1&abbucket=8#detail
This vendor's claim of the case volumes seems to be misleading at times. The k55 which was written as 5.5L in the product page is actually measured to be around 6.5-6.7L by people who bought them. The 2.9L claim of the K29 seems unrealistic too. It says the case thickness is 4cm, while the max PSU height and GPU max thickness is 40 and 43 mm respectively. What about the panel thickness? Not to mention clearances, which clearly cannot be zero. Their cases seems to be pretty damn good value in the sff market, but just saying those measurements should be taken with a spoonful of salt.