Other What's on Taobao

encore2097

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2019
That is built by the same guy who made the smallest one case. According to hlxino the smallest one is the holy grail in China at the moment, and looking at the photos from item page it does look very high quality - so I think its safe to assume it'll be a good case. The BS2 looks out of stock from the July preorder though, and theres a note there to say that it when the next batch is ready for ordering there will be an announcement on the item page.

Also, it comes in two flavours, water cooled and air cooled. Interestingly enough, the air cooled version costs more. The seller has also got a post on Chiphell with an overview of the case
Holy. That Chiphell post looks amazing.

That chiphell post is amazing. I want this for my ATX board ~_~

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Anyone here bought any modular Flex ATX power supplies from Taobao? What has been your experience with them? I want to know if these modded power supplies are brand new or have signs of wear/use. Would seem sketchy if someone were to sell them as if they were like new but found scratches and rust on them.
I have bought 2 of them. A 500W Delta Platinum and a 600W Enhance Platinum. Both were sold as brand new. Physical condition was good, but no way to tell if they are actually new or used. The cables are nice, looks pretty well done. The 500W had serious, constant clicking noise, even on top of the somewhat noisy idle fan. The 600W comes with a Scythe 'Quiet' fan, which is pretty quiet in idle but still sounds like a vacuum cleaner when gaming/rendering (for reference I used an undervolted 8700K and 1080Ti). I couldn't live with it so I dumped Flex PSU entirely and went for a bigger case with SFX support.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The 500W had serious, constant clicking noise, even on top of the somewhat noisy idle fan. The 600W comes with a Scythe 'Quiet' fan, which is pretty quiet in idle but still sounds like a vacuum cleaner when gaming/rendering (for reference I used an undervolted 8700K and 1080Ti). I couldn't live with it so I dumped Flex PSU entirely and went for a bigger case with SFX support.

The very same reason I'm still avoiding Flex PSU.

hellotimmutton

Chassis Packer
Jan 6, 2019
Im still eagerly awaiting a manufacturer to make a modular flex psu with a top mounted fan. surely theres enough demand for at least one manufacturer to do it. Even a 20mm quiet fan would be a serious improvement

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Im still eagerly awaiting a manufacturer to make a modular flex psu with a top mounted fan. surely theres enough demand for at least one manufacturer to do it. Even a 20mm quiet fan would be a serious improvement
A top-mounted fan (something along the lines of TFX fan placement, if I understand you properly?) would make the PSU incompatible with the FlexATX standard, so I doubt any are willing to take that risk - unless someone does the work to establish an extended/modified standard. There ought to be a decent amount of cases where such a PSU would fit given the proliferation of sandwich layout FlexATX cases, but breaking standards is generally a bad idea if you want to sell your products.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
A top-mounted fan (something along the lines of TFX fan placement, if I understand you properly?) would make the PSU incompatible with the FlexATX standard, so I doubt any are willing to take that risk - unless someone does the work to establish an extended/modified standard. There ought to be a decent amount of cases where such a PSU would fit given the proliferation of sandwich layout FlexATX cases, but breaking standards is generally a bad idea if you want to sell your products.
He was probably thinking about an inner top fan, no room available inside a Flex PSU unfortunately.

Even a 20mm quiet fan would be a serious improvement
A 20mm fan is really tiny, can you name a silent one (that still pushes some air)? I am actually looking to replace the noisy one of my mini beamer ;)

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
He was probably thinking about an inner top fan, no room available inside a Flex PSU unfortunately.
Even that would be non-compliant, the standard includes fan placements and airflow paths. There's also a question of how many Flex PSUs have PCBs along the top surface precluding any vent holes there, of course.

A 20mm fan is really tiny, can you name a silent one (that still pushes some air)? I am actually looking to replace the noisy one of my mini beamer
I read this as "20mm thick", but that might have been optimistic of me?

Reactions: BaK

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I would add to your list the MK3s. I originally wanted to have one but each time when it was opened for pre-ordering, the number of people was so large that it needs a lottery system. And its waiting period is just too long. So, I have just ordered a Deng F15 for an upcoming build for a buddy. Might give a brief review when it arrives.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

hellotimmutton

Chassis Packer
Jan 6, 2019

I dunno why, but im really not a fan of cases that require an extension lead to the psu, I'd just prefer it be exposed at the back. If you like the monstrosity you might be interested in the jonsbo u1 plus (puts the psu at the top which would be better for cooling I think), although it really needs the ability to do 2x80 or 1x92 fans at the back and/or front ventilation and fan options

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
It's crazy how the huge Deng monster is less expensive than the deng f12/15. Lol

all that extra aluminum and it's cheaper?! I guess itx specifically creates a demanding price flux.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It's crazy how the huge Deng monster is less expensive than the deng f12/15. Lol

all that extra aluminum and it's cheaper?! I guess itx specifically creates a demanding price flux.
The M40 monster is listed at RMB 2999. The RMB 1000 at the top is the deposit for ordering. A buyer will need to pay the remaining balance just before shipping out of the case.
So, it is much more expensive than the F12/F15.

Reactions: Rjk1617