Other What's on Taobao

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
Okay i think i will try to buy the Sunmillo T03 with the Help of Superbuy.

Is my calculationabout the Price right? 150 Dollars for the Case and ship to superbuy, and than about 50 Dollars shipping + Fees.

That's about what I paid for shipping to Europe, via the cheaper shipping options. The one I used is tracked to between Superbuy's warehouse and a Superbuy point in the UK, and then it gets shipped untracked via standard post to you. In total, it took 12 days. DHL shipping was an option, but at more than twice the cost.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
PCIe x4 to mpcie+sim card?

I guess it's so you can use mobile 4g inside your desktop? I could actually sorta use that, but it's not very clear how to set it up.

Some OEM mPCIe WWAN cards does not have SIM card slot built in. This is so laptop mfgs can position the slot somewhere accessible.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
But, could I use it in a PC? Plug and play?
Should be. Just shows up as a modem. Consumer cards have this sim slot usually at the back. But mind that 3g/4g networks standards might differ country to country. And why would you wanna do that though? Small wwan routers with wifi 'mifi' is easy, battery backed, and in a pinch you can always use your phone as a hotspot.

With the network confined to your one pc you either need extra sim for your devices or go through the hassle of setting up hotspot in windows. Which is down when your pc loses power.

There's a reason they're not commonplace anymore, just a decade ago you can always count on NEC and Fujitsu and even Sony Vaio to release laptops with sim slots or options for it to be added.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Should be. Just shows up as a modem. Consumer cards have this sim slot usually at the back. But mind that 3g/4g networks standards might differ country to country. And why would you wanna do that though? Small wwan routers with wifi 'mifi' is easy, battery backed, and in a pinch you can always use your phone as a hotspot.

With the network confined to your one pc you either need extra sim for your devices or go through the hassle of setting up hotspot in windows. Which is down when your pc loses power.

There's a reason they're not commonplace anymore, just a decade ago you can always count on NEC and Fujitsu and even Sony Vaio to release laptops with sim slots or options for it to be added.

Google Fi gives you as many free data sim cards as you wish!

That thing would work in the US, right?

Thinkpads have SIM slots.

Greyvest

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2017
Product page says selling to developers and engineers only because it has lots of compatibility issue.
PCIe x4 to mpcie+sim card?

I guess it's so you can use mobile 4g inside your desktop? I could actually sorta use that, but it's not very clear how to set it up.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Product page says selling to developers and engineers only because it has lots of compatibility issue.

Maybe i'll get lucky. It's not expensive. I look for alternatives but didn't find anything.

EDIT- Wait it's $0.83 USD? am confused

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Maybe i'll get lucky. It's not expensive. I look for alternatives but didn't find anything.

EDIT- Wait it's $0.83 USD? am confused
RMB 88 = USD 12.50
You have confused the Japanese Yen with the Chinese Yuan (or RMB). They both use the same symbol, ¥ .

Reactions: Windfall

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
The NOVA1024 with riser cable and 3 fans goes for $77, before intl shipping fees. Is this good or should I just go for the case for $56?

Would you buy a chinese gpu or just shell out $100+ for Corsair SF?

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
I found this on 维京智造M1S ( Viking M1S ) Tmall via an Instagram post awhile back (Vikingdom Creation Instagram) which lead me to this modders website (scrolled to the bottom of the homepage and in the bottom right corner was the Tmall link to 至尊地带旗舰店 (Supreme Strip Flagship Store).

It launched recently but I haven't seen much talk about it...
维京智造M1S ( Viking M1S )
324 x 172 x 262mm (LxWxH)

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Anyone here bought any modular Flex ATX power supplies from Taobao? What has been your experience with them? I want to know if these modded power supplies are brand new or have signs of wear/use. Would seem sketchy if someone were to sell them as if they were like new but found scratches and rust on them.

hellotimmutton

Chassis Packer
Jan 6, 2019
They claim to buy new ones, pull them apart, make them modular and then put them back together, so scratches wouldnt say much. a couple have said the ones based off delta 500's are all used. I bought a delta 400 based one, still works a couple months later

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
I've bought Enhance ENP7140B 400w, it's not modular. People on this thread said this model is brand new, and I see no sign of wear and tear. They have wide range of wattage to choose from. I paid extra 5$ to have my cable redo (remove 6 sata connectors). I haven't test it since my other component haven't arrived yet.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Holy shit, thanks for the feedback. What do you think about this supplier and this case?
I would like to order it with superbuy, but on tabao supplier prices the shipping within china with 999yuan, lol.

Bs2 Mini_ITX
That is built by the same guy who made the smallest one case. According to hlxino the smallest one is the holy grail in China at the moment, and looking at the photos from item page it does look very high quality - so I think its safe to assume it'll be a good case. The BS2 looks out of stock from the July preorder though, and theres a note there to say that it when the next batch is ready for ordering there will be an announcement on the item page.

Also, it comes in two flavours, water cooled and air cooled. Interestingly enough, the air cooled version costs more. The seller has also got a post on Chiphell with an overview of the case

Reactions: encore2097

naipagaijo

What's an ITX?
Aug 18, 2019
Anyone have any guesses what these Metalfish 500w and 600w Flex ATX PSUs are? I've asked twice through Superbuy for any info and the seller won't answer.

I know they're almost certainly used units and someone on /r/ssfpc got a 400w one DoA that was a Delta DPS-400AB. In general I've heard to avoid the Deltas on Taobao but I'm unaware of a 600w Delta. For an extra $60 US before ship I'm tempted to take the gamble.