Other What's on Taobao

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
This is what I ever wanted the newer S4 mini to be.

Reactions: Windfall

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
A round of Taobao lurking with mostly MATX in mind.

Lian Li has recently developed an ITX/DTX case at 375mm * 203mm * 321mm or 24.44L.

11.1 L HTPC MATX case, takes low profile GPUs. Technically only accepts up to DTX at 244 mm x 210mm, but maybe some modding can fit MATX

8L MATX HTPC case, takes low profile GPU and requires a flexATX or FTX PSU. Fits a full 244mm x 244mm MATX board.

~14L case that fits only a specific MATX board that is under 220mm x 180mm. Perhaps some modding would allow for the full MATX board to fit.

A 9.33L Dan A4/Ghost Loqui/every other sandwhich style case clone, but wide enough for a 120mm cooler

AccountIsTaken

Efficiency Noob
Aug 3, 2018
I believe this Papyrus A4 case is new.

It looks interesting for an air cooling design since it supports 2 x 120mm fans for intake (GPU up to 170mm, or only one fan for GPU up to 190mm) and 2 x 60mm (not entirely clear because somewhere else it says 70mm) for exhaust, and a CPU cooler height of 110mm (for example, Noctua NH-D9L). It supports a SFX PSU. All this in a 7 liter volume.

Cable management should be an issue, and I believe the renderings are missing the cut out for the SFX power supply.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=589239911288

I'm pretty sure it uses a flex atx psu that is mounted behind the gpu beside the motherboard.

hlxino

Chassis Packer
Aug 1, 2019
I strongly suggest to buy from this shop, formula case, I live in china and have gone through 7-8 custom cases. these guys make the best quality I have seen so far, better than any retail one I have owned as well

I have recently built their loli's bigger brother that supports SFX power supplies, pictures below

Curious - does anyone know if any of the ~ 4L Taobao cases (K39, Nano S1, Loli, etc...) have just a tiny bit extra clearance for CPU/RAM height? I was hoping to find something that has 43-44mm of clearance, but most seem to top out at 38-40mm.

I did notice the Loli1 Cube A4 says something about 40mm (then 43mm RGB?) under the CPU subheading - but I'm not exactly sure what its saying;

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I strongly suggest to buy from this shop, formula case, I live in china and have gone through 7-8 custom cases. these guys make the best quality I have seen so far, better than any retail one I have owned as well
What are those 7-8 cases? If you can name them, it would be helpful to form your subjective feel about the quality of this Formula shop compared with those.
I have not tried this shop before.
Have you used a Sunmilo case recently? How is your Formula case compared with a Sunmilo case, quality wise?

hlxino

Chassis Packer
Aug 1, 2019
i will later, sunmilo is VERY similar i strongly believe they use the same supplier. sunmilo cases are more machined and has fancier patterns. i feel they are both easy choices

What are those 7-8 cases? If you can name them, it would be helpful to form your subjective feel about the quality of this Formula shop compared with those.
I have not tried this shop before.
Have you used a Sunmilo case recently? How is your Formula case compared with a Sunmilo case, quality wise?

dacamel

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2019
i will later, sunmilo is VERY similar i strongly believe they use the same supplier. sunmilo cases are more machined and has fancier patterns. i feel they are both easy choices

Holy shit, thanks for the feedback. What do you think about this supplier and this case?
I would like to order it with superbuy, but on tabao supplier prices the shipping within china with 999yuan, lol.

Bs2 Mini_ITX

hlxino

Chassis Packer
Aug 1, 2019
I don't believe there are MANY manufacturers on taobao, just a lot of designers of cases. Sunmilo and Formula case manufacturer is definetely among the best, their pannel tollerance is amazing and the finish is really good, i tend to buy matt black or dark full colour cases that might have small tiny defects during the painting process vs a retail case, but other than that i strongly recommend them

Holy shit, thanks for the feedback. What do you think about this supplier and this case?
I would like to order it with superbuy, but on tabao supplier prices the shipping within china with 999yuan, lol.

Bs2 Mini_ITX

hlxino

Chassis Packer
Aug 1, 2019
So i have been living in China for almost a decade now and have gone through my share of cases. I often build cases for my friends after i show them my mini ITX case at home, this has given me the opportunity to check quite a few custom cases on taobao. Here are my thoughts on them:
As a comparison, i have owned the following retail cases - Inwin 301, Inwin A1, Inwin Chopin, Inwin 901, Cougar, SKCT Q1 (yeah i like inwin)

Most case shops owners are really helpful and accommodate your requests (with the respective price difference) if you can speak/write chinese.

ZS A4 https://shop127547001.taobao.com/sh....149.145f14e3T1ePQ1&user_number_id=1579851738
My first custom case was from this shop, it was many years ago and it was one of their first batches. At the time i though it was great, thinking back the case was rough edged and sub quality. Note that my case was one of their first batches and the version i got (dancase clone) is not made anymore, looking at their current cases i believe they have changed manufacturer and they look GREAT

Formula case https://shop115365854.taobao.com/sh...4.24.145f14e3T1ePQ1&user_number_id=1927790796
I have built both the loli 1 case and their newer SFX version. amazing quality, the feel and finish on the material is great. The only pain is that they do not use standard philip screws but hexagon ones, this is not a fault borne only to them though. The owner is REALLY helpful

Seadamaged Carbon fiber cases https://shop65316658.taobao.com/sho...14.105.145f14e3T1ePQ1&user_number_id=76631657
This is an interesting one, the owner makes carbon fiber cases. If you dig the look, this is as good as it gets. However carbon fiber is really not the right material for cases. It feels like cheap plastic, it can't be molded easily and makes an AWFUL case to build and maintain. Plus it costs about twice as much as most custom cases. But if you dig the looks....

Turemetal https://fanless.taobao.com/shop/vie...1.14.5.489537b8HjG2E6&user_number_id=80652918
this is not the custom case in the normal sense (you can't customise it) but the owner makes them in batches like everyone else and there is a wait time. The special part about their ITX cases is that they are all FANLESS (so forget your i7 9900k). The quality is amazing and they weight a TON for obvious reasons, the whole cases connect to the CPU as a heatsink. I build a hptc with an i3 a couple years ago, with the new AGPU from ryzen it could be a very interesting choice

Sunmilo https://s.taobao.com/search?q=sunmilo&imgfile=&js=1&stats_click=search_radio_all:1&initiative_id=staobaoz_20190802&ie=utf8
I have built 2 sunmilo cases, one is not sold anymore "red dragon" that had a layout similar to the ncase m1 and the other is dancase copy. Superb quality, strongly believe they use the same manufacturer of Formula case. They however machine their cases much more with their patterns (down to taste), which increases their base price a lot. Between them and formula case it comes down to a matter of taste, you can always get a plain formula case and ask them to machine your own patterns...the price will become similar to the sunmilo ones. I personally really like their black/red cases

SGPC https://sgpc.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.42.145f14e3T1ePQ1&user_number_id=35443409
makers of the K series (k39,k77,k66 etc). I dunno what to say, these cases are cheap but the quality is...meh, i guess similar to most retail cases with very little customisation. I personally wouldn't bother unless you are tight on a budget (shouldn't be building ITX if that was the case..). I built the k977a few weeks ago, the protruding power cable is really ugly as well.

Other items
In China the ID cooling IS 30, 40, 50 and 60 coolers are the go for budget cooling (about 15 dollars each) due to their performance and the fact you can stick any of your pmw fans on them. I like rgb fans.
APX 100 is a really popular high budget fan here, the performance is really good and you can put any 12cm fan on it. there is also a full copper version and you can get a second shop to coat it with the black stuff.
Custom cable are relatively cheap, this is the golden standard shop and one set for a dancase is usually around 138 cny, of course you choose material colour and length or you simply tell them what case you building and they will sort everything for you
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=38032345491&ali_refid=a3_420434_1006:1123816774:N:+j0wmuc5PHYDthnqjzBBvyge4n/QExYvETWnj5g1swo=:d6a5ec7f0efa79494414b389377b78f0&ali_trackid=1_d6a5ec7f0efa79494414b389377b78f0&spm=a230r.1.1957635.2

Taobao is the heaven of customisation, if you are willing to explore you can get whatever you want. I have recently added a leather handle to my case (bought from a furniture handle manufacturer, dozens on the site including full custom as well) and got 2 acrylic plates with my own logo on it, both for less than 8 dollars delivered. Acrylic shops often also sell you full acrylic custom built cases similar to Geeek case for a fraction of the cost

Almost all case shops are can add your logo or size customisation, just needs to ask. For example if you have a design of theirs you really like, you can ask them to make an Matx version of the case, make panels higher because you want to mount a aio radiator etc

In addition all shops have their QQ (its like the chinese whatsapp) with their customers/fans. by joining and looking you can also get an idea of what shops are popular and also ask people to help with your build since they might already own your case (most of the chat is spam or just making fun of the owner telling them to hurry up with the deliveries)

For the future there are a few really interesting cases that i am pushing my friends to buy (and me to build)

Smallest Onehttps://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...M8ou7d&id=558710712904&ns=1&abbucket=6#detail
This is considered the holy grail of custom cases in China ITX community, i asked the shop owner but he has a 5 months waiting time... on the second hand market you can find it at double the price

LOUSU https://lousu.taobao.com/shop/view_...14.55.145f14e3T1ePQ1&user_number_id=601931423
I really like the sleek design of this case

OldKhttps://shop445541697.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.1000126.2.43d52e518fzy2v
This shop is quite famous as well and relatively old, never tried them but by looking at their parts and photos i believe they also use the same manufacturer of loli and sunmilo, particularly interested in their k03 case.

loli2shttps://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c-s.w4004-21298505569.12.4e8c4d1fUrDo14&id=595635971513
this looks really cool, i know the design is copied but this smaller form factor looks even better to my eyes

Feel free if you got any questions, i am not sure if taobao is competitive in your country after shipping costs taken into account, for me however it has really changed the way i can do with my builds, if you are looking to customize, you can find whatever you need.

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
~14L case that fits only a specific MATX board that is under 220mm x 180mm. Perhaps some modding would allow for the full MATX board to fit.

深蓝sl m1 240水冷 全铝机箱 itx matx水冷 mod定制 DIY定制-淘宝网
欢迎前来淘宝网实力旺铺,选购深蓝sl m1 240水冷 全铝机箱 itx matx水冷 mod定制 DIY定制,想了解更多深蓝sl m1 240水冷 全铝机箱 itx matx水冷 mod定制 DIY定制,请进入家家不会水的深蓝SL实力旺铺,更多商品任你选购

item.taobao.com

Love how the guy put in a 4k smartphone screen over the PSU and got it running. IPS>RGB . Also excellent idea for VR rigs

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and ondert

dacamel

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2019
Okay i think i will try to buy the Sunmillo T03 with the Help of Superbuy.

Is my calculationabout the Price right? 150 Dollars for the Case and ship to superbuy, and than about 50 Dollars shipping + Fees.

Are the feets included in the case, or do i have to purchase these here extra?

Last but not least, i would order it in silver (Grey is not avaible), but i dont like the mix with red color, is it possible to change it to silver or black screws and so on?

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Sorry for coming out as such a noob, but I finally have some money for a pc build, and the sff pc has deeply interested me. Sadly, I know next to nothing about it.

Premium cases like Ghost and A4 are too expensive, so it seems Taobao ones are a good option. I can't follow the 32 page thread that well, so if someone could link me a guide or something on how to buy from Taobao or an agent (Superbuy?) I would appreciate it.

I'm basically looking for a 8-10~L case, I'd like to include a Ryzen 3600 and a 5700. Current 5700 blower is 270&110*35mm dual slot according to Powercolor. I don't know how much the AIB cards will increase in size so that's something to consider.

Thanks in advance for any replies, I'm happy to join this forum.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Sorry for coming out as such a noob, but I finally have some money for a pc build, and the sff pc has deeply interested me. Sadly, I know next to nothing about it.

Premium cases like Ghost and A4 are too expensive, so it seems Taobao ones are a good option. I can't follow the 32 page thread that well, so if someone could link me a guide or something on how to buy from Taobao or an agent (Superbuy?) I would appreciate it.

I'm basically looking for a 8-10~L case, I'd like to include a Ryzen 3600 and a 5700. Current 5700 blower is 270&110*35mm dual slot according to Powercolor. I don't know how much the AIB cards will increase in size so that's something to consider.

Thanks in advance for any replies, I'm happy to join this forum.

If you read the thread, there are quite a few cases that can help with your requirements. Using the search bar on top, try "item.taobao.com" (WITH double quotes), and limit the search to this thread only.

Also, do remember that, most of these cases are cheaper but some are not-that-cheap. Depending on where you live, the shipping cost etc will also add into the cost. At that point you may want to re-consider those so called premium cases.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Okay i think i will try to buy the Sunmillo T03 with the Help of Superbuy.
Is my calculationabout the Price right? 150 Dollars for the Case and ship to superbuy, and than about 50 Dollars shipping + Fees.
Are the feets included in the case, or do i have to purchase these here extra?
Last but not least, i would order it in silver (Grey is not avaible), but i dont like the mix with red color, is it possible to change it to silver or black screws and so on?
I cannot comment on ordering via Superbuy as I have no experience with them.

As for the feet, you do not have to purchase those in the link because the case comes with its 4 feet. They are of 'standard' height. If you want taller ones, then you get those in that link.

Regarding the colour, I see no option is available in the ordering about it. But, one of the demo pictures does show a silver case with black interior (instead of red) frame. So, my guess is:- if you specify a colour combination, the shop will accommodate your wish. But, of course, you should ask the seller to confirm when ordering.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
If you read the thread, there are quite a few cases that can help with your requirements. Using the search bar on top, try "item.taobao.com" (WITH double quotes), and limit the search to this thread only.

Also, do remember that, most of these cases are cheaper but some are not-that-cheap. Depending on where you live, the shipping cost etc will also add into the cost. At that point you may want to re-consider those so called premium cases.
I'll try out that search method you mentioned. I live in SoCal, would the shipping add up badly?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I'll try out that search method you mentioned. I live in SoCal, would the shipping add up badly?

I live in Asia so it's just what I know (from what I read here). US based forum members should be able to share more details about shipping :)

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
PCIe x4 to mpcie+sim card?

I guess it's so you can use mobile 4g inside your desktop? I could actually sorta use that, but it's not very clear how to set it up.