Other What's on Taobao

i3f8j

Efficiency Noob
New User
Aug 21, 2018
Hello, All!

I actually work quite a bit in China and decided to buy one of these cases (K39 black), psu, and pcie extender to help with any confusion. I am in China quite a bit for work (4-5 trips a year for greater than or equal to 3 weeks a trip).

I also bought this cheap little CPU fan that is similar to the noctua version but I am sure it is not as good.

While I do not have a mobo, cpu, or GPU to test any of this out in China I will be putting together a 2200g, 1060 6gb rig when I return to the USA on Dec 17th.

Link to PSU I bought: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.78272e8dEo49V7&id=571336596033&_u=62pv1haq8d4c

Here are some photos:

Last edited:

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Hello, All!

I actually work quite a bit in China and decided to buy one of these cases (K39 black), psu, and pcie extender to help with any confusion. I am in China quite a bit for work (4-5 trips a year for greater than or equal to 3 weeks a trip).

I also bought this cheap little CPU fan that is similar to the noctua version but I am sure it is not as good.

While I do not have a mobo, cpu, or GPU to test any of this out in China I will be putting together a 2200g, 1060 6gb rig when I return to the USA on Dec 17th.

Link to PSU I bought: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.78272e8dEo49V7&id=571336596033&_u=62pv1haq8d4c

Here are some photos:

Good man and thanks for the photos. Have you tested the PSU and did you get the ones with the Noctua fans?

i3f8j

Efficiency Noob
New User
Aug 21, 2018
Good man and thanks for the photos. Have you tested the PSU and did you get the ones with the Noctua fans?

I have turned on the psu by connecting the two pins with a paperclip and it seems to work fine. I have not put it into a system yet because I am still in China. Will be putting a system together when I get back to the USA on the 17th.

I didn't get the Noctua version because I figured I could add it if I needed to.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Hello All, I just found this: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=583127994911
Seems to be the only thin-itx AM4 board on the market!

It's A320 so you cannot overclock, but looking at the different product bundles it can be bought with Ryzen APUs which should mean it's compatible with Ryzen 2nd Gen CPUs.

The heatsink mounting holes are also interestingly in a square pattern like Intel 115x sockets, not AM4.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
It's A320 so you cannot overclock, but looking at the different product bundles it can be bought with Ryzen APUs which should mean it's compatible with Ryzen 2nd Gen CPUs.

The heatsink mounting holes are also interestingly in a square pattern like Intel 115x sockets, not AM4.

Probably won't trust my money with a mobo from Taobao, a good one can be carried over to your next build. No idea how the BIOS will be too.

They even do B350 mobos from their local brand (https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...lcpJs&id=577217014223&ns=1&abbucket=15#detail) that I'm not too keen on spending money on.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Probably won't trust my money with a mobo from Taobao, a good one can be carried over to your next build. No idea how the BIOS will be too.

They even do B350 mobos from their local brand (https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...lcpJs&id=577217014223&ns=1&abbucket=15#detail) that I'm not too keen on spending money on.

I only see their using MSI B350 and B450M motherboards as part of their combo offerings.
And, MSI is not exactly a 'local' brand.
But, as usual, buying a piece of hardware from a region where one does not reside in, warranty service might not be provided locally.

Raptor_N60

Caliper Novice
Nov 5, 2018

Sure, the A320 doesn't support overclocking, but I think the choice is reasonable with thin-itx setups in mind. IMO the biggest disadvantage of this board is that it only supports sata M.2 drives, otherwise it'll be a nice NUC killer board

NOKYARD

Trash Compacter
Jul 7, 2018
Reactions: rfarmer

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
I only see their using MSI B350 and B450M motherboards as part of their combo offerings.
And, MSI is not exactly a 'local' brand.
But, as usual, buying a piece of hardware from a region where one does not reside in, warranty service might not be provided locally.

Didn't realize they were selling MSI boards, didn't sell their logo on the page listing. I've seen some locally branded ones, that I won't trust.

But yeah I'm getting my mobo and CPU locally.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
【金酷128g256g512g1T M.2/PCIE NVME2280SSD固态硬盘全新笔记本】https://m.tb.cn/h.3oHY1X5?sm=63c310 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述¥H4NPbNZ2V9e¥后到淘♂寳♀

Anyone have experience buying M.2 NVME SSD? Significantly cheaper than WD or Samsung.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
【金酷128g256g512g1T M.2/PCIE NVME2280SSD固态硬盘全新笔记本】https://m.tb.cn/h.3oHY1X5?sm=63c310 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述¥H4NPbNZ2V9e¥后到淘♂寳♀

Anyone have experience buying M.2 NVME SSD? Significantly cheaper than WD or Samsung.

I do not have experience but, using 1TB as an example, KingCoco sells at RMB 1780 (~= US$258) while WD 1TB Black sells at around US$276 at Newegg right now. So, the price difference is not huge.
And, if you do not live in China, getting warranty support might involve a lot more.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
I do not have experience but, using 1TB as an example, KingCoco sells at RMB 1780 (~= US$258) while WD 1TB Black sells at around US$276 at Newegg right now. So, the price difference is not huge.
And, if you do not live in China, getting warranty support might involve a lot more.

True, product returns will be a nightmare just to save a few bucks. I'll get all my electrical components sourced locally.

marui98

Cable Smoosher
Dec 3, 2018
So my K39 arrived today but I realised i did a dumb dumb.

One of the postings on Taobao listed a package where you could buy the K39, 450W psu and pcie 16x riser together. I chose that at first, but I saw a seller selling a custom 1U flex psu with custom cables that really appealed to me. I pulled the trigger on that one instead and bought a k39 standalone. Only when it reached ytd did I realise I completely forgot about the 16x riser. *facepalm*

So now I'm still a week away from full assembly. Sighs. Welp, guess this is my first lessons learnt in my first SFF build.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...ixGIY&id=579315466847&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...ixGIY&id=577596399990&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail

Anyone feed brave enough to try a made in China monitor? The first one is incredibly cheap, almost enough for me to try my luck for kicks. Zero reviews too and Googling the brand doesn't yield any results.

The problem is the shipping, getting stuff this big shipped from China costs a fortune.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Anyone feed brave enough to try a made in China monitor? The first one is incredibly cheap, almost enough for me to try my luck for kicks. Zero reviews too and Googling the brand doesn't yield any results.

Both brands are local brand and so Googling yielding no result is no surprise. Even using Baidu does not yield many meaningful results. But you can use the brand names as key word to search within Chinese hardware forums. There are many user reports.

All I can say is that, you are thinking in the right direction when you said you might ''try my luck''.
The problem is not about a 'made in China' monitor. There are many excellent Dell and Asus monitors which are made in China. The problem is the low price. Quality most often follows closely the price.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Both brands are local brand and so Googling yielding no result is no surprise. Even using Baidu does not yield many meaningful results. But you can use the brand names as key word to search within Chinese hardware forums. There are many user reports.

All I can say is that, you are thinking in the right direction when you said you might ''try my luck''.
The problem is not about a 'made in China' monitor. There are many excellent Dell and Asus monitors which are made in China. The problem is the low price. Quality most often follows closely the price.

Managed to find some reviews on TD.com from the official Tuopu sales pages. The problem with the reviews is that they are defaulted to 5 stars, so even people who don't leave a negative comments will post up a positive one. The consensus seems to be that it comes down to luck whether you will have a good or bad one. Some of the buyers have gone through 2-3 of them because of returns, which will be tougher for anyone not living in China.

marui98

Cable Smoosher
Dec 3, 2018
Hey guys, so my first SFF PC build is coming soon (can't wait! Just waiting on a pcie riser now) but I realise before hand that I will have a problem. The 3.9L case I'm building in will not have any front IO. And this is okay since I don't really populate all the USB slots but I also realise it won't have a 3.5mm audio jack. What's a possible solution to this? I'm open to buying an internal audio header and drilling out a hole in the front panel to accommodate it