Other What's on Taobao

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
Sandwich style coming to matx. Seems to support 3x 120mm fans on top so maybe a 360 rad is possible. It comes to around 20L, which I feel like could have been reduced if there was some modifications here and there. Maybe reduce size to use a SFX PSU, use less space between motherboard and top fans, etc. to shave off 2 more liters or so.

https://world.taobao.com/item/583519615271.htm

They put space for 3x120mm fans but didn't care enough to support at least some 360mm rads?

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
maybe as long as the fan flow is in one direction (HS fan pushing upwards, PSU absorbing the warm air and push outside the case), Temps should not suffer much.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
How are the temps? From my experience, PSU on top of a low profile cooler = bad temps :eek:
Pretty decent, during CPU stress testing I am at around the mid 70s. In my previous sandwich case (ZS-A4M) I was in the high 80s with the CPU blowing directly out.

I read some build logs of the SG13 where users had the PSU facing the CPU cooler to act as an exhaust. Helped temps dramatically with around a 10 degree decrease.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Found these two 'sandwich' style cases. Although I'm not a fan of the red details, I like their designs. You can probably ask the seller to make it fully black or grey. The matte finish looks good. (Click on the names to go to their webpages)

K01 - 6.5L

Nano S1 - 4.3L

That Nano S1 in all black looks great. About $90 USD without shipping or Superbuy fees it looks like. The product page also says they can do circular holes for a small up-charge. Wish they would expand the top fan capacity to 80x15mm though.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I found this Cemo L1 on Aliexpress. I know it's not Taobao, but I didn't know where else to post it. It seems like an interesting case, so I'd thought I'd share.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Other than Sunmilo cases, are there other ITX case from taobao / aliexpress that is similar to Ncase (classic lay out, no riser)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
@chyll2
There are quite a number of alternatives. The followings come up my mind instantly. I think there are a few others but I cannot think of their names at the moment.
Eg
Deng F15

Smallest One

H'z Mk3s

SKTC Q1/Q2

Reactions: chyll2

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Here is a build in Chiphell. Deng F15 is a nice case. It is currently at the top of the list for my next build.

Translates the 750W Corsair PSU to "American pirate ship SF750 ".

You got to love google translate!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Translates the 750W Corsair PSU to "American pirate ship SF750 ".

You got to love google translate!
It translates perfectly!
Corsair's own official Chinese brand name is ''American business pirate ship'' or ''pirate ship'' in short.
So, this 'translation' is 100% accurate.

Reactions: chyll2

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
It translates perfectly!
Corsair's own official Chinese brand name is ''American business pirate ship'' or ''pirate ship'' in short.
So, this 'translation' is 100% accurate.

Seriously? That's hilarious. Somehow "Pirate Ship" doesn't sound like an attention grabbing name. :p

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Seriously? That's hilarious. Somehow "Pirate Ship" doesn't sound like an attention grabbing name. :p
I clipped a pic out of Corsair's website in China. The top red circle is the ''American business pirate ship'' and the bottom one is just ''pirate ship'' as their copyright name. If you click into the ''About Us'' link to learn about the company, they are calling themselves just this name. Go figure.