What games are you playing?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Trying to save the Galaxy in Mass Effect Legendary Edition...

ME1 looks and plays much better in 4K and with HighRes textures. Just whish they had improved the mini map somehow.
Oh, I really need to get around to that - it's been far too long since I played ME1 and 2, I barely remember them.

I kinda-sorta finished Hollow Knight a week or so ago - haven't actually beaten HK yet (or even tried), but everything up until then. Given that I know there are significant areas of the world that I still dont' have access to and I don't want to start a new playthrough I have to check out some guides before proceeding.

Started Ori and the Will of the Wisps a couple of days ago, and so far it seems just as good as its predecessor. Also the first game I've acively sought out playing on the TV in the living room - holy **** that game looks great in HDR. Runs well at 1080p medium ("balanced"?) on the 4650G as well (~75fps average overall, some drops in some areas, nothing FreeSync can't handle).

Also tried out SkateBIRD after launch, and got firm confirmation that I suck at skateboarding games. Really fun though! Nice to see a kickstarter game come through like that.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Oh, I really need to get around to that - it's been far too long since I played ME1 and 2, I barely remember them.

I kinda-sorta finished Hollow Knight a week or so ago - haven't actually beaten HK yet (or even tried), but everything up until then. Given that I know there are significant areas of the world that I still dont' have access to and I don't want to start a new playthrough I have to check out some guides before proceeding.

Started Ori and the Will of the Wisps a couple of days ago, and so far it seems just as good as its predecessor. Also the first game I've acively sought out playing on the TV in the living room - holy **** that game looks great in HDR. Runs well at 1080p medium ("balanced"?) on the 4650G as well (~75fps average overall, some drops in some areas, nothing FreeSync can't handle).

Also tried out SkateBIRD after launch, and got firm confirmation that I suck at skateboarding games. Really fun though! Nice to see a kickstarter game come through like that.
I really enjoyed Will of the Wisps and Blind Forest, beautiful games. Nice that they play well with the 4650G.

Reactions: Valantar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I really enjoyed Will of the Wisps and Blind Forest, beautiful games. Nice that they play well with the 4650G.
Yeah, I was frankly surprised at how well it played - and I'm even back running my RAM at 3200 (a BIOS update made my old settings suddenly not work, and haven't prioritized getting it back to 3800 yet) and the iGPU at the stock 1900 rather than 2100 (same reason). Kind of makes me want to lug the main PC to the living room for some true 2160p120 HDR goodness though!

Reactions: rfarmer

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
I'm trying to resist. Already bought D2 twice in the past (because I lost my old discs XD) ... sunk thousands of hours into it ... for sure, I stayed a while and listened 😅
Gotta say it. I spent my fair share of time on Diablo II, back in the days but this Resurrected edition? Mind blowing, it's exactly how Diablo II should have always been. All of the original grinding plus new Quality of Life tweaks (like, FINALLY, ladder words and Uber bosses in single, local, games! And the SHARED, EXPANDED, stash! And don't even make me start on the upgraded graphics!). It really, REALLY, deserves a try. 😁

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Gotta say it. I spent my fair share of time on Diablo II, back in the days but this Resurrected edition? Mind blowing, it's exactly how Diablo II should have always been. All of the original grinding plus new Quality of Life tweaks (like, FINALLY, ladder words and Uber bosses in single, local, games! And the SHARED, EXPANDED, stash! And don't even make me start on the upgraded graphics!). It really, REALLY, deserves a try. 😁
I have to give this a try. Loved D2 way back when, but never played online (didn't have the internet connection for it). Far too many games to play though.

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps last week (loved it, highly recommended), finished Jedi: Fallen Order yesterday. A pretty good game at the core (the mash-up of a souls-like, tomb-raider-like, Star Wars game is pretty neat), but as with anything EA touches it felt rather soulless and like it had both too much and too little stuffed into it - too many collectibles and logs and stuff; too little exposition and exploration of the characters (leading to some weirdly jarring cutscenes).

Next up for me: Deathloop and Sable. For once trying to play some new games, rather than my regular "buy when reasonably new, play 2-4 years later" schtick.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
You realise that you ain't helping me in the slightest 😂

As long as they didn't touch Matt Uelmen's musics...

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
You realise that you ain't helping me in the slightest 😂

As long as they didn't touch Matt Uelmen's musics...
Those are there in all their unaltered glory!
To make things easier for you, I will add that, a short click of the "G" button on your keyboard, there's Diablo II in all its 800x600 (or even 640x480) pixelated gloriousness! 😁

Seriously, I've been sucked back in the D2 vortex like it's 2000, I'm still freshly graduated from high school and got all the time in the world to grind for loot! 🤣🤣🤣

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Seriously, I've been sucked back in the D2 vortex like it's 2000, I'm still freshly graduated from high school and got all the time in the world to grind for loot! 🤣🤣🤣
We might very well be around the same age then 🤘 .

Also, I didn't mentioned it, but I'm quite the "M" guy when it comes to ARPG, playing the complicated build ... but that's where the fun lies... I do the same in Path of Exile XD

Last edited:

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Since we're on a retro rampage I must admit my umpteenth reinstallation of NFSU. On this ocasion I was determined to play it beyond the official 1024 x 768 and go full screen without deforming the image. After some searching I ended up with Redux Mod, wich provides upscaling, widescreen support and HD textures. It is a GREAT improvement over the original version and very enjoyable playing 4k (or whatever bizarre scaling the game does 😂 ) on the TV screen.
See you on the streets!

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Since we're on a retro rampage I must admit my umpteenth reinstallation of NFSU. On this ocasion I was determined to play it beyond the official 1024 x 768 and go full screen without deforming the image. After some searching I ended up with Redux Mod, wich provides upscaling, widescreen support and HD textures. It is a GREAT improvement over the original version and very enjoyable playing 4k (or whatever bizarre scaling the game does 😂 ) on the TV screen.
See you on the streets!
I will do so once I get my steam deck, perfect game for it!

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
We might very well be around the same age then 🤘 .

Also, I didn't mentioned it, but I'm quite the "M" guy when it comes to ARPG, playing the complicated build ... but that's where the fun lies... I do the same in Path of Exile XD

Born in the '81 here 😉

I like to try different builds, but I'm kind of a lazy player, I usually look around for builds tried&tested by other players. but, if I really am into a game, I do try some variations. 😁

See you on the streets!

Oh gawd, this mod can definitely be a good opportunity to install NFSU2 again! After all, it's been a while since I replayed NSFU2 for the n-th time! 🤣

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Anyone tried the new revision of Diablo 2? I looked forward to it, but after seeing some gameplay, I concluded that the graphical overhaul brought in some less than desired changes too. Character selection screen features horrendous female models and upon seeing the corrupted rogues death animation (some dog head escapes their body instead of their ghost) I concluded that perhaps it's better to skip it.