What games are you playing?

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 18, 2019
Enderal Forgotten Stories, Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition, Noita, EVE Online, and in a couple weekends will be playing a LOT of C&C3 Kanes Wrath with the buddies.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Lowering the level of difficulty to 'Don't hurt me', I finally passed the Courtroom level (Wolfenstein II).😆
First ever doing such a lowering in my 20+ years of FPS gaming.

• Wow
Reactions: Phuncz and riba2233

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Lowering the level of difficulty to 'Don't hurt me', I finally passed the Courtroom level (Wolfenstein II).😆
First ever doing such a lowering in my 20+ years of FPS gaming.
I remember really struggling with that sequence myself. Probably took me like 20 tries, if not more. I don't remember if I reduced the difficulty to get past it, but it's entirely possible that I did.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Finished Wolfenstein II today.
Will take a break from PC gaming.
Then, Metro Exodus is next.

Have had enough of the Manhattan/New Orleans landscape...guess I am going to Moscow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and riba2233

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
If some of you haven't played talos principle yet, I cannot recommend it enough.
I have it in my Steam library.
I think, after finishing Metro Exodus, I will need to take a break from First Person Shooter and will try Talos Principle (which is supposed to be a good puzzle game).

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I have it in my Steam library.
I think, after finishing Metro Exodus, I will need to take a break from First Person Shooter and will try Talos Principle (which is supposed to be a good puzzle game).
The best one IMHO, it is just so good. I couldn't wait to fire up the DLC after finishing the main game.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Another chill game to go aside with whatever you're invested into is Venineth. A marble game with great visuals and very satisfying gameplay. Looking forward to another one called Exo One.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Played through all three parts of The Sacrifices today. Probably the most emotionally impactful game I've played in years. The Change Architect damn near caused me to completely break down. Really too bad their kickstarter failed, but the three vignettes that got made are really, really good. I guess not for those who are offended by the mere suggestion of politics in their games, but ... meh. It's impressive how such a sense of realism and presence can be conveyed through simple scenarios, litte player agency, highly stylized graphics, limited camera controls and some simple written dialogue. Well worth spending half an hour on. And tipping the developer for, if you're so inclined.

Reactions: riba2233

Tonkatsu

Average Stuffer
Jul 18, 2020
Control was on sale at gog (yeah Im cheap, I spend hundreds on parts but tens on games so I always discover most of a gen's titles late). Bought it without knowing too much about it.

Well, it sure is an attractive game with interesting gameplay, but hell... am I too old for speedy action games already? getting so wrecked. 😅 I am especially not comfortable with the way the dashing works.

What matters is that I love the design and atmosphere. The Office: the secret dark remake that never aired.
Two flavors of setting/story I like and are kinda similar, are the Silent Hill horror thriller type, and the Evil Corp conspiracy.
Polished environments with 70~80's~ish flair, or near-future sci-fi without necessarily going 'punk', but in both cases uncanny.
Scanners the video game when? COD have no idea how boring their realistic war stuff is, THIS however, is my kind of shit, I sure take as many servings of paranormal-X-scifi mindfuckery as I can, even though I'm not much into the flashy action these days so i like a more quiet kind of gameplay.

Also they said it's demanding and they were right, my old Vega 56, although it can run high settings at good fps, goes full hair dryer mode if I don't tone things down. Still runs smoother than PS4 and even XoX tho.

Last edited: