What games are you playing?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Well, I finally got tired of The Outer Worlds and started playing Tomb Raider (wich is, in fact, my very first tomb raider saga game ever!) So far it's very nice: the exploring part, upgrading my survival tools and the "platform" approach of the game. I also intend to play the other two games after this one (Rise & Shadow). Is there any advice for me?

If you like that style game you might also like the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. The story is pretty strong, though I found it had WAY too much platforming. Then again, my personal play style is more Force Unleashed.

Reactions: loader963

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Well, I finally got tired of The Outer Worlds and started playing Tomb Raider (wich is, in fact, my very first tomb raider saga game ever!) So far it's very nice: the exploring part, upgrading my survival tools and the "platform" approach of the game. I also intend to play the other two games after this one (Rise & Shadow). Is there any advice for me?
I really liked the entire TR reboot series (my first TR games ever too, though a few years back now), so hopefully you will too :) And The Outer Worlds was fun!

I've picked up Rocket League again for the n'th time, though I doubt I'll be playing it all that much. Just finished Rage 2, which was... okay for an open-world FPS with RPG elements (aka. "the kitchen sink approach") game, but nothing spectacular. Also currently in the middle of Night in the woods - so far a really cute, fun game. Should really finish Disco Elysium too though. Oh, and I've got Hades on the Switch that I'm planning on playing when I go back to Norway for a couple of weeks soon.

Reactions: Phuncz

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
While I played mostly with Hades since recent month, there are 3 games I continuously can't stop playing since recent years are Dead Cells, Darkest Dungeon and Underrail. Dead Cells just recently got it's third DLC which I'm still yet to try.
I occasionally scretch my itch for survival horror walking sims (still have plenty ahead of those) but recently acquired Disco Elysium and Pathologic 2 that I look very forward to play.

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
If you like that style game you might also like the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. The story is pretty strong, though I found it had WAY too much platforming. Then again, my personal play style is more Force Unleashed.
I enjoyed Fallen Order too, or as I call it "Star Wars: Metroid Souls" (not that I've ever played a Dark Souls-like. I think Fallen Order is about as much as I can handle). I played the GameBoy Advanced Metroid games (Fusion and Zero Mission) and got a taste for the genre, as much as I need guides and things to help me. I definitely needed those guides when playing Fallen Order. It had that classic "Metroidvania" feeling of progressively leveling-up and opening new places to explore. It did sort of feel like the maps had two levels of difficulty: painfully linear and five-dimensional confusing. But, I chalked it up to part of the fun of classic 2D Metroid secret passageways being realized in 3D.

Kommando

Average Stuffer
Dec 19, 2020
Horizon: Zero Dawn, soon for the third time.

I'll be definitely peeking into D2R, too. Although i don't trust Blizzard anymore. Well, it's the Tony Hawk's team that develops it. I should interpret this as a good sign, i guess.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I know what I'll be playing 2021:

That's going to be great, wow! Certainly a lot more excited about that than any Diablo 4, given how boring Diablo 3 was.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
A good friend suggested Valheim a week ago and I must admit I’ve been hooked! Great little game and to be honest the best I’ve played and have fun with for many years. I can see myself spending hundreds of hours to my wife’s dismay

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That's going to be great, wow! Certainly a lot more excited about that than any Diablo 4, given how boring Diablo 3 was.
What has been revealed on Diablo 4 is that it is much more related to Diablo 2 than Diablo 3.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
What has been revealed on Diablo 4 is that it is much more related to Diablo 2 than Diablo 3.
Let's all hope so. D3 was such a let-down. I mean, I was something like 12 when I first played it, but even taking into account the rose-tinted glasses of naïve youth, D3 was dull as a brick. I literally don't think I died a single time during my (only) playthrough, and by a few hours in I had so much health regen that I could just wade into any horde of enemies and spam my primary attack and just walk out afterwards with full health. And the brilliant lore from D2 was ... nowhere to be found. Charmless and boring, that's a double whammy of let-down.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
@Valantar many people were let down with the original Diablo 3, though the large changes with kicking out the auction house, revamping loot, the expansion, the many additions to deepen the game has made it something different then the original. Many would say it has turned out a lot better. Though the storytelling was not adjusted though.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Still playing Battlefield 1 every night. See you on Salty Base East.

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 - I hope finishing it during Christmas
I finished the last DLC of Control (AWE) some days ago

I was thinking to buy Death Stranding but Cyberpunk 2077 bombed out my gaming plans.

I finished Red Dead Redemption 2. It shocked me that much that i couldn't play anything for days.
A true masterpiece. 10/10

After that, i couldn't play Cyberpunk 2077. I couldn't stand the look of it.
So i bought Mafia Definitive Edition in order to stay in that era and move gradually to other games.
Great story, but the game looks old by its mechanics etc. It's not bad but it can't hide its age behind the polished graphics. 7/10

A week ago, i started playing Death Stranding. So far, it looks epic.
....i'll post my 2c about it in due time.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
There is an Outrider Demo available on Steam and I have been playing a bit today. First impressions are it is pretty good, graphics are a bit dated but the game play seems pretty interesting.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yesterday restarted to continue my gameplay of Wolfenstein 2. Rested for 6 months and I am getting rusty. It does not help as I am currently stuck in the famous Courtroom scene. Will probably have to die a dozen more times before figuring out a way. Or maybe I will chicken out and lower the difficulty level to just get pass this scene. I am getting old and it is perhaps about time to change my playing style.😆

Reactions: rfarmer

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
There is an Outrider Demo available on Steam and I have been playing a bit today. First impressions are it is pretty good, graphics are a bit dated but the game play seems pretty interesting.

To me, game play / plot > graphics, always :)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yesterday restarted to continue my gameplay of Wolfenstein 2. Rested for 6 months and I am getting rusty. It does not help as I am currently stuck in the famous Courtroom scene. Will probably have to die a dozen more times before figuring out a way. Or maybe I will chicken out and lower the difficulty level to just get pass this scene. I am getting old and it is perhaps about time to change my playing style.😆
I have played through several of the Wolfensteins and they are hard, fun but you have to work for it.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Finished GoW 1&2. Starting up SW fallen Order and, while in my Netflix binge watching, going back thru FF7... hoping for news of the remake to hit pc in April.

Reactions: Phuncz