What games are you playing?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Soon, very soon. Now available for pre load.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I don't know if you heard but even though it says Sept 13 for release date that is 12am UK time so it actually releases Sept 12 at 7pm EST and 4pm PST.
I live in Australia - so 12 AM UK time on the 13th will be 9 AM on the 13th in Melbourne. Which is conveniently when I start work haha

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Currently I'm in the middle of

Wolfenstein: New Order (haven't played since February)
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (haven't played since June; Took over time from Wolfenstein)
Assassin's Creed Unity (haven't played since July; took over time from XCOM)

Currently mostly playing PC Building Simulator and Beat Saber (mostly beat saber nowadays; Took over time from Assassin's Creed - do you see a pattern here?)

And ever so often I launch up Titanfall 2 - this is my go-to game when I just wanna chill a bit online; albeit it do causes me to rage so much too. :p

Now winter is coming, so hopefully I can get back to finishing Wolfenstein and XCOM.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Currently I'm in the middle of

Wolfenstein: New Order (haven't played since February)
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (haven't played since June; Took over time from Wolfenstein)
Assassin's Creed Unity (haven't played since July; took over time from XCOM)

Currently mostly playing PC Building Simulator and Beat Saber (mostly beat saber nowadays; Took over time from Assassin's Creed - do you see a pattern here?)

And ever so often I launch up Titanfall 2 - this is my go-to game when I just wanna chill a bit online; albeit it do causes me to rage so much too.

Now winter is coming, so hopefully I can get back to finishing Wolfenstein and XCOM.
I really enjoyed Titanfall 2, not played for a while think I should fire it up soon.

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Is there still a high player-count for Titanfall 2? I was really into the first one and got really good at it but haven't played since I started playing Siege. Now all I have time for is Siege + 1 other PvE game. So Siege + Borderlands will be me for the time being.

Anyone else who plays Siege though, new season just dropped and it has some of the best improvements for a long time and some Meta changing, or just simply extremely fun, operators to play with.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Is there still a high player-count for Titanfall 2? I was really into the first one and got really good at it but haven't played since I started playing Siege. Now all I have time for is Siege + 1 other PvE game. So Siege + Borderlands will be me for the time being.

Anyone else who plays Siege though, new season just dropped and it has some of the best improvements for a long time and some Meta changing, or just simply extremely fun, operators to play with.
There is a small, loyal playerbase. But nothing big. Since I am based in Europe, during my playing hours, there are only about 1500 - 3500 players online at any given time. Sometimes I can see the numbers reach 4000. So last time me and my friend played, we ran into the same opponents/players a couple of times during our session.

This is such a shame though, because I still think Titanfall 2 is one of the best, polished FPS shooter-experiences out there. Too bad most people nowadays just want hero-shooters (Overwatch) or Battle Royale games; my gaming clan only have 3 people playing titanfall, whilst most others play either Overwatch or PUBG (luckily no one plays Fortnite ;-) )

Reactions: Soul_Est

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
I have been playing Dragon Age 2.
The game play loop is not very fun, it's way too much hack-n-slashy for my taste with waves and waves of anoying enemies in every encounter. It has some elements of a more "traditional d&d style" game like Baldurs Gate, and the story if fun enough to force me through the game. :p

considering it can't even run Hollow Knight at 60fps at 1080p.

My girlfriend's notebook was also unable to play hollow knight in a nice res. But since it seemed like the reason the game is so hard to drive was due to all the vector art, running it in 480p made the game look as there was a cool grain filter on top. This "filter" was very fitting with the game's atmosphere. :v

And ever so often I launch up Titanfall 2 - this is my go-to game when I just wanna chill a bit online; albeit it do causes me to rage so much too.
I really enjoyed Titanfall 2, not played for a while think I should fire it up soon.
This is such a shame though, because I still think Titanfall 2 is one of the best, polished FPS shooter-experiences out there. Too bad most people nowadays just want hero-shooters (Overwatch) or Battle Royale games; my gaming clan only have 3 people playing titanfall, whilst most others play either Overwatch or PUBG (luckily no one plays Fortnite ;-) )

I just bought this game for VERY cheap on origin! I was interested in the campaign, though, I heard it's very good (although short). :D

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I just bought this game for VERY cheap on origin! I was interested in the campaign, though, I heard it's very good (although short).
I really liked the Titanfall 2 single-player campaign, but yeah, it was indeed short. Wish they put some more resources into extending it, as the core gameplay and worldbuilding are both very solid. I did try the multiplayer for a bit, but I don't have the time or patience to keep up in that kind of a game online.

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
My girlfriend's notebook was also unable to play hollow knight in a nice res. But since it seemed like the reason the game is so hard to drive was due to all the vector art, running it in 480p made the game look as there was a cool grain filter on top. This "filter" was very fitting with the game's atmosphere. :v
HK works on a Nintendo Switch... Personally, I had no issues with it with my old W3690 and GTX 970 on a 1440p 60hz panel.
Currently I am still using the same CPU with a Titan X Pascal (and obviously still no issues).
It is not that hard to run with relatively modern hardware.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
HK works on a Nintendo Switch... Personally, I had no issues with it with my old W3690 and GTX 970 on a 1440p 60hz panel.
Currently I am still using the same CPU with a Titan X Pascal (and obviously still no issues).
It is not that hard to run with relatively modern hardware.

My laptop has a GT940M, so nowhere near close to GTX 970 power.