What did you do today?

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
This week;
-Stood down from my manager role at my day job, due to lack of support and stress issues;
-Thus, took a 30% pay cut;
-Re-budgeted to scrape through on said less pay (it's gunna be very tight.. looking after my two kids by myself on minimum wage is tough);
-Started organising CES stuff;
-Santa related stuff for the kids;
-And continued work on SFFn content :D
Stay strong. I know how hard it can be to look out for someone else, especialy two kids.

Excited to the upcoming CES coverage!:)
Who is this years team?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Stay strong. I know how hard it can be to look out for someone else, especialy two kids.

Excited to the upcoming CES coverage!:)
Who is this years team?

Thankyou :)

This year's team will be @3lfk1ng and @||| . Myself and whomever I can rustle up will be the away team, converting snapshots of booths into full news posts :)

(and yes, we are already planning Computex too!)

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Bought far too much expensive camera-gear. PC's are a cheap hobby in comparison!

When you look at lenses ... I can pretty much understand it XD

Last edited:

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Snow over here in ol' Blighty too. Gratuitous this-phone-can-do-slow-motion-so-all-videos-need-to-be-slow-motion shot:
The giant fluffball is a Norwegian Forest cat, that hates going out in the snow.

Digging around in an old backup folder, I found a Bitcoin wallet containing 1.5 BTC I bought back in 2013, but it was locked with a passphrase I thought I could remember but didn't.
Spent a few hours making up a password variant list (well over 1000) of things I thought it could be and variants (grammar, punctuation, capitalisation, etc) and pointed btcrecover at it. Eventually found the passphrase (I knew it was a quote from a novel, but I'd remembered the wrong quote!), so once I;ve gone throgh the tedious process of setting up a trading account and jumping through the anti-money-laundering hoops, I should have a nice surprise bonus just in time for Christmas (and to make up for the lost earnings for the past two months).

Decided that I should be the one rocking the world's largest SFFn logo:
Isn't that missing the point? ;)
In the process I accidentally gashed my hand on the side panel
@Aibohphobia will have to haunt you now.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Last edited:

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Got scared into cleaning off my 18GB chrome browsing session. Looking through tabs and going "I... don't have a connection to this" made me realise what a horrible note-taker I am

Feelings point to starting from a clean session, lol. Might have to start my research all over again.

Personally I'm the type of person who screams at my mobile browser for not closing tabs at the end of session. I have a hard time imagining how you end up at such a number. :eek:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Did some yard work (raking leaves and cutting down a tree branch) and started/finished and essay about a movie I watched in class about a week ago. Got it turned in before the deadline so that's good, though it's probably even better that the semester is coming to a close. The rest of the week is finals and work, so I think I'm going to make up some coffee and work on things before I call it a night.