What did you do today?

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Not today ... but tomorrow I'll have an important job interview.

If any of you have a non-SFF chassis to burn to please the SFF lord, like a prodifatass for example, I'd be more than grateful :D.
Rooting for you buddy.

@Solo
Most new cards in that price range are the same way. My Sapphire RX 570 ITX is like that and works just fine.

Life has been hectic due to both jobs getting hectic. Also switching to just one system for both jobs (separate profiles/spaces for each job). My old work machine is nearly a decade so I needed to upgrade. Gonna miss that keyboard.

Last edited:

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Rooting for you buddy.

@Solo
Most new cards in that price range are the same way. My Sapphire RX 570 ITX is like that and works just fine.

Life has been hectic due to both jobs getting hectic. Also switching to just one system for both jobs (separate profiles/spaces for each job). My old work machine is nearly a decade so I needed to upgrade. Gonna miss that keyboard.
thinkpad?

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Since it started snowing today I found time to finish my workstation. It was my first time doing hard tubing so she doesn’t have the prettiest bends but they’ll do.

Last edited:

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
SOLO said:
I repasted an EVGA 1050ti SC for no actual reason. This is the cheapest card I have ever owned and it is seriously built like a toy. The shroud is plastic and the heatsink is completely aluminum. It's disgusting.

I had the 750 Ti SC five years ago and it was just as pos. Minimum fan speed of ~ 1200RPM kept the card at 50C under load and made more noise than anything else in the system.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Chinese New Year today!:D
It is Year of the Pig. So, it is Porky's year while last year was Snoopy's.
One interesting statistics...this period (~30-40days) is the largest annual human migration. About 3 billion people travel back to their home towns to visit family and friends.

Last edited:

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I should have taken a pic lol. This was like twelve hours ago right before the garbage dudes came. The pieces are probably in a landfill by now.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Man, I really do crank terrible designs out :p

Finished one that was supposed to be done in a month, starting a new one

Reactions: Soul_Est