What did you do today?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I showed my boss the past year's on-premise server uptimes: 100.00% on all of them during work hours (12 hours a day and saturday morning).

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
So after two dates to the cinema in one afternoon I gotta say..
Rogue One had some really fun and exciting scenes and as previously stated I believe, quite predictable main plot but it felt right.:cool:
Fantastic Beasts had a lovely set of costumes and lore, less predictable in some moments however it felt like that kind of movie you could watch over and over again.:)

And finally... blood stains on a white shirt really brings out that Christmas spirit in your outfit you know!:oops:

Reactions: Soul_Est

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
In my personal opinion, Rogue One was one of the best Star Wars movies. Not that I want to debate this as this personal preference, but in my opinion it was well paced, clearly shot/framed and the right balances allround. I was also very happy with the way Episode VII turned out. It is clear to me that tearing the franchise out of George Lucas' clenched hands was a very good thing.

vluft

programmer-at-arms
Jun 19, 2016
In my personal opinion, Rogue One was one of the best Star Wars movies. Not that I want to debate this as this personal preference, but in my opinion it was well paced, clearly shot/framed and the right balances allround. I was also very happy with the way Episode VII turned out. It is clear to me that tearing the franchise out of George Lucas' clenched hands was a very good thing.

Agreed! Will need a few more watches and some time but I think it takes either second or third spot in my personal ranking. (Empire, Star Wars, Force Awakens, Jedi, A Lot of Empty Space, More Empty Space, Prequels)

Reactions: Phuncz

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
It sure brought a lot to the table and has quite possibly set a high bar for future Star Wars movies in expanding the universe, showing off the characters and scale of it all while opening up to discussions about what's actually right and wrong... and I'm so glad how much CGI has evolved to allow for amazing scenes that really convey it's not a tiny battle here and there but actually a war with armies and culture.

Reactions: Phuncz and Soul_Est

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
Sure.

Can I just say that their website is horrible? I tried to use it on Edge, Vivaldi and Firefox and in neither browser is it displayed correctly.
I can't even load their website on Chrome :<

Attempting to load the webpage crashed 4 other tabs too.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Worked a couple of clients' systems and had a look at the Gatebox.

For those who can't load the site, the trailer is here (along with somewhat embellished subtitles).
My immediate reaction is disgust: you've gone to the trouble of implementing a projection onto a transparent display and stuck it in a transparent tube in order to half-heartedly pretend to be a volumetric display, and you don't even have the common decency to use the camera to reproject the avatar to follow the viewer's head (let alone utilise your formfactor to rotate the display assembly to follow them and avoid off-axis issues). Both these functions (face tracking and Live2D) are available as commodity software, you don't even need to implement it yourself. For shame!

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
For those who can't load the site, the trailer is here (along with somewhat embellished subtitles).
My immediate reaction is disgust: you've gone to the trouble of implementing a projection onto a transparent display and stuck it in a transparent tube in order to half-heartedly pretend to be a volumetric display, and you don't even have the common decency to use the camera to reproject the avatar to follow the viewer's head (let alone utilise your formfactor to rotate the display assembly to follow them and avoid off-axis issues). Both these functions (face tracking and Live2D) are available as commodity software, you don't even need to implement it yourself. For shame!
I most humbly agree. OpenCV is just one of the multiple solutions for face-tracking.

I was expecting a rant about the state of our society that allows such a product to even be marketable after that. Was pleasantly surprised. :D
It is sad that the pressure to succeed and contribute back to society also leads to so many in a lonely, near soul-crushing existence where social interaction (in their personal lives) is sorely needed yet hard to initiate (due to anxiety, lack of time, "politeness", etc.). Sadly, a lot of Japanese fiction media about the future looks more and more like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
First Cup Nude and now this. Good game Japan, good game (BTW that link is NSFW).

Last edited: